1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hype!

Discussion in 'General' started by tonyfamilia, Oct 10, 2012.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

In an effort to not only build hype in this community and also to have a thread where you can challenge someone I propose that we post here without having to deal with the nastiness that is the BG's thread.

This thread isn't for bad games, pullers, people you just hate, etc. It's a hype thread, not a hate thread.
    That said, if you think that you can beat someone in a FTwhatever# then challenge them here and let's get a little hype/trash talk/rivalry going!

I noticed that a lot of people talk trash but don't and/or can't back it up. There's players online right now who "hate me" and claim to beat me but won't step up and play me because their ego can't stand to lose to me. A "lesser" player in their mind... but yet they lose most of the time :confused:
    Then there's the ""I DON'T LIKE YOU *raspberry*"" excuse that immature idiots love to use. Who cares? Nobody asked you your personal opinion of every player. There's plenty of total strangers that you play who you never interact with AT ALL but since they don't beat that ass, then you cool with them, they remain on your good side until they start beating you =/
    And, please, don't even bring the online excuse here unless you're playing a guy overseas or something. Lag/online/blahblah, that's a whole other topic that has it's own threads. Please, no derailing... I yomi'd that shit! LOL

Players when they play me tend to think things such as "why am I losing to this guy?? he fucking sucks! I'm the better player! How is he always getting the W?! FUUUUCK! RAAAAAAAAAGE!!!" Lmao.
    I admit that my style is frustrating. I don't have the kind of style that makes people say "wow, this guy is good" I have the kind of style that makes players say "man, what's wrong with me today? I suck right now!" =/

So come get some! Stop being scared and THROW DOWN THE GAUNTLET... unless you don't really want it... which is usually the case... cluckedety cluck cluck... cluckers :D
    ^Edited for "sensitivity" purposes.
    Also you can chime on in rivalries and get some talk going on who would beat who and why.
    For example, JUST AN EXAMPLE: Konjou VS Shang. Who do you think would win right now between those two?
    I think Konjou would beat Shang in a FTwhatever.

So, who here thinks that Tricky's Eileen used to beat me? Who thinks that Tricky can beat me now?

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm the best player in the UK. The best player in Europe. This is not up for debate. The sooner people accept this the better.

90% of American players would get destroyed by the run of the mill european players.

You're all bad.

Hype.

Ylyon, Chibiaya, Sozos and 2 others like this.
  3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Kamais_Ookin vs. SNAKE BOSS (BlackBeltSpartan)​
    FT10 STREAMED PSN​
    Streamer: (pending)​
    Date: (Pending)​
    This will be a TIGHT FT10, with many character switches, mind games, and skills displayed. You can't miss this guys, THE FT10 of the year.​
    SNAKE BOSS is top 3 in the PSN rank leaderboards; the mighty stormlord. This is an incredible feat that even the top American players like GT and Rodney couldn't reach, let alone in the time-frame achieved by SNAKE BOSS. ​
    Hype.​

4. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  5. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I don't know who would win between Tricky and Tony TBH. I've never played Tony so I don't know how good he is in FS. I've played tricky a lot and he's pretty good, and I'm sure he's even better then when I last played him considering the offline practice he gets. He's limited by his character though, Eileen is no Brad lol. :D

Should be interesting fights, and I look forward to watching their FT10.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I agree with this. Not impressed at all by the yanks or canadians. I'll be back next year to body you all. Seidon, your ass is grass come hypespotting mate. You have until march .

7. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!

Jide and tonyfamilia like this.
  8. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Think? Son, i KNOW i am. It's on. drag some other scots out as well. it wouldn't be fair if you're the only one to suffer in this way.

Jide, tonyfamilia and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    This is for real....

Come get some!

Jide likes this.
  10. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    CHALLENGE TO AKAI FT10
    If I win, I get 6 month ban immunity. If you win, I will be banned for 6 months. Do you have the balls? Do you have... the HYPE?
    [​IMG]

Bilal, tonyfamilia and Chibiaya like this.
  11. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    now that would be a seriously hype match...

Kamais_Ookin, tonyfamilia and Tricky like this.
  12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    There is and can not be such a thing as ban immunity. The Ban hammer is unblockable. And like Mjolnir, can be welded by any who are worthy.

Just because akai won't ban you, doesn't mean i won't. ;)

Since you can't block the ban hammer, it's best to avoid it. This can be done with proper spacing (from incidents that don't involve you) and evading to the direction of non rule breaking. These are the only ways. It's a floor scraping mid so wonky hitboxes won't save you.

Chefboy_OB, Jide, Plague and 7 others like this.
  13. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Where some see limits I see potential. Get ready for a good show.

Chanchai likes this.
  14. tonyfamilia

You're limited by your ego...

15. tonyfamilia

... say your prayers...
    ... thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil!
    Come and get one in the yarbles... if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

16. Tricky

Save it for the fight.

17. tonyfamilia

Save yourself while you still can...

18. Tricky

When I'm done with you, you're not going to want to crawl out of you hole again. Ego will be destroyed.

19. tonyfamilia

You will cry,
    Monkey girl tears will flow/
    But 8 limbs will spin
    And no mercy will they show

I ripped you apart when we sparred,
    And I did it carelessly, with a smile/
    No more sparing of your ego,
    Spare the rod, spoil the child

20. Ylyon

Ylyon Well-Known Member