I Could Really Use Help With Lion (me Newb)

Discussion in 'Lion' started by dawz09, Mar 24, 2002.

1. dawz09

dawz09 New Member

I'm having trouble making up combos for lion. i looked at the lion combo thing on discussion but got really confused. i was wondering if anyone could post some good lion combos for me? thanks

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

it helps to view the movie files of gameplay by good players (eg. Chibita ...) Can download them under the media section.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Check out the Lion Dojo: <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=lion&file=ice9_lion_combos.html>http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=lion&file=ice9_lion_combos.html</a>. The guide, unfortunately, is incomplete in terms of criteria.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I've found the thing that really improved my game was one of the throws. Sorry, I don't know names in English unfortuantely. But, hold down (not sure how long -- half a second or so) then forward and P+G -- you'll do a back flip, and if you immediately hit ff K, then you'll do quite a bit of damage.

6. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Another Thing you can do after the Kickflip throw (D,df P+G)
    besides the f,f K K is b,f K+G ; Pounce. It Takes off loads more damage than just the Double Jumping Kick. It took me a few to get the timing down, but once its down, its like riding a bike.

7. blurp

blurp Member

sup everyone. say the pounce thing doesnt work for me for some reason. i've been timing it to hit as a regular puonce, as in wait until they hit the ground then do b,f k+g. hm...was i suppose to time it as a juggle hit? thx for helping =)

8. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

do it ASAP when u recover from the throw. Do not wait for the opponent to hit the floor...cause there are times when u realise the oppo is on the floor and by then, it will be too late to perform the input for the b,f+K+G..

9. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

dawz09 wrote:having trouble making up combos for lion... best place to start is the dojo here at VFDC. Then check out link through <font color=red>777</font color=red> link <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black> has kenji's Lion Combo machine linked toward the bottom of 777 link. Over 200 combos registered including many you will see in CreeD and FeixaQ VF4 ftp site ( go to Media section here and explore). Virtually every combo or string chibita enjoys is registered with comments. Many of favorites of: Jason Cha, ShinZ, kbcat, BigCat, FeixaQ, PeteUMass, CrewNY, Alan Tan and others will be found there too. (^^) Found through the Lion Dojo, the serious Lion students library. <font color=white> "Come On!"</font color=white> Here is a simple one that is fun:
    b,b+P+K->,K,K (turns your floating opponent face down!)->d+K,K and another that also pushes back a bit and is easy: b,b+K,P+K->K,K . Both do over 60 points damage. The first opens a treasure of upon rising attack options that are nerve racking for downed opponent. The throw mentioned: FC_f+P+G is also available from CD_f+P+G.

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The pounce is not guaranteed if the opponent tech rolls or quick rises, hence a lot of players will do ub+P when they attempt the pounce so that they get a hop away when the opponent tech rolls.

I think this particular technique was discussed long ago at Virtua Project, but it's a commonly known sequence. Very common to see in Lion videos from Japan and Korea.

In any case, I guess it's not too bad to have fc, f+P+G (it's f+P+G, not df+P+G) --> b,f+K+G --> ub+P (auto-select Pounce/Hop) reminded to people every now and then. As long as we're not reiterating every week or even month.

-Chanchai