1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I think I get it

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Jeff nope you were not dominated....well at points you were, like against jeffery when we were all joking that you have to beat adams jeff and my jeff ;) hehehe

I remember that night...Nelson was saying "I dont think I beat Jeff a single time..." hehehe

I think you know jeff too, that I am not the most competative person here. Adams fire to compete and play to win is greater than mine.

CrewNYC

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

just fuck off, andy. you're pathetic.

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

one last thing...

you didn't play against godeater at chicago.

and you played against me in three, maybe four games at nyg2.

FREAK.

4. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Jeffster,

You didn't comment on the idea proposed by me earlier - to ride up with me to Toronto. Also, since most likely MOAT will be held on may 12-13 (a few days before E3), I was thinking that, in addition to riding up to Toronto with us, why dont ya just fly with us from NYC to LA for E3 as well? It will be kool man, so let me know a.s.a.p.

Looking forward to playing your "experimental" Aoi...hehehe (j/k).

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

5. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

lol,

Andy, I played Jan about 3 months ago, and I'd have to say we were so rusty it was almost pathetic. You'd have to give him a lot of prep time with some real competition to grease those reflexes and yomi skill. One weekend probably wouldn't be enough. Also give him some real sticks he could play on. And that's assuming if he wants to do it.

You're probably better off just retiring or taking your cash and try playing some of Shota's buddies, assuming they're still playing.

-Jason

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I don't think you do.

Ok - Andy, I have no idea what got this going but...

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Llanfair/GE/Ghram: At chicago I beat them all with pai maybe 8 to 1

<hr></blockquote>

Umm, have you been hit in the head? I think you need to start rethinking. I don't think you ever played GE at the gathering, but that's of no matter. Below is YOUR quote from YOUR review of the Chicago Gathering. Check Astro City if ya like.

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Owen is an all around great guy to play and friendly whether he wins or loses, we played a few times, and when Owen won he always ends saying good match. Very sportsman like.

<hr></blockquote>

Yep - we did play a few times Andy. I won some, and so did you. 8 to 1, eh? Hmm, I think not. The ratio was likely very close 50/50 with neither you nor I the memory to accurately say it was any different. You're a great player, Andy - but not that good.

One last thing. You're NOT coming to MoAT? If you took half of the energy you're expending right now trying to prove yourself and put it towards competing at MoAT - then we've got ourselves a great competition coming. I truly believe Andy that you're in for real eye opening surprise. I hope you're there.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Its been proven to a moot point since NYG1. MoaT is a great tournament,but like I said I would train, and I am expecting to playing Akira which will require that I train more, I dont think I want too since I am not in tournament mode.

All my PAST talk has been proven. None of it (other than the European players thing) hasn't been.

Andy, I'm finding a lot of inconsistencies in the things you're saying.

You've mentioned that the NY crew have been regularly playing eachother for the past 2 or so years, that the NY crew consists of high calibur players whose skill level has reached the point where only fine tuning and tweaking is required in order to better their opponent. Yet, given the perfect opportunity to compete against a group of skilled players, most of whom you haven't played in a while, and some you never played at all, you decline with the soft excuse of it not being "worth" having to re-train.

You have everyone here believe you're on top of your game in general, and that no "huge leaps" in skill are required in order for you to compete. You claim you're usually more vocal in your competitiveness than the rest of the guys in NY so it's very unusual, as a 3rd party reading this thread, that you choose to remain silent, sit idle, and let this perfect opportunity to prove your worth pass you by.

I have no idea why you say that you want to use Akira either, when I (and probably nobody else) have never known you to be an Akira player. Why don't just stick to the stronger characters you know and compete? Big tournament coming up, oh I would like to use a character I never play for the tournament, but I couldn't be bothered learning that character in time so I'll just sit it out. That's what is sounds like you're saying, and it's very, very soft indeed.

It appears that you've lost all interest in VF3 now, unless of course Jan takes you up on the $5000 challenge - which I think is just ridiculous.

What if Jan were to attent MoAT 2001? Would you go then?

Lots of loop-holes Andy.

You're competitive but you don't want to compete (unless it's with Jan).

You've reached expert status, no huge leaps required in order for you to remain competitive, but don't feel it's "worth it" having to train with Akira. Why play Akira at all? What's wrong with your other characters?

The title of this thread was 'I think I get it' but the more I read, the more I'm convinced that I just don't get it, or you, at all.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Yuki-san, here's what I have planned, tell me what you think!

I'm going to fly up to NYC latest May 6, Sunday. Hopefully I'll be able to stay somewhere (Andy's place?) because I literally will need to train if I don't want to be embarrassed at MOAT. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif You know, practice playing competitively on TB mode, test my lineup, see how effective my Aoi is, stuff like that. Right now my Aoi is theoretical as I've played her seriously only against the CPU, but I think I'm beginning to understand her strength and if I am correct then I definitely do not think she is weaker than everyone else on a high level.

And then, after MOAT we can indeed go to E3 together. However, this is contingent on my being able to stay at someone's place at NYC through all this time and having a place to leave the majority of my luggage while we go off VFing in MOAT or E3.

ice-9

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

*sigh* You are indeed right on that point -- I definitely had a lot of trouble with Jeffry. *sniff* It's not very reassuring because during a stretch of time when Adam was playing Wolf, I had also a lot of problems with his Wolf.

And I'm sure if I played Nelson today I would have much more problems than I did before...

ice-9

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: I don't think you do.

Would someone care to back me up on this one?

I had a 9 game win streak against just you and Ghram, You playing Kage and Ghram playing Taka. I flew through it. Actually screw that ED has the tapes to prove it.

Wasn't GE the guy with the orange beard? He had a guy named Clem with him I think, and they went exploring when I had arrived. I did however play the two of them I think they played Jacky (or Clem did) and I certainly won with two streaks one was 4 streak and the other 8.

Kruza or someone who was watching my Pai, hello....

Omaha Jeff and Harold were among the first few players I played when I goto to Chicago, I had a streak the second I sat down I was so anxious to play.

In response to Myke. Nah, this stuff will never end. My point is pretty consistent. Yeah I could play Jacky/Pai, but actually one of the reasons I picked Akira is because I want to play Emils Akira with mine. He got really good with Akira in a short period of time. He probably has the best Akira next to Adam in the US that I've played. I've been playing Akira now solidly for about a month and a half counting and i'm pretty determined to get really good with thim. Thats what all the Akira stuff is about.

I simply would really like to play Jan and the Europeans.

CrewNYC

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Let me reply to his though again, there was a period during the gathering though that we did go 50/50. Those streaks were the first time I played against you guys, you made a comment that my pai reminded you of one of the VF2'ers Lau. (with the rush I was using) when you were watching me play, that was one of the comments I have remembered for years playing this game since it meant alot to me coming from you.

CrewNYC

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

In response to Myke. Nah, this stuff will never end. My point is pretty consistent. Yeah I could play Jacky/Pai, but actually one of the reasons I picked Akira is because I want to play Emils Akira with mine.

What does playing your Akira against Emil's have anything to do with competing in MoAT 2001? Why should your unreadiness for the former hold you back from the latter?

13. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

>Harold: Beat him about 2:1 or 3:1 with pai at Chicago gathering, 2:1 when he played sarah at NYG

Ho hum....statistics are about right, at least for the Chicago gathering. Guys in Chicago still do not listen to me, "Just Kill while you can."

At NYG1, I remember Hiro saying straight into my face, "Shota, I feel Harold is the strongest among everyone in this room". While I agreed more or less in general, it left me in a great puzzle whether his comment included ME.

I didn't ask Hiro about that. Yes, I am a coward, I was afraid to hear the truth.

14. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

>try playing some of Shota's buddies, assuming they're still playing.

Yep, they still do. They often send me a message, such as "Great findings with Lau", from their cellular phones while being drunk AND playing VF at the arcade. They know how much I want to play VF at the arcade.

Well...Jason, if you're ever in the area again, you gotta join us for the dinner and drink. Fun won't begin unless we drink, at least among us.

15. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Bring it to MoAT

Alright - I guess my memory's jaded (how convenient!). I'm also remembering the tourney we had - and if I remember that correctly, none of NY did very well...it was a format you guys just weren't used to. Tourney play and gathering is very different. Doesn't matter anyway...I want to talk about MoAT

What I don't understand is your reluctance to participate seriously at MoAT. Andy, you keep claiming that your gameplay is 150% + better than Chicago. No offense, but do you honestly think that you're the only one who's improved? I don't think so.

MoAT is your chance Andy to show us all. Show us that your Pai and Jacky (and Akira) are stellar and that thy can trounce the living hell against almost anyone. Why do you just want to play the Europeans? Have you ever played Myke? If you've got nothing left for NA VFers, then why ever play against Adam or Nelson or Hiro for that matter? If your competitiveness if at its peak - brint it to MoAT. Show us that you can kick some ass. I know I want a piece of you - it's been a long time.

As far as Jan goes, there's talk between he and I concerning his attendance. Nothing concrete, but nothing written off. Again, Andy, this could be your chance.

Come to MoAT and test your mettle.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

I shoulda read the rest of the threads before answering - lol....see ya at MoAT Andy....good the hear. ;)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Llanfair on 03/19/01 07:11 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

16. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

MOAT 2001...Debut time

After reading all these postings (I took a few dayz off the board n all these fun stuff happens..bah)

I've decided to stop wondering abt if I should attend MOAT.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna go to attend classes as usual.

After that, I'm gonna go hunt down the cheapest air fares to toronto.

I must thank this thread.
    Somehow, reading all those posts, it really fired me up, wanting to go to MOAT.

A chance to play against stronger players.
    It's the reason I've been training everyday since last september after playing against myke.

And I've made sure I am good enough to play with stronger players.

And I will continue to do so even after MOAT 2001.

Competitive....
    Win or Loss, it'a about competition.
    Otherwise, all my training goes to waste.
    It's the sole reason why I bring my DC n VF along with me even on holidays!

I'm also gonna make any person who ever called Jacky 'boring, too easy to use, cheap, etc...etc' eat their own words.

Moat 2001
    It's the only chance I can prove myself in VF3tb.

If I cannot make it there, then I have really wasted all my time training to match the best!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 03/19/01 10:34 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

17. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Ice-dude

Hopefully its O.K with Andy that you can crash at his place. But if Andy is unable to accomodate, you are more than welcome to stay at the hotel as my guest. So dont worry, either way you will have a place to stay in NYC.

18. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Adam-kun, would you be in school at around that time? Would you also be staying at the hotel at around that time period?

Andy, would it be convenient?

ice-9

19. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I'd definitely be out of school by that time (graduated BABY!!!!) So im just gonna be chillin! I will stay at the hotel with the DC so we could get some training on for MOAT!!

Andy, waddaya say dawg? Is it okay for the Ice-man to sleep at yer place for a few days? Your place would be a lot more convenient than the hotel.

20. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: MOAT 2001...Debut time

Well...despite what Bungle says, it looks like Andy has achieved something, to make someone in Australia (or Singapore) fly all the way to Toronto, Canada.