1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hydra presents: Florida Super Battle 2003, Oct 10th-12th.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by imf, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

If last night has any kind of foreshadowing, FSB is going to be hot nasty. Nasty hot I say. Kyasao is the man, and can hold his own at Time Crisis 3, one of my favorite games ever. Ohh yeah, hes really good at VF as well. lol If you arent here yet, Hurry the hell up. IF your still thinking about coming, Dont be dumb, do what ever it takes. FSB is going to be the premier event in sports entertainment history....Wait no thats wrestling.....FSB is going to rock. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. flood

flood Active Member

Man...

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Haha, I got owned by our new guest. Shou just showed up. More to come. This house is rocking. We watched some evo dvd replays tonight from the game. Kyasao was shocked to see all those clips there. It was funny. More to come.

4. stompoutloud

Tonight we welcome Maddy from Ohio. Tomorrow two guys from Baton Rouge is coming as well as Dre and Ghostdog. Thursday night should be the shit. Here are a few pics I got a chance to upload just now.

http://photos.yahoo.com/stephenh_ap

5. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

O_O FFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. stompoutloud

I wish you were here smurfy. Onistompa, I don't understand how you couldn't take care of your car to begin with when this tourney was announced a long time ago. haha. Just kidding.

Today, they went to disney world. It was shou, cappo, blonde one, kazu, and kyasao. Me, Jerky, Jedi, and imf stayed and played a good portion of the day. We also watched the movie the returner. It was fun. I played 80 matches with jerky and then played 60 matches with Jedi and then 50 matches with imf. too much fun. Waiting for them to come back so we can get it on. I owe shou a good beatdown with the pad. Last night I got to play Kyasao's Lion and he plays just like Chibita. It was sick. Too much fun.

Some hightlights so far from chatting with kyasao.....

*he hates playing against Aoi players in Japan the most.

*He loves to play against Chibita and homestay akira the most. Well, he named a few more, but I forgot.

*He thinks Segaru (sp?) the wolf player is machi. We all laughed. haha.

*he got drunk off of half a margarita. His eyes turned beat red and then we wanted him to play shun when we got back. But he went to sleep. Jerky finished the drink.

*we saw bowling clips of him and his highest score is 244.

*He thinks us pad players are crazy!~

Other highlights:

Jerky is so far nominated as the guy with the most losing picture poses.

imf says shou's sarah is full of cheese.

we had a stomp kumite since I was the only pad player. I won't reveal my sorry ass record. But I got kazu once. haha

I won the first annual typing of the dead tourney.

Kyasao got first place on daytona usa I got second.

7. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

Great stuff Stomp!
    Keep it coming, I love reading this!

8. Netrom

Netrom Well-Known Member

Great pictures /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I wish I could be there /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope you put out more pictures soon.

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    *He thinks Segaru (sp?) the wolf player is machi. We all laughed. haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, this is a point i was trying to make to make to jide, ragingsilver, dakira(think), and the rest of those bums on UF-UK.

shaddap UK crew.. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I never said Sega-ru wasn't Machi. But if you Machi and have a 78% win rate you must be doign something right. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

And since when was defence such a bad thing anyway /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

MADDY WILL OWN (hopefully), he's too quiet to talk shit so I'll do it for him. I'm j/k by the way, hope he does well in the name of owning (and giving up Pelicans). GO OHIO (and everyone else). /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Too bad you couldn't make it. We had some crazy team battle matches last night, and it's all on tape. Kyasao is the man!! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hopefully we'll do it again today as soon as everyone else shows up.

13. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    I just want to know where IMF got that kick ass Dreamcast shirt /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

15. stompoutloud

[ QUOTE ]
    baobab said:

I just want to know where IMF got that kick ass Dreamcast shirt /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

From sega where else??/ lol

16. stompoutloud

Wow, not really much time to log anything. But since everyone is getting ready for the hotel portion of fsb, here I go........

Kyasao let us talk to one of his friends who was a programmer for am2. He asked us why we thought tekken 4 was a failure. haha, I typed 100 words a minute for that one. haha

Kyasao's bbs has me and Jedi's entry in there.

We all went to new symrna beach yesterday. I picked up Icecold and big boy. Me, Cappo, Ice and bigboy played for six hours and then the rest of the crew came back. Then we played and hung out and then started a mini pre fsb 3 on 3 round robin tourney. Four teams of three.

1. Icecold, shou, kyasao- Team Japan (shou is a sell out)
    2. Stompoutloud, Jerky, Imf- team going home. (lol @ jerky)
    3. Kazu, Cappo, Ghostdog- team China
    4. Jedi, Madagascar, Dre- team whip ass

The whole tourney was recorded on a vcr and smurfy when I head to nyc, you get first dibs on seeing it. It's just so sweet. Almost every match was full of intensity and we had some funny ass moments. Here are some...

*Icecold took Kazu to 5 rounds with his vanessa against Kazu's Lau and had kyasao telling Kazu he sucked! Icecold put a series of whipass hits on him by neutral grabbing him and hitting him three times. That got the whole place rocking. When it was the end of round four, a bunch of us yelled out Zero Chan rules and the place started laughing..

*Stomp almost takes out team Japan by himself. Beating Icecold, shou and taking Kyasao to five rounds. Then kyasao owns imf and jerky.

*Jerky went defeated and winless in the tourney. See above picture.

*Dre ate the nastiest looking move from kyasao to end the tourney.

Cap versus imf was really intense. We will put it up as soon as we can.

Today, we should see Adam yuki, Ghettoshun, Flood, Srider, and many others. We are heading to the hotels right now. All the hotel rooms will be equipped with evo. More fun as it heads to Orlando!!!!!!

Other stuff that happend. Dre and Ghostdog arrived safe and sound.

Kyasao and I played Metal Slug 3 on mame.

Bigboy got to taste japanese cigarettes for the first time.

Icecold wins for most packed guy. He brought an air matress. Way to go!

Jedi was the announcer for the tourney.

I just uploaded a good 20 new pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/stephenh_ap

17. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sorry guys, Flood and I are a no go now. Something came up at the last moment. We should have bought plane tix instead of driving.... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully we'll have another event soon to see you all. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

18. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

As a side note, if Maddy breaks my stick with his crazy hard Korean inputs, it'll be clobberin time. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif All good, glad to here it's mass fun up there. Next time I'll try and make it.

19. flood

flood Active Member

Man I wanted to go soooooo bad...

20. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Too bad you guys couldn't make it. Stomp's game room kicks ass!!

BTW, the singles tournament was awesome. Excellent matches. Adam Yuki got a huge win against Kyasao to move on to the finals against Cappo. The finals were great. Both players deserved to be there. Cappo eventually won.

I wish I could write more, but I'm dead tired right now. More thoughts later.