1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I Need Help!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Metal_Fulgore, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Metal_Fulgore

Metal_Fulgore New Member

Hey every one. Im New to VF4 i havent played any of the others im really a big tekken player, but im trying out VF4 im having alot of trouble with the speed of the game. cause i just got the game yester day, and im using akira, yes i know hes very difficult but i like a challenge anways im looking for some tips to use him, and how to do his combos like d/f K+P, f+P, BFFF,P+K i notice it requires a great amount of speed like most of his other moves, so does anyone have any tips for me?

2. Metal_Fulgore

Metal_Fulgore New Member

Whats up can No one gather enough courage to say some tips or somthing or is there no one good enough in this place to help me out?

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eheh, you should use the search button, it helps a lot. Every question anyone in the whole world could ever ask about akira has been answered...
    to do the d/f+K+G etc. combo, search for
    "akira DLC how"
    for tips on doing his knee, search for "Akira knee how"
    ... for tips on spod search for "akira spod" ... etc etc

Other than that, the best way to learn akira is to go through his trial training (I'm guessing you have a PS2).

4. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Practice the DLC and SPoD in command training to your hearts content. Turn on command display and advice display to help. The last part of the DLC is really fast (at least for me) but it's not that difficult once your get the rhythm to it. (Don't bother if you're trying to do it on a pad, you'll only kill the nerve endings on you thumb.) The Stun Palm of Doom is more about accuracy, but again, once you get the rhythm of it, you'll be able to do it at will. Note these are not something you'll be doing in 15 mins.... Akira takes some dedication... be warned.

5. Zakkmc

Zakkmc Member

I feel your pain. I've tried this move hundreds of times in the Command training and I have yet to pull it off. I get the d,f k+g and the f P parts of it, but I guess I'm a little slow with the bff P+K portion. If I speed it up any more, then I miss the move altogether and end up doing the f K+P move. I am getting a little faster at it, but I wonder if there's a certain way you have to hit this combo that I'm not quite getting. Can anyone on this board hit this move consistently with the PS2 gamepad? Let me know..

Thanks,
    Zakk