1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I am sorry, but you have to realize. . .

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Hyun, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

But...you don't have a point. All you're doing is trolling for the sake of trolling. You can make the most revolting insult involving me, a dog, felching, and shum, and I couldn't care less. Go nuts, I don't give a shit. You're just an epileptic monkey in a cage trying to fling poo at some people having a [not necessarily civilized] conversation, and you're not hitting them. It's just splattering on the ground.

2. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

you finally figured that out.
    I never have a point in addressing your posts.
    And you swear and call people names for the sake of being a frustrated bitch who can't control himself. so how are we different. we do it because we can.
    that 's my point.
    I don't even mean to insult you. I don't go into your territory of insulting people. i'm merely making myself accessible to your insults before anyone else on this site. I'm their bitch remember. I'd like to be yours, so please make me one day.
    and i'm only flinging poo at you , no one else, not even Hyun , who's gripe it is in the first place.
    You threw in your 2 cents when it was only between hyun and company. I threw, i mean, flung useless poo, in your conversation.

lick-stino

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ROTFLOL!!

dude, what is up with all this fag references
    from almost EVERY post you make? so you're gay,
    and thas "ok" and all but, please, dont go on
    detail about your fantasies LOL. mike wont have
    to delete your posts. besides, its fucking gross.
    (you gotta understand, from a hetereosexual point
    of view). no offence.

lol

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    About your post

MADrox,

On more than one occasion now you've brought up the fact that I once deleted a post of yours. And I'd like to emphasise the fact that it was one post. I have never kicked you, nor have I ever banned you, so I'm asking you to please stop making out as if I have in the past, or that I'm on some crusade to shut you down. I deleted that one post of yours for a valid reason, and I immediately sent you a PM explaining why. I would have hoped that you could have replied to me via PM if it was still a problem for you. But, there was no reply, so I assumed everything was understood.

Now lately you've chosen to bitch and whine about it here in the open, making out as if I'm on your case. And the simple truth is, I'm not. So get over it already. I've deleted other people's posts before, and I imagine I'll have to repeat this unfortunate task in the future, but I always extend some amount of courtesy, especially when I feel it's due, to the poster with a PM explaining my actions.

You are not a special case (although you might like to think so), but I'll just repeat it here for your benefit: if you want to discuss sexual preferences, likes, and behaviours in a public forum, then vfdc is not the place to do it.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don`t know who exactly I`m responding to, but I figure if it`s posted as reply to Mr. Bungle everyone will read it, heh.

RE: Hyun and Creed. Hyun and Creed was not part of the VF3 community. Maybe they visited VFDC covertly and didn`t decide to post until recently, but as far as I`m concerned, they weren`t part of that community. In that sense, they really have no right to say anything about VFDC in the past. They can make a statement based on this point of time, fine, but I can do the same about other sites. I.e. I don`t care how THOVF was in the beginning, but my opinion of it now is just as valid as Hyun`s and Creed`s opinion of VFDC now. In any case, I wish I never brought THOVF up as it may seem like I have something against in when in fact I loved the site. As for the VF3 skill thing...that`s something general. You just naturally respect the opinion of someone who`s really good at what you`re talking about rather than someone who`s not, all things equal.

RE: Membership thingie program. My God, this is a new level of mud slinging. I was 17 and trying to figure out a way to support hosting costs and a way to get people to want to contribute, and I thought that membership thing could`ve done it. Not so off-the-wall now that other sites are doing it eh?

RE: VFA. Rich, I find it ironic that you accused me of trying to take credit for what other people did for VFDC, when you`re hawking the material in VFA as though it`s something you can authorize other people to use or no to use. Isn`t most, if not all, the information in VFA already public? WTH are you talking about, you wish you never made it public?! Whatever man.

RE: Material to be uploaded.

You`d think the normal process would be something like: Please upload this stuff. Upload this stuff. Upload it damn it! He won`t upload it. Whotta snot.

With Rich it`s more like: ............!"#%$"#&#$'')#%&"%$!$%!$!"&$#"&#!$ Why won`t you "#$%#$'!"#$#&%'$("#$%"#$%"#% upload this "#$%#$'$%&("$#%"% what you want to integrate it into the site`s design #$%&%'("$%"#$%"#$%"$%"#', etc. I.e. the first time I remembered him "asking" me to upload anything aside from his TFT list it was as vitriol...it wasn`t as much inquiring or suggesting but lacing criticism with profanity. Hmmm, well, maybe that`s why I remembered it, but then again, maybe not.

And to clarify the TFT combo list thing AGAIN...Rich sent me it to me and asked me to upload it ONCE. Never talked about it again. Popped up one day about two months later (I think) and bitched like crazy. That was the flamewar. I put the list up right away, because back then I actually cared what Rich thought. STILL giving me shit about it today. Some people can`t learn to let go.

The saddest thing of all is the number of replies and views this pathetic thread got. There`s a kick ass game just recently making way into arcades here in the U.S., and people would rather talk shit about the past, slinging mud, calling names, all the usual stuff, rather than talking about the game.

I would personally rather talk VF4, but hell, it`s not like anyone`s here to play the damn game.

6. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: To quote Rodney King...

... "Can't we all just get along?"

Flameage like this is one of the reasons I quit VF3 on 1 January 1997 (IIRC), and never touched any VF3tb.

And FYI, as of today, I've played VF4 for a glorious total of four times only. (-_-;)

7. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

Hyun and Creed was not part of the VF3 community. Maybe they visited VFDC covertly and didn`t decide to post until recently, but as far as I`m concerned, they weren`t part of that community

...but are you even qualified to say who is/was part of the VF3 community? i've been here as a regular poster for 2 years, and only the other day you talked as if you had no idea who i was/am :p

8. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Re: To quote Rodney King...

"Flameage like this is one of the reasons I quit VF3 on 1 January 1997 (IIRC), and never touched any VF3tb.
    And FYI, as of today, I've played VF4 for a glorious total of four times only. (-_-;)"

Not trying to diss you or somehing, but what has online flame wars got to do with playing VF?
    Go play VF, its fun!

9. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: The truth

Back then, it wasn't fun when some friends (not some faceless user names in the newsgroups) became angry and were upset with each other for weeks, over a stupid video game called VF3. Forced to listen to the antagonists' gripes about each other just turned me off (I didn't and don't have much of what one would call "patience") and I quit VF3. Kilo mike alpha. And as I recently said to GLC, I'm following right behind him and quitting VF4 too. So long, and thanks for all the fishes. And if the masters of VFDC and VP.com really reform and restructure their sites, then jolly good for them.

Now, I only want to know who are Aoi and Pai's voice actresses?

10. Mr. Bungle

> Hyun and Creed. Hyun and Creed was not part of the VF3 community.

WTF? They played they game, they talked about it for years, they travelled hundreds of miles to play people. If that doesn't count for some level of involvement, I don't know what does. Aannnd Creed wrote Jacky, Akira, Aoi guides, a Dural movelist and combo guide, and a throw faq - all for VF3. You even hosted most of these documents on the old VFDC. And somehow, you have the gall to say this? *You* don't get to determine who is part of what community, you pompous fuck (and, like GE said, it's pretty much impossible to call it a community now).

> but my opinion of it now is just as valid as Hyun`s and Creed`s opinion of VFDC now.

It's valid like someone's opinion of a movie he only saw five minutes of. It doesn't WORK, you goddamn flake!

> hawking the material in VFA as though it`s something you can authorize other people to use or no to use.

I repeat, once again, for the benefit of retarded assholes like you - I only requested my own and GLC's stuff to be taken down, because I control them. And that I regret the stuff that I worked to find, collect, and organize - all of the text and other stuff, will be showing up on your site. UNDERSTAND, JEFF? Wipe the drool away and say YES or NO.

> The saddest thing of all is the number of replies and views this pathetic thread got

For many, your justification and rationalization of your twisted views and statements are the saddest of all. Really pathetic.

11. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I guess I have to agree/disagree with your statement about being a part of the VF3 community. Creed, Hyun, along with others like Mutant, Tellure etc. were all a part of the VF3 community during its mainstay. I think what you are trying to say is that they never stayed with the game right till the very end like (Myke, Rich, you, me , Adam, Hiro, Sal etc.)

Also I agree that your natural instinct is to trust/respect those who are very good at the game and to assume that they are more part of the community but this isn't always true. Most people, for instance Creed, have much more knowledge about the game than either of us do, but simply dont have access to play the game or competition to become better at the game. They do however continue to strive to be part of the community. Once all the information is out though, we end up talking about gatherings/tournaments and ultimately testing our abilities against one another (this was probably the last 2 to 2 1/2 years of VF3tb's lifespan).

"You`d think the normal process would be something like: Please upload this stuff. Upload this stuff. Upload it damn it! He won`t upload it. Whotta snot.

With Rich it`s more like: ............!"#%$"#&#$'')#%&"%$!$%!$!"&$#"&#!$ Why won`t you "#$%#$'!"#$#&%'$("#$%"#$%"#% upload this "#$%#$'$%&("$#%"% what you want to integrate it into the site`s design #$%&%'("$%"#$%"#$%"$%"#', etc. I.e. the first time I remembered him "asking" me to upload anything aside from his TFT list it was as vitriol...it wasn`t as much inquiring or suggesting but lacing criticism with profanity. Hmmm, well, maybe that`s why I remembered it, but then again, maybe not."

About this, I agree with you there, sometimes its about rich's style of posts. I mean if I write something he disgree's with, he replied almost from day one with a whole bunch of profanity. If he asked what I meant more politely our conversations would take a whole different path and the conversation would have a much different tone instead of sounding like a flame war.

CrewNYC

12. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Re: About your post

Myke,

Well, i'd like to know, for clarification , what this forum is for?
    is it for anything related to VF ??? or just VF gameplay??
    I'm just used to being very open, and I'm sorry that when I play VF at home or in public, I don't think or do the same things as anyone else. I seriously get these thoughts and ideas as i play. so , knowing that I am one person , I'm sure there definately has to be other VF players who share these ideas.
    I merely suggest that if I had posted all of my VF thoughts and how they are directly related to my personal thougths, that they would be deleted every single time. so in essense, it is true.
    Sorry, won't give that notion again,

MR. BUNGLE,
    After taking my exam today, i'm all calmed down after getting my butt kicked. sorry , took out my frustations on you,
    I do take back everyhing I said. You can still do me , or to punish me , i'll do you instead.
    let me know,

sorry again, to everyone,
    last one of these,

dike-stino

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

RE: VFA, here we go, arguing semantics again with profanity. But I rest my case.

RE: VF3 community. Very true, I apologize for my premature comments; Andy hit it right on the head. I don`t remember Hyun or Creed for the last 2-3 years of VF3`s life aside from Hyun attending a gathering, which was why I was under the impression they weren`t part of the community. They were there in the beginning, along with a lot of other people. And I don`t know if it`s just me, but it bothers the hell out of me when Creed tells me in a very condescending tone that SE -> DP is always escapable and claims to have tested it when...hmmm, it`s not. I guess that`s my whole reason for bringing the skill thing up, sorry if it opened a new can of worms that I`m not enthusiastic to get into.

RE: Credit. Out of everything here, this disturbs me the most. I always thought I was the kind of guy good at giving people due credit. Maybe I have the wrong impression of myself though. Where do you see me claiming credit? Or could this be another typical Rich attempt to create trouble and make more people -gasp- hate me?

RE: Rich. Rich, get a grip, it`s only a game and I`m only some guy you`ve met a few times. Is it worth all this emotional stress?

RE: UK-Guy, UK-Kid, aaaah! J/K of course I know who you are man. Great Kage FAQ by the way, and searching for your Kage posts helped me a lot in terms of getting a head start on the ninja.

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

RE: UK-Guy, UK-Kid, aaaah! J/K of course I know who you are man. Great Kage FAQ by the way, and searching for your Kage posts helped me a lot in terms of getting a head start on the ninja.

Unless I'm misreading your post, Jeff, you're still referring to Mo (UKGuy) and not Phil (uk_kid). UKGuy posted all the good stuff about VF4 Kage.

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

LOL, I wish I could say I did it on purpose for comedic reasons but...I`m terrible with names. Will never forget a face though.

16. Mr. Bungle

**I don`t remember Hyun or Creed for the last 2-3 years of VF3`s life aside from Hyun attending a gathering**

Who do you think you are, god? VF3 itself? Do you have to have seen or known someone to acknoweldge them as VF3 players? Is it within your grasp to understand that gatherings and people have come and gone w/o you ever knowing of them? Jesus you're arrogant. And not recognizing CreeD and Hyun shows just how out of the loop you've been.

**it bothers the hell out of me when Creed tells me in a very condescending tone that SE -> DP is always escapable and claims to have tested it when...hmmm, it`s not.**

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=15693&page=&view=&sb=&o=>Wrong, twit.</a>

"We actually tested this a long time ago. It's true. On DC VF3 crouch inching away avoids it no matter who you're using. Anyone who has a stick and a pad for a DC can test it yourself by holding D/F with your big toe after your f+P+G with the stick."

That's condescending? Please, dude. That is, by no stretch of even the most diseased and twisted perception (like yours), condescending. AAannnd you're conveniently forgetting that it's only guaranteed on the 1P side (if that's even true - yes yes I know some Japanese book says it, but they've been wrong before in too many places to count).

And regardless of whether CreeD was right or half-correct about some fucking dreamcast quirk or not, that's doesn't explain why you think you can make claims about his participation in the VF community. Face it, your lack of awareness is your own fucking fault. CreeD and Hyun weren't the ones who were out of the loop.

17. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Jeff, sometimes its not worth it to argue..and to everybody here: Get a gripe...this has gotten WAAAAAY out of hand for something that is supposed to be a recreational activity. If this was how I relaxed I think I would need a cardiologist! Lets go get drinks! :p

18. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

jesus christ, jeff! the way your mind works is pure comedy. 410 posts and counting...

19. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Josh, understand one thing, if it isn't your arguement - butt the fuck out. You've nothing to say. Just because your observing doesn't give you the right to add any of your "2 cents" worth when you've no place in the arguement.

20. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

OK, you want my two cents - here. I think that in the heat of all this passion, most people have forgotten that this is not a commercial site, and those people who lead hectic lives are really trying to make a difference by just running this place...and sometimes people who must resort to verbal attacks, such as yourself Jerky, or whoever you are, debase this place by your profanity and lack of information on those whom you even persume to attack - debase this entire board and insults those of us who actually care about the community.