1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hypespotting 2012

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Seidon, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
    Here is the matches for all who missed it or simply just want to see it again.

2. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Got absolutely beasted and didn't make it out of pools, but I actually wasn't the only VF beginner there, which was cool, so I did manage to win three matches. I got to play Ryan, Manji, Marly and Jide and had a lot of fun even if I did get bodied hard! Maybe next time :p

3. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Grats to everyone who placed and well done to all who made the event. It was expected that VF would get very little stream time but the matches where very good. And I got shoutouts! thanks for that [​IMG]

Anyone get a chance to speak to Ryan about FS? having someone like him play it is bound to draw in a few more players.

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I didn't, but i think it's a given he will play if there are events for the game going on. He plays pretty much everything and seems to enjoy VF.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'll do a little write up of the event when I'm on a computer. Can't do it on a Wii!

Great weekend though [​IMG] Thanks to everyone who came!

6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Everyone who attended is a champion in my eyes *cough darth*. Thanks for putting up a great show and showcasing VF! [​IMG]

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    It was an awesome event, I wish I could have given better show for the stream. I want to thank Affro, hypespotting organisers, Seidon, and everyone who was there for this memorable tournament. I also want to thank VFDC for voting VF there in the first place. [​IMG]

Ill try to upload stuff to youtube during the next couple days.

Maybe Ill also do a bit longer writeup later.

ps. I dont want to watch my losers final match with Jide..

8. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I must say top effort to Seidon for pushing so hard to get VF on the bill and running the campaign he did. It was nice to see/meet you guys and jolly nice to play some offline VF.

9. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    Thanks for playing, everyone. I sure did learn a hell of a lot more during tournament and casuals. I think I did improve in VF. This could potentially help with my Tekken and SC game.

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Nice that you liked it unclekitchener and MDog. Offline is a different world from online and tournament play is a different world from casuals. This event should be a valuable experience.

Ill try to piece together how the VF tournament went, but Im not completely sure who fought who, so if you want to fill in, please do.

Group A:
    Prodigalson (Ryan Hart)
    Marlyjay
    Manjimaru
    Jide
    5 other people

group B:
    B_Feck
    Animalstaccato (Borisofwales)
    Ash Kaiser
    Zeextremekid (Zeroex)
    Seidon
    4-5 other people.

Prodigalson, Marly, myself and Jide continue from group A.
    - I know I won everyone except Ryan and Marly, Jide won everyone except me, Ryan beat everyone except Jide, Marly beat everyone except Jide and Ryan;

Feck, Animalstaccato, Zeextremekid, Seidon continue from group B. I dont know the particulars.

The first round of double elimination bracket looked like this:
    Jide vs Zeextremekid 1-0
    Prodigalson vs Animalstaccato 1-0
    MarlyJay vs Seidon 1-0
    Manjimaru vs Feck 0-1

Losers bracket round 1:
    Manjimaru vs Animalstaccato 1-0 (I have a tendency to bomb against Lion players, Im happy it didnt happen this time)
    Seidon vs Zeextremekid 1-0

winners bracket round 2:
    prodigalson vs Feck 1-0
    Jide vs Marly 1-0

Losers bracket round 2:
    Manjimaru vs MarlyJay 1-0
    Seidon vs Feck 0-1

Losers bracket round 3:
    Manjimaru vs Feck 1-0

Winners final:
    Prodigalson vs Jide 1-0

losers final:
    Jide vs Manjimaru 1-0

Grand final:
    Prodigalson vs Jide 1-0

Did I get it right? [​IMG]
    I only marked wins and losses cause I wasnt sure about individual match results.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    couple pics I snatched from hypespotting facebook gallery:

From left: Seidon, me, Marly, Jide, Ryan, ZeroEx, Ash Kaiser, Feck, Unclekitchener
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Gay pose for days.

Hannah and I have a bunch to upload too.

My chinos got some iron man on them after Saturday. D:

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'm not to sure how the group B matches went either, I know I won all my games in the group but the rest is a blur. Ash and a few others kept an eye on the individual matches so maybe they remember it more clearly.

Ryan deserved the win imo, he played fairly simply but his game was pretty tight. I'm sure I could have put him into losers if my nerves didn't get the better of me, I went into the match really confident because i'd been watching his games and noticed he was doing [2][P] out of disadvantage a lot and that pretty much no one could throw him all weekend because of him playing abare all the time, I thought I could capitalise on that by just using simple stuff like [2][P] and elbows.

I won the first match pretty easily but then the matches just got strange, there were some <span style="text-decoration: line-through">hilarious</span> weird ring out shenanigans (thanks to Marly for the 3p+g > light pounce tip [​IMG] ) and it started to kick in who I was playing against, I dropped a combo late in the second match that would have kept me in but after that my game went to shit.

Looking back on it, I think the groups and brackets could have been organised a little better, Marly, Brian and Tym were doing much better in the casuals so if the brackets had been better organised then the whole top 8 could have looked totally different.

Was really nice to meet some of the players, Boris, Manji and Marly are the kind of people you'd like to have as friends in real life and it was good to see Seidon, Ash, ZeroEX and Jide again. We had quite a few new players there too, I didn't get the chance to play some of them but I could tell they'd learnt more about the game from the games they did get in.

Edit: Have to give a shout out to Seidon's girlfriend for being my smoking partner for most of the weekend [​IMG]

14. AnimalStaccato

LMAO smoking partner. Personally I'm looking forward to the next euro tourney, whenever that may be. Me and Marly had some epic chats late at night. I like how I'm basically an invisible ninja and not in any of the hypespotting photos.

15. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I wondered why you weren't in the pics, pretty sure you was around after the finals. I tried to hide behind Ash in the group pic but I failed [​IMG]

16. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I have a video of you buying a pint though. Unfortunately Im having trouble editing my videos (AVCHD format giving me trouble) so it will take a while before I can upload them.

17. AnimalStaccato

Should be worth the wait, it sounds highly VF related [​IMG]

18. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I have pictures of you, man! [​IMG]

19. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

I. never knew you guys were dark skined'ers

20. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    Uploading Hypespotting Group B vids.
    Should all be on my channel by the end of today.