1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I am going to China

Discussion in 'General' started by FatalRose, Mar 2, 2010.

1. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

Almost for sure I am leaving this Saturday. I will be staying in China for about a year working and training.

Is VF5R/VF5FS in China? If so can I buy a machine and ship it back to the states? Please hook it up with any info you guys have, even if I have to order it from Japan and have it sent to China then sent to the US it's fine. I just want it sooooo bad.

I will keep all of you posted on everything.

2. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

VF5R/FS isn't available to play outside of Japan. I don't think there's a way to buy and export VF5R/FS from Japan. China has a few VF5 version B machines scattered around Shanghai. Beijing used to have some VF5 version B machines, but I'm not sure if the local arcades still have it there. Not many people gather to play offline these days. Check with Pushku and London BK. They are two members of VFDC that are also in China.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    WOW! Good luck in China, my friend.

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I dont think there is ANY arcades in China, and in addition most internet services like youtube are filtered out. GL my friend, see you when you get back..

5. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

What? China has arcades. Some of the biggest international distributors for arcade machines are in China. I've purchased VF4FT, 3S, ST boards, and some used cabinets all from Chinese arcade vendors.

If you get lucky you might find arcades with VF4,EVO,FT or even VF5 version B setups in China.

6. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

What part of China are you staying at? Because if your staying in Beijing, the Viva Plaza in Shuangjing has arcades(Under the UME Cinema I believe)Chaoyang, is another district in Beijing(Very popular as well)has arcades In the Wanda Plaza. You could also checkout the shopping centers in Wangfujing and Wudaokou(U Center Mall). Of course this are all in Beijing.

7. Dobi

Dobi Well-Known Member

XiDan has VF5. ZhongGuanCun might have either VF5 or FT. An arcade in ChaoYangMen also has VF5. These are all in Beijing.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

9. ShinobiFist

Zhong Guan Cun is a awesome place to go and beautiful as well. You find great deals on electronics over there.

10. FatalRose

This is it! I am boarding the plane today! Pray that I have a safe flight please.

I will keep all of you updated with everything.

11. FatalRose

Actually I am going tomorrow, l0l. Sorry about that.

12. Indroo

Indroo Member

Good luck man [​IMG]. China must be amazing have to try and go one day.

13. ShinobiFist

You still haven't said where the hell in China you're going to.

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I don't think he knows. He's probably doing the next Survivor reality show. They'll just push him out the plane in some random location. The goal is to get back to the US within a year.

15. Indroo

Indroo Member

Hahahahaha

16. ShinobiFist

Thread/ LOL!

17. FatalRose

BianCheng High School
    Hua yuan County 416400
    HuNan Province
    湖南省花垣县边城高级中学 416400

My exact location.

18. FatalRose

Life is so simple here.

So who's coming to visit me? ;-)

I have two empty rooms.

19. ShinobiFist

Be sure to checkout the Xiang River in Changsha(You shouldn't be that far from it)at night. The view there is awesome. The "Tongcheng Plaza"(0731-8851108)has arcades in the 4th floor I believe. Apollo Plaza(0731-2286886) and Wangfujing Department(0731-4892666) I know theres more in the city, but that's all I can remember.

20. FatalRose

Thanks for the info. Changsha is really nice.