1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

HOWTO: Mod VSHG single switch PS3 / X360

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by KoD, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Nobiru

Nobiru Member

got it set up and working, thank you so much for this Thread, its helped a lot, and now i get to play VF5, SC1, and DoA4 in awesome arcade stick glory! and soon i will add SC4!

2. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

3. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    please tell me is there any difference between an M or S engraved on the bottom of the stick? on my stick is M (seems it's Ok), but many people with M seems have some problems with input?

4. 001

i've had m and s vshg and they are both fine for vf5. you may still run into 3 button press problems with either m or s on t5dr and some games on mame.

the one you should be worried about is no engraving since those are the ones that had problems and got recalled.

5. Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman Active Member

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to the guys that came up with this mod. I did my friends VSHG yesterday using a Madcatz gamepad and everything went perfectly. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

As KoD mentioned in the first post, I couldn't get the analogue triggers to work properly. They did work when it was set to the madcatz pad (removed triggers and used resistors) but when switched to the PS3, it was like L2 and R2 were held down for a while. I did testing on my PC as I don't have a PS3.

I removed the connection to the triggers on the madcatz pad and everything was right again with the PS3 side.

Is there any other way to have the triggers connected and not affect the PS3 side or should I just leave them disconnected?

6. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    I personally leave them disconnected, and disable them in game options as well. There aren't many (any?) worthwhile games than need 8 buttons.

7. godspu

godspu Member

sorry if this has already been answered, but what is the purpose of switching the power if you're jumping the power between pcbs anyways?

8. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    You don't switch the power (both pcbs need to be powered), you're just switching the 2 usb data lines.

9. godspu

godspu Member

ok ty

10. Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman Active Member

I told my friend I had to leave them disconnected and he had no problem with it.

11. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

sorry for uber nub question, but after I read the whole thread, I still curious for some things.

With the installed switch, you can play either PS3 & xbox360 using this stick? or just xbox360? And it just used 1 xbox360 PCB, if I didn't misread.

Coz I think I'm gonna mod my xbox360 EX2 stick for PS3. (reverse this thread situation)

12. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Yeah, you can play either ps3 or xbox360. (either one also works on pc).

You should search around first to make sure the ex2 stick pcb is common ground; i doubt it is.

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Man, how can you live without being able to rotate the character models in the customization screen?!

14. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

after had chit chat with my mechanic friend, I kinda understand about the mod stuff.

Duh, it's hard to find ex2 pcb information even though i already google it.

to make it simple, how about using 2 pcb and 2 output (usb)?
    for PS3, PC Pad also compatible with ps3 right? so can I use it for mod my ex2? (without any laggy, or any troublesome)

15. 001

you can't dual mod with an ex2 pcb because its not common ground.

16. akish1982

akish1982 New Member

I'm one that's new to this idea as well so please humor me if I say something dumb - I'm looking to mod a different stick with a 15 pin connector (vga) output so I can simply attached project boxes to it with various controller pcbs in the boxes.

My question is, would this idea work with the fore-mentioned 360 pad AND would it work with some form of ps3 pad? I have noticed there are hardwired ps3 off brand pads.

Thanks in advance for the input.

17. 001

18. nasirjones

nasirjones New Member

Does the current Madcatz Arcade Stick (the cheapass $19.99) from Gamestop has common ground?

19. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
  20. nasirjones

nasirjones New Member

^yea thats the one

hmmm I only see 4 buttons....wheres is LB and RB on the stick?

Also anyone has a pcb diagram of the madcatz stick?