1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I need some advice from a good Wolf player

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akira2001, Nov 17, 2001.

1. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Until last night the only characters I have played in VF4 had been Akira and Lau. I chose to play a game with Wolf and did ok (maybe 6 or 7 victories). My problem is only only remember some of his old moves and have learned a couple new ones. I do not, however, really know any combos. In relation to others, I'm sure he is not a combo character.
    But does anybody have some good combos? whether they be many hits or not.
    Also, does his tomahawk chop, shoulder throw have to hit as a counter to work or am I just doing it to slow. Does the same apply to his heavy toe kick, diamond cutter? Also, just for sake, can he still pick up a downed opponent?
    Anyway, thanks for any input. I am trying to become a decent Wolf player as nobody where I play plays him.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Wolf is a pretty decent combo character. The basic combos to learn are:
    b,f+PK, P, P, b,f+PK (shoulder ram, two jabs, another shoulder ram)
    b,f+PK, P, f+K, u+P (shoulder ram, jab, knee, pounce. They can probably QR away from the pounce)
    f+K, d+P, f+P, P (knee, low punch, bodyblow - hook combo)

Anyway those are the basics. Knee or shoulder ram to start combos, put in one or two punches, then end the combo in just about anything (although another knee or shoulder ram works well to end combos). If the opponent doesn't roll quickly you can risk a pounce, or u/f+K mini pounce, or d/f+P shoulder drop.
    After b+P (I think that's the command, but I'm not sure... the elbow drop) the opponent will fall to the ground and their legs will kick up. Follow with a knee or a pounce. You can also do f,d+K, then u+P pounce.

Tomahawk chop, shoulder throw may need a counter. You enter the throw just after the animation for the chop completes. Toe kick, diamond cutter must be a minor counter to work, in other words you must hit your opponent with the toe kick while they are still recovering from a move. This takes some planning, since the toe kick is sort of slow.
    Yup, he can still pick up a downed opponent. If you pick someone up when they are facedown, they end up turned backwards and wolf can try to knee them in the back (it may be guaranteed, not sure).

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

From Mr. Bungle's <font color=orange>VF4 combos</font color=orange> thread:
    WOLF HAWKFIELD
    ==============

f+K | b,f+P+K -> P -> b+K+G,K

f+K | b,f+P+K -> P -> P -> b+K+G,K
    [MC, light characters]

f+K | b,f+P+K -> b,f+P+K

f+K | b,f+P+K -> d+K -> d+K -> b,f+K+G
    [TR will avoid low kicks]

b,f+P+K -> b,f+P+K -> b,f+P+K -> b,f+K+G
    [TR will avoid third shoulder]

f+K|b,f+P+K -> d+P -> f,d+K

f+K -> f+P,P

f+K -> d+P -> f+P,P

f+K -> d+P -> b,f+P+K
    [if opponent does not TR, more b,f+P+K's possible, as well as b,f+K+G to end]

f+K -> d+P -> f+K

b+P -> b,f+P+K | f+K

b+P -> b,f+P+K -> d+K -> d+K -> u+P
    [TR will avoid low kicks and pounce]

b,df+P -> b,f+P+K -> f,d+K

4. DarkAkira2002

DarkAkira2002 New Member

Heres some good advice stick with Akira

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

try these.. can't be bothered to run through a whole list sorry..

b+p ~ HCB+p,p

b+p ~ p ~ b,f+p+k ~ d+k

b+p ~ f+k ~ b,f+p+k ~ d+k (also in VF3 vs light characters)

(famous) f+k+g ~ f+p+k ~ any low throw

6. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

f+k | b,f+P+K, P[G], P[G], d/f, d/f, f+P
    [MC on MW or reg on LW. * The above can become a wall combo in which you can add a 3rd P[G] then do the m-sledgehammer]

f+K | b,f+P+K, d+P, QCF+P
    [Good combo to follow the low punch parry switch]

f+K | b,f+P+K, HCB+P, d/f,d/f, f+P
    [MC LW]

f+K | b,f+P+K, P[G], b+P | f+P+K [LW only] , pickup | b,f+K+G | Pounce
    [MC MW or reg. LW]

7. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

That last one isn't a combo.

f+K+G is easily struggled out of, though the computer never seems to get it. The f+P gets blocked most of the time.

8. Boumxyz

Boumxyz Member

Bah we all know AKIRA is the cheap character.