1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

"I Gotta Bounce...My Girl's Waiting...." (Goodbye)

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Aug 20, 2009.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Well, not just my girl. It turns out that I got into the MBA program I wanted to get into - in Tokyo! So, I will be flying out tomorrow and will be studying there for 2 years. I'm super excited, but a bit anxious as well.

As much as it pains me to say this, I don't know if I'll be playing VF anymore. I've refused to let VF go for so long (15+ years!), but now it has reached critical mass. There are many things that I would like to (and need to) accomplish now, that I just don't know if I can spare any time. People who know me know that I can't play this game casually, sadly. I either play to be dominant, or I don't play at all. And to be a dominant player in Tokyo? Yeah, we all know what kind of commitment that requires - LOL.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that I've met & played over the years. You've given me some great memories, and y'all are a bunch of really decent guys. I've also made some really good friends the last few years - friends that I know will remain in my life!

If any of you are in Tokyo, I insist you hit me up! I may not feel like playing VF, but we can enjoy some ramen or go out drinking. My email is adnanr at gmail.com.

Wish me luck fellas. I'm about to handle my biz!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It's sad you won't have time for VF but the MBA program should be a more rewarding way to spend your time, congrats and good luck Adam [​IMG]

3. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Re: "I Gotta Bounce...My Girl's Waiting...." (Good

hahaha

Good shit man, do your thing. Life > VF. I was glad to have met you, and thanks for being a good host at NYG, and being a crazy VF player.

Good luck with everything you plan to accomplish!

4. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Congratulations man!

I wish you nothing but the best in your travels. I haven't known you for long, but it's been a real pleasure. I know if you put the same focus into this program as you do in VF you'll do a hell of a job. Hopefully our paths cross again sooner rather than later, but either way, something tells me that they certainly will!

Good luck out there! [​IMG]

5. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Good luck on your adventure, bro. I will be there at end of december around the 27th or 28th. Lets hook up for some ramen, drinks, karaoke, etc.. On the VF end of things, im in the same boat as you. I only play to be competitive and not much of a casual player so in that case i'd rather not play at all. I haven't touched VF since you guys left socal at the end of may and don't intend to be lured back in even if im in japan. :p

As much as I still love VF, like slide said, Life > VF.

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    This is a real trout-in-throat situation for me hahaha.

I LOVE YOU TOO MAN!

Kick ass as always. A what a foine ass you have chosen! You can't be waxing the same sloppy ass forever.

You have done so much for us, and more than you know for me. Do you have a limit!? Geez XD Keep rocking that cape and tights for us.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

sounds like everything is coming together for you Ad! good luck and go bravely, sir.

GE

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Good luck! Enjoy life!

I cant believe you can be in tokyo and completely stay out of VF, but Im hoping I could come to Tokyo in somewhat near future. Maybe we could meet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    As much as I still love VF, like slide said, Life > VF</div></div>
    But..but...I dont have life! [​IMG]

10. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    go LIFE GOOOOOOOO! [​IMG]

11. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Damn Adnan, I know exactly how you feel though. There are only so many hours in the day and only so many days in ones life. You gotta make the best out of them. I do hope that you find the time to play vf if you still enjoy it.
    Be sure to keep in touch hommie...it's been a helluva ride and only gets better!

12. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you do. Hope it's all good for you.

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Its only the beginning Adnan..We'll meet again Brother. Good luck don't stop in any arcades on your way to school lol!!

We alway talked about life catching up to us at a point we'll i guess its here now and turning no turning back. Keep in touch with me someway, somehow.

14. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

Congrats adam i hope you do well in japan and be safe my dude.
    Good times we had hanging out and chilling and playing VF man hope everything goes well over there [​IMG]

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    NYC peeps: Send off dinner tonight at Olive Tree for 10. [​IMG]

16. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

I don't know who will rep the US VF WCG team (if at all). It was crazy even to watch you. [​IMG]

17. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

18. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Hey Adnan... good to have met you and had so many fun times with you. Good luck in Tokyo!

19. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The VF4 evo gatherings in New York were some of the most memorable VF experience for me. Thanks for being a great host! Best wishes.

20. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

We haven't met before, but good luck with the mba program!

Too bad you won't be playing VF even casually though [​IMG]