1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I Could Really Use Help With Lion (me Newb)

Discussion in 'Lion' started by dawz09, Mar 24, 2002.

1. dawz09

dawz09 New Member

I'm having trouble making up combos for lion. i looked at the lion combo thing on discussion but got really confused. i was wondering if anyone could post some good lion combos for me? thanks

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

it helps to view the movie files of gameplay by good players (eg. Chibita ...) Can download them under the media section.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Check out the Lion Dojo: <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=lion&file=ice9_lion_combos.html>http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=lion&file=ice9_lion_combos.html</a>. The guide, unfortunately, is incomplete in terms of criteria.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I've found the thing that really improved my game was one of the throws. Sorry, I don't know names in English unfortuantely. But, hold down (not sure how long -- half a second or so) then forward and P+G -- you'll do a back flip, and if you immediately hit ff K, then you'll do quite a bit of damage.

6. MiKeY

MiKeY Active Member

Another Thing you can do after the Kickflip throw (D,df P+G)
    besides the f,f K K is b,f K+G ; Pounce. It Takes off loads more damage than just the Double Jumping Kick. It took me a few to get the timing down, but once its down, its like riding a bike.

7. blurp

blurp Member

sup everyone. say the pounce thing doesnt work for me for some reason. i've been timing it to hit as a regular puonce, as in wait until they hit the ground then do b,f k+g. hm...was i suppose to time it as a juggle hit? thx for helping =)

8. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

do it ASAP when u recover from the throw. Do not wait for the opponent to hit the floor...cause there are times when u realise the oppo is on the floor and by then, it will be too late to perform the input for the b,f+K+G..

9. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

dawz09 wrote:having trouble making up combos for lion... best place to start is the dojo here at VFDC. Then check out link through <font color=red>777</font color=red> link <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black> has kenji's Lion Combo machine linked toward the bottom of 777 link. Over 200 combos registered including many you will see in CreeD and FeixaQ VF4 ftp site ( go to Media section here and explore). Virtually every combo or string chibita enjoys is registered with comments. Many of favorites of: Jason Cha, ShinZ, kbcat, BigCat, FeixaQ, PeteUMass, CrewNY, Alan Tan and others will be found there too. (^^) Found through the Lion Dojo, the serious Lion students library. <font color=white> "Come On!"</font color=white> Here is a simple one that is fun:
    b,b+P+K->,K,K (turns your floating opponent face down!)->d+K,K and another that also pushes back a bit and is easy: b,b+K,P+K->K,K . Both do over 60 points damage. The first opens a treasure of upon rising attack options that are nerve racking for downed opponent. The throw mentioned: FC_f+P+G is also available from CD_f+P+G.

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The pounce is not guaranteed if the opponent tech rolls or quick rises, hence a lot of players will do ub+P when they attempt the pounce so that they get a hop away when the opponent tech rolls.

I think this particular technique was discussed long ago at Virtua Project, but it's a commonly known sequence. Very common to see in Lion videos from Japan and Korea.

In any case, I guess it's not too bad to have fc, f+P+G (it's f+P+G, not df+P+G) --> b,f+K+G --> ub+P (auto-select Pounce/Hop) reminded to people every now and then. As long as we're not reiterating every week or even month.

-Chanchai