1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I am - not - a lag-player

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Ellis, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    even if the delay is slight, it's still a delay and that means something in games designed around small differences in frame windows. online vf is a beast all its own, sad but true. i hate to say it, but if it's too bad for your tastes, don't play it online. i still play sometimes until i get sick of eating from-crouch attacks after blocked low punches.

EDIT: find people to play offline if you can, otherwise don't take it too seriously

ToyDingo and EvenPit like this.
  2. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    This is my view. Online may not be pure, frame-perfect VF but it's still a great fighting game that you can accept on its own terms and enjoy. Obviously if you are not prepared to accept the drawbacks then stick to offline. But people shouldn't sh*t on those that are prepared to accept it and have fun.

ToyDingo and PoisonKid13 like this.
  3. Optimus_Cack

Optimus_Cack Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SquareNinja
    i wouldn't go that far

4. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  5. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    who say that? Lagbertine? lol

IcKY99 likes this.
  6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    You say that, on the first page, MakiLagSushi:

IcKY99 likes this.
  7. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I m not talkin about me but about the "I am not" from libertine...

IcKY99 likes this.
  8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Oh, you should have quoted that instead then if that is what you wanted to talk about. I agree with you, though.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  9. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I think it is time to wrap this thread up.

I got the "stones of my chest", and got to vent and clear my air a bit.

I appreciate all the feedback, both those that understod my point and supported me,
    and those who understood my point and did not agree fully.

There has been quite a few posts that seems to not have much to do with my original post and the the point behind my reasoning - But it is not a new thing to have "tl;dr"-based replies on the internet either, sometimes people do not have the drive to read, and prefer being all output when they see a word or phrase they get passionate about somehow.

In any way, i thank everyone for their support and/or their argumentation,
    And as a reply to someone lost in the labyrinths of this tricky subject matter;

Yes, it seems like people ARE playing me, and ARE drawing their own conclusions
    of whether or not i "abuse lag to win" - and i am very happy for their support ;)

(Yes, most of my offline experience are either some few bouts with friends,
    or of course the special sparring, dojo and licence challenge modes)

I wish everyone a great next year with this game, and i will just keep on as i have:
    Improving as much as i can, winning and loosing, and always be a good sport about it
    - i neither feel the need to brag or whine about that.

We can all haz peace?!

/PReP

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    IcKY99 likes this.