1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hyper Street Fighter Original Guile bug exclusive!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by RandomHajile, Apr 19, 2004.

1. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

Respect to Jerico/Michael for finding it before the japs:)
    basicly from invisable/magic throw range you can do an unblockable sonic boom with ANY punch and kick at the same time!!!
    there are other gliches that i know of that i'll put on a faq soon(sonic boom with kick anyone?)
    , anyways respect to him again for finding it:)

2. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Wait hold on...isn't magic throw range anywhere on the screen?

3. RandomHajile

no, its about spinning piledriver range
    it depends on what version of WW u play, the most comon is the 14th of feb version (2nd WW version)
    i think it hits as its like youve thrown them, with out throwing them, so the sonic boom with kick hits them!!!

4. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Does this bug work in the us version? Please put up a link to any faqs about this game. Thanks much /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. RandomHajile

donno if it works on the usa version, it was the last version to hit the street right?

i know for a fact it works on the jap and uk version

i dont know of any faqs yet, im still working on mine:)

anyways just try it, its easy:)

summing thats more teef is ground throwing ANYONE when they are in the air!!!
    yes thats right, just as soon as they are in the air, or just b4 they land you can throw them:)

6. Aoimaster

Actually on another note, capcom should have also released the hacked version of street fighter 2, the "Rainbow Edition". /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Lol u'd think after so many re releases of the old street fighter games, they'd fix the bugs by now.

I still remember the fake nightmare edition back in the days on the arcades. Bare jokes that was.

8. RandomHajile

just to let you know, this version has ALL NEW bugs, non of the old bugs work, so they did take them out, but didnt play test for other bugs,

regarding fucked up streetfighters, i used to kain every one in funland/troc back in the day, they was the 1st to have "black belt/accelerator" edition on sit down 50inch rear projection:)

9. Aoimaster

Its cool to see some street fighter fans. So whats your guys favorite fighter in 3rd strike, and combo? /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Aoimaster

Ok, I have a question, I've been playing Makoto, and I really cant figure out the uppercut punch [6][2][3][P]. Can anyone tell me the hit properties for this move, I can barely make it hit /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    sorry i don't know the properties on the move.... but I have been playing third strike for about 3 years+.... I never see anyone use this move... it's only used in combos... If by chance it is used, it's usually an accident or they use the EX version([6][2][3]+[P][P]). I don't think you really need to know the properies for this move... It's more how and when you use this move... Try using it when someone tries to cross you up. There directly overhead at that point. Which is what the move is for. The EX version has a wider range and recovers faster, so you might want to use that instead. Hope that helps!

Also, Brady Games just released a very good Street Fighter Bible. Has everything you could ever want to know right from the big dogs themselves. i.e. John Choi, Mike Watson, etc!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=831534

I picked one up /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It comes with a Third Strike soundtrack as well.

12. Aoimaster

Hey, thanks for the info, I knew it was to get out of crossups, but I just wanted to know if you can actually hit someone who is standing, I've been able to do it, but I guess is just a bug or something. I kinda recently started playing 3rd strike again, I havent played since my dreamcast days. Does that book have any good strategies, or is it a starter book ? I guess I'll pick it up for the soundtrack though /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

I know there are certain wakeup reversals that people use that it will trade with...only one I know for sure is Chun's EX SBK.

The use of this move outside of SA2 combos is to get it to trade with certain moves that have big hitboxes...the EX version does 50% stun. So along with Makoto's already strong stun damage, you can potentially end the match when you hit with it.

14. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Hi there. As Konjou-A mentioned, this is one hella sweet little Guide. It's definitely useful for advanced players, particularly the 3s part. it contains advanced strategies and setup individually tailored for all charas, such as ublockable Aegis Reflector set-ups for Urien etc. It is worth every penny.

And the soundtrack is pretty sweet, too. Particularly the last "track" which contains all the samples from the game (from Ryu's "Hadoken" to the final "We await your return, warrior") I expect to hear those samples in a lot of home-produced trax.

15. jerichompm

jerichompm Well-Known Member

wow i only come on this site once in a while but i did not realise that next mans was thanking me for finding such crazy stuff i did not think it would have come to vf.net

but thankyou people for mentioning me

R.I.P. ally baby u can dance as much as u like[4_]

16. Aoimaster

Thank you guys for all the input. I started useing the ex version of the move, and it does alot of stun damage. I finally Finished the game with A+ ranking with her, Thanks for all the help /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif