1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[HYDRA] Evo in FL, a new beginning.

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by imf, Nov 1, 2002.

1. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Let it begin...

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

I own everyone at EVO, and all of you suck!

There that should do it!

see yall tomorrow night /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Who can argue with that? Akira is so badass now. I might learn him this time around. Jacky is even more cheezy! Kage, minus some new kicks and new punces is still pretty much the same. I would have liked to have seen them add more shuto chops though.

4. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Stomp I will count on you to show me new moves in this game. Since I'm even busier than ever nowadays. Hopefully I can squeeze at least one win out of ever 20 or so games I play huhuhu.

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Hiya IMF:
    Where is the EVO machine?

thx.

6. imf

imf Well-Known Member

It's at rockys nycat.

7. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

yay! Finally a new damn thread =)

Some of you will taste the pai as soon as i step into florida.

8. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

For anyone that hasn't played evo at rockies yet. The board was stuffed into the old machine, so same layout and sticks. Sticks are not good, but not unplayable. Best of 3, 30 sec. Sean, get off your ass and have them get it right. lol. New sticks, best of 5, and 45 sec. I have the next 3 days off so I'll probably be there once or twice.

Peace.

9. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Take a lesson from Toronto crew. Try your best to change the environment (i.e get a couple of japanese sanwa sticks and buttons and give it to arcade). At least then you'll have teh hotnASS sticks to play on (it is not expensive at all)! Andy and I did that and arcade owner was cool with it.

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Adam, just a word of caution - sanwa sticks cannot be installed onto a normal jamma NA cabinet. The panel's wood is too thick...you *could*, but it would be a lot of physical modification. Hopefully, the Evo will be in a cabinet suited for japanese sticks.

IMF, exactly what Adam said. Ask the guys at Rockys to switch the sticks. Buy a couple good competition sticks from Happ and *give* them to the arcade if you have to. I did that for the buttons last year at our arcade and now our operator actually puts those kind of buttons (happ competition, like my PS2 stick) on all his games /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

cheers,

11. Enkindu

It's best of 5 now. 45 secs.

12. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

not fair [​IMG]

13. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Jeffrey is a beast!
    Im a fucking badass

14. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    That's it! /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

I am moving; every town has got EVO but NYC. /versus/images/icons/confused.gif

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

and Maryland!

16. Enkindu

This is too easy.

17. Air Jacky

Air Jacky Well-Known Member

Hi

i might be going to FL soon, so what city is it in?
    I will be just north of miami about 20 mins away. Is that close?
    Thanks
    boyd from Minn.
    Hope to see you

18. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Actually Boyd, we're in Orlando, which isn't very close to Miami. Perhaps we'll be able to drive down and meet you in South FL. Where are you staying and when?

19. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Hey, no VF on thursday, but if you want , IMF you can come over on Monday. Its a holiday.

20. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

OK guys, this is the situation. Rockies isn't satisfied with the amount EVO is getting played. This is what is happening, "WE'RE HAVING A EVO GATHERING". Tomorrow night! Thursday is OUR night to show Rockies that there are players here and that we do appreciate having EVO in Orlando! Now, for the love of god show up. =) PM me to let me know if you can make it. I want to hear from everyone, this is serious.