1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

i need help

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Drunken_Master, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

in the vf4 arcade people murder my Shun di with all the time with jacky and lau so i have to resort to beat knukle all with jacky to win oh and i cant do most of shuns basic moves as well in vf4.

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Here's a start... LOW KICK! LOW KICK! LOW KICK!

Shun isn't that straight forward of a character (but his low kick can be evil when properly used, I emphasize "properly used"). Jacky and Lau are a pain in the bum, but I think you can manage with practice. So the next tip is:

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Skill doesn't come in a bottle, pill, or a post.

Try to experiment.

I think I've just used up a good amount of "advice cliches." If the test version you're playing is anything like the test version I played, well.... Shun should be pretty fun to use, I had quite a bit of fun with him (some fun streaks as well--if streaks mean anything to you anyways).

-Chanchai

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

yes but this jacky player keept doing the beat knukle on me when i tryed my drunken sweeps. I was force to chose jacky and beat knuckle him to death back!

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

yes but this jacky player keept doing the beat knukle on me when i tryed my drunken sweeps.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, but:
    Low kicks (d+K), not drunken sweeps (d+P+K, K, K). Save those for OTB combos.
    Just my two cents....

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=red>DOG</font color=red>