1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I saw Jacky today in Philadelphia!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by PunchUSilly, Jun 28, 2005.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Bruce was in T2, not Bryan.

Bryan made his debut in T3 but Bruce wasn't in T3.

The pair both met first in Tag and now in T5.

2. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    were also wrong about Steve NOT being Nina's son.

Everything is settled now? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

goddamit, tekkens story just keeps on getting more and more stupid.
    i love how tekken needs to somehow tie every character with another one.

whats next? marduk is an ex lover of kings, hence the reason hes so mad at him?

roger jr is the unholy union of paul and kuma who originaly exists in the future but came back in time to put things rite?

and i thought having a great grandparent in the game was bad enuff..........

3. LM_Akira

TBH I think most players just ignore the story and play the game.

I mean, you don't see many Jeff players talk about him trying to win the VF tournament to buy a boat do you? Then again...

4. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I was thinking of bruce... simply because I thnk of him more of a kickboxer than bryan. I remember in tekken 2 i woudl just spam this sweep, uppercut move he had...

5. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    you don't see many Jeff players talk about him trying to win the VF tournament to buy a boat do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the conversation everytime I use Jeffry.

Seriously.

I'm not even joking.

/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. LM_Akira

Woah happy birthday man!

Another of my friends is 22 over here today as well, uncanny.

It's funny tho as whilst I was writing that comment, I realised that most players in our group often talk about things like Jeff buying his boat and that when we play, so I added in the last trailed off comment haha.

7. DragonCop

DragonCop Well-Known Member

I've been wanting Sega Am2 to place Taka-Arashi back in the Virtua Fighter game ,but people have been telling me that his fighting style does not go well with the "Virtua Fighter Fighting System" since the goal of his sumo wrestling fighting style is about pushing his opponent out of the ring. Tekken 5 just got this new sumo wrestling place into their game like it wasn't a problem at all. So why can't Am2 take a page from Namco's book and 'revive' Taka-Arashi?And this post is relevent to the topic since both Tekken 5's sumo wrestler and Taka-Arashi both look similar.

8. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Don't all sumo wrestlers look exactly the same?

The problem is, floaters are just such an integral part of the game... and it'll be stupid if there's a floating sumo wrestler.

9. SlimTYME

SlimTYME Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KS_Vanessa said:

[ QUOTE ]
    were also wrong about Steve NOT being Nina's son.

Everything is settled now? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

goddamit, tekkens story just keeps on getting more and more stupid.
    i love how tekken needs to somehow tie every character with another one.

whats next? marduk is an ex lover of kings, hence the reason hes so mad at him?

roger jr is the unholy union of paul and kuma who originaly exists in the future but came back in time to put things rite?

and i thought having a great grandparent in the game was bad enuff..........

[/ QUOTE ]

tekken has always had ridiculous storylines. What about Ling in tekken 5, who buys a timemachine to stop Heihachi throwing Kazuya off the cliff (but ironically still manages for Heihachi to do it anyway!). Not EXACTLY Spielberg, is it? LOL.

10. KS_Vanessa

KS_Vanessa Well-Known Member

[quoteNot EXACTLY Spielberg, is it? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

speilberg made the land before time movie. i will never forgive him for that.

11. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    vanity said:

Don't all sumo wrestlers look exactly the same?

The problem is, floaters are just such an integral part of the game... and it'll be stupid if there's a floating sumo wrestler.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a floater? A way to tack on a large chunk of gaurenteed damage. VF4 introduced several other 'floater substitutes', the various crumples and head over heels animations. In short, taka could take damage within the VF4 system without a reliance on floats, they managed it in VF3.
    Difficult yes, but doable. Sums up the difference in quality between 3 and 4.
    <font color="yellow"> Course I won't get away with having many more digs at VF4...</font>

12. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

<font color="#EEEEEE">look at me you cant read my text either!! </font>

13. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Madin I was actually referring to it the other way around, with other characters floating Taka - and how floaters are integral to their aresenal.

14. DragonCop

I remember between the year 2000-2002 when gaming fans talked about the Tekken 4 vs. Virtua Fighter 4 rumor. People thought a game like that would actually come out.That got really childish really quick.

Virtua Fighter definitely set the bar in training mode as well as their fighting system . Another fighting game ,Mortal Kombat:Deadly Alliance, tried using real fighting moves in their fighting system like Virtua Fighter, but it turned out less than satisfactory.The control figuration was medicore and when you tried to place in combos, it required an intense level of buffering.Am2 showed they took the art of fighting seriously by making sure each character had a different fighting style and a variety of control figurations to go along with it .They didn't provide us players with the standard punch, kick and grapple moves, they wowed us with reversals, combos, series and counter hits.They made the gameplay so real and complex that anyone could of learn these moves in reality. Virtua Fighter is sort of like an adventure game because inorder to get to the next level you have to show your the best by doing the work. It depends on your skills, patience and attitude.Its like a deal when you play the game,when you hold up your end of the bargain with an attitude for playing, patience and skills, Training mode holds up its end of the bargain by providing you with large command lists, demonstrations, advice columns, motion information and an hit status.Am2 didn't bullshit you with storyline, they enlightened you with straight-forward action gameplay .

For all of those 'Tekken fans' out there who think that Virtua Fighter is 'tasteless' becasue of its lack of an active storyline, they need to understand that this is a straight-forward fighting game , not a comic book.If you want a real fighting game ,play Virtua Fighter. If you wanna hear a bed time story with cheesy gameplay, then play Tekken.

15. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    DragonCop said:
    If you want a real fighting game ,play Virtua Fighter. If you wanna hear a bed time story with cheesy gameplay, then play Tekken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

16. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

No. No it was not. Dragoncop is a fucking moron, and you're a moron for agreeing with him.

You see why no one wants to play VF? Because stupid scrubs say stupid shit, and then other stupid scrubs back it up.

Please don't diss other games just because you suck at them/know nothing about them.

17. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Woa, woa calm down. It's not that i suck at Tekken, quite the contrary. It's just that IMHO I feel that Tekken is all flashy and not much on the technical side as VF is. I have played Tekken and it really isn't as satisfying as VF.

And please refrain from calling me a srcub because you really don't know me. And from your actions it makes you look like a scrub to me in my opinion. You live pretty close to me, so if you ever stop by my place we can get some VF and you can find out firsthand of my VF skills, and then you can comment.

18. DragonCop

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

Please don't diss other games just because you suck at them/know nothing about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really misread what I typed. I'm not trying to 'diss' any games, I'm trying to tell you that Virtua Fighter 4 and Evolution does not need an active storyline inorder to be an apealing fighting game.The reason I chose Mortal Kombat:Deadly Aliance as an example is that the game is mainly focused on its storyline than the gameplay(fantasy-fighting game), and MKDA turn out to be a pretty boring game.People aren't running away from Virtua Fighter because of us 'scrubs', they are running away from VF because their aren't any fictional characters in the game with super-natural powers.When you play the Arcade mode in Virtua Fighter 4,there isn't a soul blade to find or krypts to open because it is a staright-forward fighting game that is based on reality.All I'm telling the Gaming Republic to do is to not play a fighting game because you're looking for a active storyline, you should be playing an RPG for an active storyline. If your looking to play a straight-forward fighting game that doesn't have dragons or fighting Pandas, then you should play Virtua Fighter.I own Virtua Fighter 4, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Mortal Kombat:Deadly Aliance and had played Tekken 5 several times, I think I know what I'm Talking about.

P.S. Before you decide that I'm the moron whos dissing games, why don't don't you look at the previous post in this forum.

19. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Akira_PH said:
    And please refrain from calling me a srcub because you really don't know me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Gonna act like one, I'm gonna treat you like one.

[ QUOTE ]
    Akira_PH said:You live pretty close to me, so if you ever stop by my place we can get some VF and you can find out firsthand of my VF skills.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I can recall making a trip to Illinois and inviting you, and you didn't show. So probably not.

[ QUOTE ]
    DragonCop said:
    People aren't running away from Virtua Fighter because of us 'scrubs', they are running away from VF because their aren't any fictional characters in the game with super-natural powers.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually, they are. Part of the reason no one plays VF is because people like you say dumb shit like you just posted. The worst way to promote a game is to act like other games are trash. VF gets a bad rap because of it, so stop. Tekken players don't give two shits about storyline either.

20. LM_Akira

[ QUOTE ]
    Akira_PH said:
    It's just that IMHO I feel that Tekken is all flashy and not much on the technical side as VF is.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many Heihachi electric wind godfists can you do in a row in

A) Tag?
    B) T5?

Can you do ewgf > ewgf > LC consistently well with Tag Jin?

How about ewgf > ewgf > ewgf > white heron with T5 Devil Jin?

What about all the Just Frame moves in T4?

Can you light dash with Mishimas/Jin in T5?

It's one thing to say that Tekken players diss VF for being "boring", "slow", "too technical" or whatever but it's the same old story for VF players to turn around and say Tekken is not very technical.

It's quite funny that they are seemingly 2 fiercely dogmatic views of opinion from either VF players or Tekken players with respect to the other. Players who play both games seriously within scenes will know the depth each game series has.

Tekken and VF are both as "deep", technical and rewarding as you want them to be, same with almost any other serious fighting game.