1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I LOVE VF tourney in NY?!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by adamYUKI, Oct 28, 2003.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    DUCKS TO THE FLOOR

<font color="white">I come in peace!!! I swear!!</font> LOL

<font color="white">Kyasao:</font> One of the best Kage players on the planet. An EXTREMELY cool cat in real life.

<font color="white">Minami Akira:</font> Best Akira on the planet. 1st place at KS2 tourney. Nuff said, my niggas...

<font color="white">Heruru:</font> Easily among the top 3 Lei Fei players on tha planet. 2nd place at KS2 tourney. Awwww JEAH......

The above mentioned jiggaz have expressed interest in coming to play VF in NY at the end of November or the first week of December. Kyasao has grown quite fond of all the peeps he has met in the US, and wants Heruru and Minami to enjoy the company and hospitality that US players had extended him.

They will be coming here on a Monday and stay for 1 week. It would be great if we can have a 3-4 day VF event towards the end of the week with tournaments (single & team battle) being held on Saturday.

<font color="yellow">Tentative Dates: December 5 - 7 </font>

Andy and I are still recovering from the financial hit taken by financing the "private" event held in early September. (Our "trust fund" has dried up - LOL). So, in order to make this happen, attendees will be required to contribute funds. I think $25 per person is fair.

The event will be held in Manhattan most likely. Hotel prices are very high in the city, so i am working very hard on getting cheap rates for us. I may end up securing rooms at a hotel on the outskirts of Manhattan (by the East River overlooking the city). This hotel is also very close to where i live! I am trying to negotiate rates down to about $69 for a room with 2 beds per night. Of course, i will get as many 2-bedded rooms as possible - as 4 peeps to a room ends up being very affordable. There is a great chance that i can get a lot of rooms with 2 beds at the $69 rate.

This will most likely work just as FSB event did: Hotel rooms being configured for casual play on Thursday and Friday, and the main event on Saturday being held at a conference room.

To reiterate, please understand that Kyasao/Minami/Heruru have expressed great interest in coming. This event has the potential to be an amazing learning experience for attendees (if previous sponsorships of GREAT foreign players are any indication). Nothing is finalized yet. This event can only happen if the attendees help financially.

I really hope to see ALL CREWS at this event (cough - California - cough). /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Please let me know what you niggas think...

2. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Dawg!! Kyasao, Minami, Heruru...ooooh yeah!

My project in Hong Kong ends November 18. Assuming my visa takes 3 weeks to process (I've heard longer...gulp), that means I won't be able to leave until December 9-ish, and I probably won't be able to play until that weekend.

Are those guys still going to be there?

If the logistics work out, count me in; I can contribute a few $$$, no problem.

4. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Of course, I plan on being there and representing Kraft to the fullest. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

I'm definatley interested.... Although I think you should push it back around late dec/new years so Nam can show up too when he'll be home /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know you all have nothing better to do during that time than to play VF! (well, ok, maybe that's just me)...

The loft last time could have been a total disaster, though i think it worked out relatively well... a hotel would probably work out better for everyone though (ie those without air mattresses)...

-Alex

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I vote against late December...don't people need to spend time with their families over the holiday!

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

MMMM It would be MUCH better if the event is planned on the second week of december... I'm assuming many people will be having finals with school, as in my case. Don't have to change anything for one person though, but i'm going to suggest that the second week of december would be a much better time for many people.. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to make it.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Adam, I am there. Superg, I have pads for you buddy. Smurfy.....I have the dc all packed up and ready for you.

I too also hope that all the crews like so cal, nor-cal, texas and others can come as well.

9. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Ice-9 dude, speak for yourself. Besides if I'm going to suffer over the holidays, I rather it be VF than family anyday of the week. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I think there's a magic spell put on me that everytime there's an NYG, I go to Japan. I'll be in Japan from Nov. 17th to Dec. 8th, and after that I'll be just chilling, preparing to go home to Texas for the holiday.

I'll try to badger the other Cali players into going; since Kungfu Smurf seems to think LA Andy and I suck, maybe at least Andy can come show him what time it is. Kudos for making this an open event, and giving as much notice as possible.

Take care, and have fun. I'll be trying to meet up with Yamagishi, Sawatari, Neo Tower, Ohsu, Chibi, Nammy etc in Japan, doing a little East/West PR of my own /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Bryan

11. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Hi all, Ryan H here, I hope to be attending the event in NY. Reeeaaallly really late November or early Dec is best for me. Prolly be in Japan before or after then.
    Let me know full details when things are finalised Adam. PM me!

thanks

Ryan

12. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Again, I want to let it be known that I am sorry for any problems I have cause New York and I hope that we can put all our diffrences aside, and we all have fun at this event. I am saying this so that hopefully no one feels they have to Isolate themselves and not come to the event cause of my actions in the past. Building a good following for VF and have good tournament turnouts is more important than petty disputes online. So again, Im sorry and I hope everyone who can show up does.

With this being said, IM super excited about this event and bravo for adam for keeping the fire burning and striking when the iron is hot. I will be there not matter when it is, just please try not to put it too close to the holiday season. Adam let me know if you need help with anything. Get ready for some sick nasty wolf lol. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Wow, so is this puppy open to everyone or just the "tried and proven." I ask this because well me and my the cripp from Delaware have reinvested time into VF4:Evo.

What can we say, the game is good and we are re-addicted to it. There's a small chance our film crap we're doing may get in the way due to the date, but we'll contribute what we can if this is an open invite.

Sides last time I met you all you were pretty cool despite my ever present boisterous nature /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

UnCauzi
    (Sides everyone needs a good punching bag)

14. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    it's 500% COMPLETELY open to anyone. Bring you brother, uncle, sister if you want. But definitely bring your VF crew. They are all welcome! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Damn dawg, if you can push this to the weekend, I can definatly get Jun and D.S to come along with me!!!

16. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

HMMMMMMMMM (>")><("<)

17. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Konjou_Akira said:

it's 500% COMPLETELY open to anyone. Bring you brother, uncle, sister if you want. But definitely bring your VF crew. They are all welcome! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that. So I'll confirm on whether the Dead Dog Society will make it to this thing. There's only 4 of us, but chances are it will be just me and the cripp showing up. Cripp is the guy in the wheel chair that was with me oh so long ago the first time I played Adam Yuki, The Shun guy and I think Crew Nyc.

Which reminds me....will he hotels be wheel chair accessible..? If not it will just be me and are there any other festivities planned, where you all may hit a place up or something? I love the game and would love some comp on it. Just wondering what else I might be able to look forward to other than getting owned severly for a few days lol.

18. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Okay...does second week in december sound okay for most peeps? I think Srider was right about peeps studying for finals during the first week. I think this will allow more people to attend!

Spotlite! If the event is moved to second week of December, this would allow you to attend, no? I really would like to see you again!

We should finalize on the date by tomorrow evening at the latest...

Thanks for all the feedback!

19. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Adam, the second week of Dec would be better for me as well. I will try my best making it to this event.

-Maddy-

20. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

second week of december sounds fine for me. Gives me time to prepare and save money. Korean style Akira is going to be there. Woo~ Glad you will try and make it Maddy.

Hydra members, let's plan on getting ready for the trip. So everyone can make it.