1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hydra presents: Florida Super Battle 2003, Oct 10th-12th.

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by imf, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Re: FSB Thoughts

OK, I have to clear up a couple of things. I am not Japanese nor cheesy! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A big round of applause goes to the Florida crew to making this event happen. I know arranging a large scale tourney isn't easy but you guys did it. I've lost count on how many events I have attended this year but the hospitality and environment were amongst the best. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

IMF
    You crouch too much. I'm gonna bore you to death next time. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blonde1
    Thanks for your masterful guiding around Disney (with a cameo appearance by Serena Williams even!) and playing matches with me. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cappo
    You and no one else has shown me why Lei Fei is top tier but I guess you're not so weak now. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif Good job beating up on your sparring partner but remember there are guys like you all over the world!

Jedi
    Thanks for picking me up and all the work you did for this event. It didn't go unnoticed. Beat up IMF. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DRE
    Impressive use of numerous characters, it's too bad you don't live around more competition. I know how it feels though.

ghostdog
    I wanted to play you but you're always asleep! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stompoutloud
    Thanks for your hospitality! Next time, we should have Team Taiwan. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kyasao
    From Disney World to the beach and other interesting places, I had crazy fun with this guy but he needs to cut back on the rei comments. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyhow, his Kage is still deadly and very fast paced. /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Kazu
    You are Chinese and machi too much. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif We will death match first to 100 next time!

adamYUKI
    Good to see you again. It's surprising to see you outside of NYC. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif Looks like I stole your machi title but you're welcome to take it back any time. Your team represented well as always.

ghettoSHUN
    You're lucky my stick broke! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Madagascar
    My midwest compatriot, you've trained hard and showed everyone how strong we are even if the scene is miniscule. Come to STL for training again. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IceCold & BigBoy
    I applaud you guys for making out. It's unfortunate that I didn't get to play you guys much. I think you sleep more than FL players. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

To: all the FSB participants.

It's been about a week since FSB is over. There has been some good reports on the event in this thread, but I think it would be better if we have more reports in this thread before the memory of this event in everyone's mind gets faded more.

The reason I am saying this is based on my personal experience. Back in the day right after NYG3, there were many good reports from people who made to the event on VFDC. I was on of those who read the report and found out how good it was and thought that if there is another national gathering, I would consider going. The next event was the NYG Topgun which was my first national gathering experience.

I think good reports after any event can drag more people and new faces to next events in the future which every one of us felt a need of it at FSB.

If you haven't written one yet but have thought about writing it someday in the future, I think this is a good time to do it. Hope to see many new players in the future gatherings.

Cheers,
    -Maddy-

3. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

William actually spent about an hour typing last week & then mysteriously vaporized his post. Since then he has been searching for the elusive Yeti and hasn't had much time to sit and scribble. His long anticipated post should be forthcoming provided the fauna of these mysterious lands don't further detain him.

Oh yeah...to everyone who's matches I have saved on my memory card (Dre...Maddy...Kazu...Ghettoshun..anyone else?) great stuff & thanks! Maddy v Kazu is tha shizznitizzlit!

4. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

5. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Re: Results

WTF cappo? /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Gogogogogo [P][P][P][2_][K]