1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I don't get it...

Discussion in 'Console' started by Squeak, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Squeak

Squeak Member

This is really starting to piss me off.

Here's the deal:

I play as two Sarah's. One Champion, the other 8th Dan, I play on Standard difficulty in Quest mode.

With the 8th Dan Sarah, I can take on anyone 10th Dan or lower, and win (I've only fought one fighter higher than 10th Dan thus far with her. I beat them numerous times. Pai was a Veteran rank).

With my Champion Sarah, it doesn't matter who I fight, I get my ass handed to me time and again! I just about nearly lost to a goddamn 5th Dan Shun!

What's the deal?! Why is it I can face anyone with the 8th Dan Sarah, but not with my Champion Sarah?!

ARGH!

Any ideas?

2. Vith_Dos

Vith_Dos Well-Known Member

to tell the truth, I run into the same problem. My card has like 6 champions on it but I find it very dificult to play with some of the characters I am raising. My Lion has a very hard time winning compared to my akira who pwns the ai let and right. Wonder what this is about.

3. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

I'd assume it has to do with the higher-ranked AI following more of a pattern. The AI plays a very frame based game up in high ranks, but the lower ranks will do more random stuff, and you start getting reverse nitaku'd and stuff.

Kinda like going from quest AI to arcade AI. Big change.

4. Malone

Malone New Member

I thought to add my experiences with same kind of a problem. I play Champion rated Akira and have sometimes great difficulties against surprisingly low ranked A.I. opponents, mostly fast, offensive characters, like Sarah, Lau, and Vanessa (that bitch is a nightmare!). But not at all against Champion rated Kage, who is supposed to be a quite tough guy, right? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    If anyone playing Akira has had same kind of experiences, I would appreciate if you could share your sorrows with me.

5. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

I kind of have the same problems, except that its a bit reversed for me. whenever i face kage i have some difficulty and sometimes i don't. but, the ones who really piss me off are sarah, lion, shun, and lei. these four characters just always somehow keep challenging me. even though i practice a lot against them i still have a hard time fighting them /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. Malone

Malone New Member

Yeah, Sarah can be quite an annoyance when playing with Akira, all I can say about tactics against her is not to try any big damage, slow attacks, just to poke her.
    That Flamingo stance is really infuriating!
    Against Lion I have had best results using lots of mid level attacks, try to float him and do mid-air combos, Yoho is a bit too slow, but knee works quite well /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif