1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I Don't Think I LIke High Level Virtua Fighter

Discussion in 'General' started by Shensun, Jul 17, 2021.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    There is no where to escape to and no reason to escape. We all are what we are. Whether online or offline. I have no shame. And without pride its not possible for me to get embarrassed. Of course I am a noob and a loser its all I could be in the eyes of a master such as yourself. I am Po, originator of the Dead Duck Broken Wing style of Kung Fu. I am the master of loss. No one has lost more matches in as spectacular manner as I have. I have fantastically lost many many thousands of matches. I've lost rounds with spectacle that cannot be matched.

I have been losing Virtua Fighter matches in amazing fashion for many many many seasons. I've lost count of the thousands of opponents that I have been defeated by. You would just be another blur as unremarkable as a single tear in the rain.

I've brought losing to an art form. In any match I dictate how I lose, under what circumstances I lose. I determine whether it will be loss by time out, or ring out. I determine whether the final blow that I receive from my opponent will be a throw, high attack, low attack. I've mastered loss to the extent that I can dictate which combos I will allow my opponent to defeat me by. I've achieved such excellence at losing that I determine the when, where, and how of each of my losses. If I don't want my opponent to defeat using combos, I will not lose any rounds in which my opponent used combos. If on any given day I don't want to be defeated by an Akira player, then I will force my opponent to switch characters in order to defeat me;) I have achieved absolute excellence in being defeated.

@mohamed_amervf5 when you have learned that there is no dishonor in defeat, but only dishonor in how you handle defeat then perhaps you might possibly be a worthy opponent.:cool:

These days I'm only interested in losing in the most astonishing , breath taking, fashion. I've grown tired and weary of ordinary,mundane, predictable, mediocre losses. I need to be amazed by my losses, and somehow I know you are simply not up to the task.

After you have lost your first 10,000 matches, then come see me. Because until you've lost at least 10,000 matches you are not at my level. You couldn't possibly be:meh:

I suggest you continue to chase ranks and play with people in your own category:whistle:

2. mohamed_amervf5

mohamed_amervf5 Active Member

seems idiot iam sorry , i told you before i will not read all of this , be alittle bit smarter tho

masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Yes, literacy and the ability to read for comprehension is both and acquired skill and an acquired taste.;)

Cheers!

4. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I do understand how to deal with 2p, having played a zillion matches since VF3. But I think the utility of the move is a design problem--one that is exacerbated by other problems with FS/US. And the issue with VF5 evade cancelling and LTE + fuzzy guarding isn't that it is so difficult. Rather, it's annoying and too useful for how easy it is. I'd prefer VF4 failed evades and multiple throw escapes. And VF4's smaller roster with fewer strings, more throw counterable moves, less magic property moves and/or silly shit...it was just much better. And yes, adding the power of 2p to the unknowable sets of strings is annoying, as is thinking of learning other char huge move lists so I too can know when to sneak in a cock punch.

Basically, there hasn't been a great VF game for a loooong time. So it goes...definitely a 1st World problem...

Gibon and ChiefGutti like this.
  5. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Every Strong Player that I know of which most are offline Wankers who said they hate this version or didn't get it at the start but once they figure it out & it made sense to them, you can play the person, not just playing the system & it's more mental also when both parties are on equal footing tech wise. in VF4 especially no & mean no one outside of JP was close to being efficient enough with the tech to compete even at a decent lvl since it took so long. Like Ryan Hart OK, mofo take what a month or something just to learn 1 tech & was just 1 OK these a video about this I forgot where!!!

This is just my opinion but I think it's a mental block for you & you don't have the time as well as need put in the effort to start over. All of us who loved VF4 had to start over is this guy @HotSauceNelly had to suck it up hard to get a handle on this version especially since he hasn't played since VF4 OFFLINE only, so you got nothing...

Look Happy if you were just another Poser I wouldn't even have brother & just let master pooper get his Otaku off.

No one here has the right to complain OK, if any of you had any idea of frustration I had to go through with AK, being online & trying my best to play this version to it's fullest potential since the start. & this has been said many times already about ES OK, argue all you want but it's still VF or don't play but you know you want to so Meh...

& I'm done with this thread GG...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  6. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Just offering my assessment of this version...obviously subjective so agree or disagree or whatever. I just happen to think that design-wise VFUS is a shadow of what the series should be in 2022. I believe AM2 made terrible choices...some of them with VF5, but they compounded them with FS. I'm sure I'll come back and play at some point when I am wanting play the closest thing to VF that I have available. Oh well. I am super busy, so not spending a bunch of time, say, learning all Shun's strings is a better life choice anyway. I do miss what the game used to be, but so it goes.

7. HotSauceNelly

HotSauceNelly Well-Known Member

I miss it too! Like Smurf said in his previous...my last VF was VF4Evo offline. To go from that to this is underwhelming to say the least but it is what it is.

8. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

If you are playing Lau, and you are fighting a low punch spammer, do Lau's [9][+][P] everytime over those annoying spamming low punches, and then juggle his tail to oblivion from there.

9. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

The highest level of play isnt more about dodging, footsies or combos.

What happens is that people stop auto-play, playing more frame tight, adapting on the go, and can fluidly switch between backdash,doding, just stand still, fastattacks, launchers, sweeps, depending on what the meta of for that rank or how they read the opponent. They do more reads as well as knowing when to duck or evade strings. At the highest levels, it becomre more about reading the opponent, be more fluid and adapting on the go, and be aware of the normal reaction in a certain circumstance, and knowing the counter strategy to that.

10. Yeah, higher level VF isn't easy. And if you aren't about improving and winning- being competitive- it's definitely not fun.
    In the quoted post I'd say you've hit your glass ceiling. It's a good time to quit or continue on.
    Copy the META tactics of your opponents to pick up their tricks & tactics. Apply, modify, rinse & repeat.
    It's a fighting game- that's just how it works. Especially against human opponents many of whom when it gets to nearly losing will apply & utilize the cheapest, dirtiest tactics available and known. "What Referee?" Lol

To empathize: I don't like losing & I don't like players who've mastered a string of switcheroo tactics to play with.
    So I'm trying to collect my own bag of tricks & dirty tactics too. All's fair in a fighting game.
    You gotta' get that revenge mentality & let the anger flow thru you. And never forget to stomp opponents when they're down!
    "GG"... and I hope your character enjoys the ride to hell- Bitch! (Try this as a "Win Quote" both mentally & verbally- feels great.)

11. Gibon

Gibon Well-Known Member

You're right on the money.

VF is - subtly, but more and more - becoming like Tekken. SEGA has no idea what to do with this series and just mimicks the most popular 3D fighter. VF is an afterthought these days, instead of leading the genre.

12. Dragonps

Dragonps Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ENGDragon83
    XBL:
    ENGDragon83
    Bruceleereally gif.gif

VF has one punch button, one kick button and a guard button. The last time I checked (so please correct me if I'm wrong) Tekken has two punch buttons and two kick buttons. It also has super moves and a floor break.

Both games feel very different from each other, I can play VF for a while but if I then play Tekken it takes me a long time to dumb it down.

Unfortunately I do agree with this, I don't think Sega has known what to do with the series for long time. Other fighting games have brought in cool new stuff and VF got left behind. I think Sega were troubled by pleasing new fans and old fans leaving or pleasing old fans and not attracting new players.

13. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'll say that sega has no idea or a clue, on what the heck to do sometimes. Part of that problem is their fault, and the other part, is the fault of outside influences of the wrong kind. And what makes it worse, is that both are unfortunately intertwined somehow.:confused::cry:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022