1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I need some help with lion

Discussion in 'Lion' started by hamada, Dec 22, 2003.

1. hamada

hamada Member

I am playing with lion as my main charackter now and i need help.
    I saw chibita doing it against minami kage ,he did after [2_][6][G][P] [2][P][4][P][P] and when I want to do this it doesnot work and i donot know why.
    I think that lion got so much undiscovered combos but it is really hard to know them.
    So if you know anything please let me know.
    For example I find a combo which only works on lau chan in the open feetstance [4][4][K] [4][6][P][K] [K][K]

2. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Lion's FC throw combos have been discussed here some time ago. The solution to placing [2]+[P] after FC throw is doing a foward dash ([6][6]) into the low p. The follow up is then pretty variable (b,f,P+K, K,K or f,f+K,K or whatever).
    BTW I read StoneCold's post about "having his ass served to him on a plate" and mentioning many gratitudes to you ^_^ (I hope SCS's offer "Pay by Play" is still actual!)

LittleWild's Lion Evo 2_6P+G Combos

3. hamada

hamada Member

Thanks a lot zss.
    This is what i have been searching for,but i know that you have to put a little dash after the[2][P] /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    The matches against scs were very entertaining and fun,but i cannot find a post about that.

4. StoneColdSerb

StoneColdSerb Well-Known Member

Hamada, I mentioned it in another thread, I think the one were sb asked whether their record was good or sth. along the lines.

Thanks for describing the matches as "fun and entertaining" as I am sure you must have been quite bored towards the end. I guess it showed that I only picked up VF in July. Nonetheless the session with you, being my first ever human comp, lifted my game several notches, without a doubt. Anyways, I have been practicing religiously (taking my trusted PS2 wherever I travel) and wouldn't mind another session, maybe in February or so.

ZSS, the Pay by Play offer still stands. I am, however, travelling a lot business wise so you have to send me a pm regarding the times you'd like to come. Sorry I didn't get back to you guys about the FBT but I have been travelling shitloads since the mid November so it's difficult for me to make predictions. But in principle, the offer still stands and as I said in the Pay by Play post, I don't plan to retract it anytime soon. It's my little contribution towards the VF community.

btw: it was the "Is this good" thread in Kumite... by Xenocide.

5. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there have been nothing new about FBT since my last PM, the Fireball guys seem to hang it out. Hopefully they won't give up the whole thing. If there is next VF session with more people in Vienna, how about letting me know? A little competition can do no harm /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. hamada

hamada Member

I am sorry but the fiireballtournament is dead.That is what one of the competitors sayd to me,but there will be a last friendly tournament.
    @scs
    I hope you trained a lot but even if you play all the time you will not defeat me /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    @zss
    If you come to vienna send me a pm because i need more human competition.

7. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

<font color="yellow"> GhostDog </font> found this link: Lion Max Damage Combos ,
    but before you go there read <font color="yellow"> GLC's</font> notational guide. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

the timing of [2][P] is REALLY hard, i always screw up

9. hamada

hamada Member

Yea ,the timing for the[2][P] is one of the hardest things in the game,for me akiras combos are much easier and I am using a pad.

10. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

The combo works on Brad as well /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sg-Lion