1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I fell. What's the best way to get up?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Cozby, Mar 27, 2008.

1. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Play Dead fuck it. Why risk getting up during a string? Catch your breath while your down there and take the cheap stomp once in a while. Doing this slows the battle down to let you acess the damages and take your opponent out of rhythm. I will ocassionally do this. Most good american players still don't respect a opponent lying on the floor. Japanese players i give credit to a certain extent cause they won't kick you while your down.They won't risk being cause up in a decision making moment because they're in rising kick range. they will back away as far as possible.

2. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Some'll would stomp you to death

3. SDS_Overfiend1

you really think i would stay there that long? Be for real.

Read the post again. I said that a cheap stomp compared to Nitaku
    to the battle down and disrupt his/her rhythm.

4. sakuyarules

sakuyarules Active Member

i play aoi, and since most people use the low rising kick, i can easily stop it and get a counter. it usually takes them 3-4 before they learn not to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. eiyujpn

eiyujpn Active Member

if its against noobstech rolling is best to avoid the inevitable pounces because they don't usually know how to punish tech rolls

against pros id rather stay on the ground and eat a ground attack because they will always aim for the tech roll to inflict more damage on the opponent just to down the opponent again and keep the momentum. if the opponent is using a ground throw character i will mix between techn and not.

As a brad player i love people who tech roll cus of slipping left K to clinch or LD KK/throw. I do more damage and get to keep the momentum because i down the opponent again. I get frustrated if they don't tech because i simply hate pouncin and ground attacks.

6. SDS_Overfiend1

Its because of players like you that i'll just eat a stomp. Especially When Brad gets in a groove and he's tracking you down counting everything you do its hard o get him off. A Tech roll only furthers the punishment lol!

7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Mr.T knows the answer...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahNfhUysehk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahNfhUysehk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

8. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Made my day... btw TREAT YO MAMMA RIGHT.

9. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Objective is to reduce the opponents life to zero before they do the same to you.

WTF does style have to do with it.
    Theres PROS,CONS and NEUTRAL points to consider for each of the rising options.

TechRoll
    P:
    - Avoid Combo Damage from bouncing
    - Considered succesful evade.
    C:
    - unable to rising attack
    - slight disadvantage
    - NEVER DO IF YOU FALL FACE-DOWN+HEAD-TOWARDS-OPP
    N:
    -considered crouching at first
    -CANNOT do if bounce against wall

Quick Rise
    P: Avoid bounce combo damage
    C:
    - Slight disadvantage
    - Can't rising kick
    N:
    - Considered standing.
    - CANNOT DO if bounce against wall

Rising Mid Kick
    Rising Low Kick
    :either in the same spot or roll to the side.
    P:
    -Circular Attack with a fifty chance Mid/Low
    C:
    - subject to pounce damage
    - can be defeated via:
    1)Crushing moves *20dmg+ moves*
    2)Moves with evasive properties: Hopping or ducking
    3) Massive disadvantage if guarded
    N:
    -Disadvantage if opponent knows you don't rising attack at all

DOWNED ATTACKING and POUNCING
    If the opponent misses a QR/TR oppurtunity then "they chose to not do it" or "messed it up". Why the fuck would you not pounce if the damage is guaranteed.

After certain throws and combos pouncing is possible at a risk.

Characters like Lion, Shun, Jacky, Sarah, Blaze: all have fast leaping pounces/Ground swipes. They are designed to encourage/discourage people to stay grounded or QR/TR.