1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I stuck with Pai at 0 Dan, no matter after wins

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by furyhawk, Mar 24, 2002.

1. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

I stuck with Pai at 0 Dan, no matter after 7 wins or winning the ranking battle. Still Dan 0.......... Bug? And the 1 Dan battle is always with a Rank 3 Sarah... Not a 1 Dan's tester ~~.

2. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

unfortunately you just have to keep playing and the ranking matches will come. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

0 Dan, even after on a 9 winning streak.... Still no ranking battle. I still dun get it. I sure that if i accumulate 5 win point, i get a ranking battle... isn't it so?

73 wins and 32 lost

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you rank up only by facing enemies of the SAME rank, not higher or lower. And I think it takes ten? but I'm not positive.

So by complete luck, you might face dozens of enemies who are too high or too low... but never the ones you need, who are the same rank.

5. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

0 Dan?

It goes 1st kyu -> 1st Dan. There's no such thing as "0 Dan", at least as far as I've seen (and I've ranked five characters past 1st Dan on both US and Japanese PS2 versions).

Do you mean 1st kyu? Am I missing something?

grib.

6. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

/versus/images/icons/blush.gif.

I just check the Ranking FAQ and I 1 Dan /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif. The chinese for 1 Dan is call "initiate" Dan and i thought is 1 Dan is the next advancement. So i am 0 Dan.

OMG. I need to win all the 1 Dan 5 times? Even if i win 4 Dan 10 Times and still cannot advance in rank????

I think i lose more to 1 Dan then 2-5 Dan........

7. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

This is getting worse....

Well, i did what u say, keep playing and win. Finally, i got into the 1 Dan (?) ranking match for the 3rd time. Mine tester is kyu4(????). And guess what, after winning, i am still Dan 1....

Guess i need to start all over again. Did anyone encounter the same problem as me???

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

title match u played in yes
    title match u won..yes

so why ur rank didn't go up?

BECAUSE it was not ur time to challenge someone for their title rank!

u got challenged for ur rank..which u won..which u defended.

9. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

SAME HAPPEND TO ME I FAUGHT 20 FIGHTS BEFORE MY RANKING MATCH

2N DAN 89-2