1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Hydra] VF4 in Florida, what a wonderful thing!

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by UnCauzi, Feb 10, 2002.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

VFers travel quite a bit, just that they tend to be pretty picky about where they travel. That's sort of why I wrote a fairly big statement regarding when VF players typically travel and where/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I'll emphasize again, they tend to be picky about where they travel. Unless they happened to have been on a trip for another reason (business, pleasure, etc...)

-Chanchai

2. imf

imf Well-Known Member

He's trying to say you guys are SCRUBS. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Whatever floats your boat, I owned up all at NyC cept Hiro, Jeff and Nelson. If they show, nice, if they don't. I could care less; however, to see how they improved is on my agenda in the future. Also from what I've been told they don't travel much and this is from a NyC player. Where are you from chanchai? And why are you speaking for NyC?

4. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Well to be competely honest I would still go to Philly for March Madness even if VF4 wasn't on the docket. It just so happens that it is, so that is to be a bonus for me. As a matter of fact I'm pretty picky myself when it comes to the tournaments that I compete in.

In Japan, Korea, and the UK they have nice turnouts for their VF4 tournaments, and they make videos and put them up on the web for the world to see after its all done. Why is this not going on in the States? Well soon there will be one this month in Orlando, and one next month in Philly. I'm sure people will come to play in them, people who have skill regardless if you consider them a VFer or not. Whether or not you'll see any videos is completely up to the organizers. Don't be bitter, sir. You could come too. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

I am a tournament player. It's just another reason why I play video games. I enjoy traveling to and from tournaments, making new friends, learning new things and testing my skill and composure! How do you think people get so good? It's not from sitting at home figuring frames, and making posts about "other" traveling VFers whom I have no idea about, but hope to meet them at a tournament, it's from putting everything on the line. Arrogance doesn't just happen, it's developed. When I play, people stare in AWE. It's a fact. What person who thinks they are good wouldn't want to compete or be picky? I mean I'm always around for a fun casual match, but when it's being judged by newbies, or biased players I get feedback. Even when I personaly don't think it counts towards anything since I wasn't trying my best. It's still appreciated though, even if the opinion is negative.

5. UnCauzi

My last stab at dodging my responsibilities this evening. Akira2001, when are you going to do the daytime thing again? You've gotten more aggressive which was hella cool. Maybe it's because you are sick /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I'd suggest playing with delays with Laus elbow combinations, it was a bit easy to read that part of your Lau play today. Sides that great job.

6. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Not sure when I will get back up there during the day. Possibly on Thursday. I will give you a call. I stopped by today for around 25 minutes or so. Just to try out a couple things.
    Do you think you can make it on Thurs?
    If not, let me know when you can and I will try to accomodate.

Later

7. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Hey Enk, fun games tonight.

Your Wolf and Kage keep getting stronger everytime I play you. Much respect!!

later

8. UnCauzi

Well I don't think I can make it tomorrow, I'll be getting ready for my trip and take care of some business. I may show up later, after say 3. Other than that I'd only be able to show in the evening. Gaishou you up for some evening play? Enk?

9. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

quite possibly, was there tonight. actually played lei-gay a few more times and am starting to like him. getting 3 different low hit throws with wolfie. think things may be coming together......

10. Enkindu

Yes, I am up for some evening games!! I'll see you there!!

11. Enkindu

You too IMF!

12. UnCauzi

Enk, dood your wolf is way bad ass, even when played by me huhuhu. I'm thinking we'll represent some wolf at March Madness I'm like 65% going, not positive yet. GG's all the way around.

Gaishou! Where were you yo! Hehe it's okay at least according to these past posts you've been playing a lot lately. Well, prolly won't see any of yuz tomorrow but next friday or so bet on it.

13. gaishou

more than likely this sat and a whole lot more next week and i'll definitely OD......lol

14. Enkindu

Thanks Unc! Your Shun Di is looking great, and your strats are coming together exceptionally nice! Laying the smack down on his ass is not an easy task. I'm glad you played Wolf yesterday. GG's sir.

15. Enkindu

I can do the stunner.

16. UnCauzi

Okay for those who messaged me, OD, VF4 tourney Sunday evening at 5:00, may start as late as 6:30 though.

17. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hello guys. I just met The Dude and Iron Monkey Fist at Rockys this past week or so. I am another central florida VF 4 player. Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I am the one who learned a lot from The Dude on his Lion game. I love using that guy. I also use Pai and Lau at this time. The guy in the pony tail, his name is Matar. He uses Jeffery and Vanessa a lot. Anyways, I have played The Dude and IMF, but I don't know any of the other people. I do know the one guy with glasses that is friends with The dude and IMF and he uses Kage and Wolf. He has a sweet Kage game. There is this other guy who plays Jacky and I met him a long time ago at the Florida mall playing Tekken Tag Tournament. Then there was this tall guy who has a sweet Sarah game. Good juggles and good counters. Anyways, just wanted to say hi, and see you at Rockys soon. Usually I go there from 3pm to about 5pm or so on the weekdays right before I head to Tai chi class in Titusville or back to work doing house calls. Later.

18. gaishou

hey stomp,

i met you if i am correct. i played sarah and pai the night i saw/met you. waas wondering if you were going to make it to the board......welcome.

19. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Hey stomp I'm the Jacky player, glad to see your headed in the right direction for VF. Hope you learn lots on here.

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  20. Enkindu

Hi stompoutloud! I know who you are sir. I'm leaving the office and heading to Rocky's today at 4:30pm so I may or may not see you there. Anyway thanks for the compliment! Do you go to Rocky's on the weekend? Well, that's all for now. Take care.

-Enk