1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I think Virtua Fighter 4 could've been better....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, May 11, 2002.

1. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Oh shit did I type that, well I didn't mean it, Sega doesn't suck I was just saying Squaresoft was better. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

mmmmkaaay!

P.S.- I get high on crack, not on life......oh wait it's the other way around.

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well then squaresoft is suitable for you as they they take C & G and FMV over a playable game in general...

*yawn* ... another final fantasy game, and i'm gonna just sit and watch it like a film, when are they actually gonna change their game style, even mario RPG had the same battle elements!!

like i said before, "graphic priority can overshadow it's gameplay", i mean look at the saturn version of last bronx, graphically, the game was impressive, but some of the gameplay elements were not as acurrate to something like VF2... it's better that it's graphics were rushed other than it's tech, does it really matter to so many people when NO conversion of VF has ever been arcade perfect?

why complain now?

3. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

complaining is part of the discussion board community. That's life. Can't get away from it unless you don't read it. lol.

4. teepo

teepo New Member

am2 praised the playstation2 by the end of its development for vf4. they said it was one of the most difficult things they ever had to learn but their next game for the console will now be even better.

they also said they wished they had more time to develop vf4 for the ps2 so they could have used alot of the tricks they learned.

5. HighKing

Where did you hear that?

6. Trashcan

Trashcan Member

VF4 could have been better, yes. But it's near perfect. The gameplay is awesome. The graphics are over everything I've seen for every fighting game, except maybe DoA3 in general and BR:pF particle effects.

The textures and the polygons are not the only things that you gotta watch when you do 3D graphics. Collisions, movement, Camera and such are all very good in VF4. It was the first game created on the PS2 by AM2, come on. Make your first game on C++, then make another. I'll bet my ass the second will look MUCH better.

I am looking forward to VF5.

By the way, I remember seeing somewhere (on IGN or Gamespot) that AM2 was praising the PS2 and would have liked to have more time to make the game look much better.

Oh, by the way, to some that said the graphics sucked in comparison to Jak and Dexter and such, well, they are less good, but they do not "suck" in comparison.

7. HighKing

Yeah, I read that somewhere also. I think it stated somewhere that AM2 had only 6 months to make this game, usually it takes more than a year to make a game.

6 months + First time developing for difficult hardware, doesn't mix very well. But after development AM2 praised the PS2's hardware and like Trashcan said, they said they wish they had more time to develope Virtua Fighter 4 to make it better. But really, I enjoy Virtua Fighter as it is now and I think they did an awesome job with the little time they had.

I didn't really worry about collision detection, camera or anything like that but AM2 did a excellent job with those aspects of the game.

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

There we go again with the lies and propaganda .
    Just becouse it is CLAIMED doesnt make it TRUE .
    Namco allegedly took 6 months with TTT on PS2 yeat they showed a trailer with the charas and animation duking it out on PS2 hardware wel over a year prior to release .

VF4 was anounced for PS2 end of January 2k1, it was released end of January 2k2 exactly a year later .
    So you wanna tell me that AM2 anounced the game and then said, hey guess what dudes, lets make this a REAL challenge for ourselves and lets not start on this game that is supposed to launch us as a third party powerhouse on hardware we are not familiar with for another 6 months .

Really, with some of you people the brains seem to have long since departed .

9. HighKing

Fuck!? Why are people like you (arrogant) in denial. It was heard straight from Yu Suzuki and you know he's not one to throw things around like that. When he announces something it's usually true.

Yeah I know your gonna disagree, blah, blah, blah.

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Becouse someone says so doesnt make it true, that and how do we even know that intervieuw was legit ?
    Wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt, especially in light of a lot of such intervieuws turning out to be fake recently .
    Sorry if I offended you, I shouldnt have been so harsh, most of these things tough when you look at it rationaly dont make sense .
    Why anounce it a full year before release and then not work on it for another six months ?
    Hell they said they had been tinkering with the PS2 hardware since september 2k .

11. HighKing

I could be right, you could be right, The only people who know are the people who made this game. This is kinda childish, seeing who knows more about a videogame. I think I blew it out of proportion, there are better things to do than this, right?

12. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yeah we shouldnt waste oure time with something as silly and petty as this .
    Im right, but that isnt really important, whats important is that VF4 is a kick ass game .

13. HighKing

I disagree, Virtua Fighter 4 is not a kick ass game, Virtua Fighter 4 it's an ass kicking game. LOL!!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hahaha!!...........Sigh............ that was really gay.

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

LOL yes it was .

15. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Obviously it could've been better or what would be the use of a Virtua fighter 4.1 or "5"? But it is a DAMN good game. There are few things that I like more, a good sports game and beverages and friends and girls and puppies and oh yeah really fast cars and money and BBQ's and thats about it. Actually here in FL. we encorperate all of that while we have our VF gatherings, you all should come!!! lol.

16. HighKing

Hot girls come to your meets? Are you sure about that?

17. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

not to offend anyone but i really see no sense in why your putting so much importance to the graphic of a FIGHTING GAME, first off all, the backgound and the ring, notice how the snow withers away and melts, how lei fei's stage tiles get crushed etc. imagine if they made it much more complicated than that, then you wouldnt be concentrating on your opponent you'd be concentrating on the background, how are you gonna win if your focused on the back ground, and about the the characters, what sega did is incorporate real fighting techniques on their characters, so the kicks and punches you see in the game as almost as real as they get (no impossible kicking 4 or 5 times while in the air stuff) so putting 20,000 - 50,000 polygons on characters will take more time in making precise movement, personally i play the game because it closely stimulates the makings of real fighting, which makes it an awesome game, there's not much defiance in physics and the human body, all hardcore real fighting, not to offend the tekken players but some characters there spinkick with one foot on the ground for at least 2-3 hits, looks nice but unreal, please dont take this personally its just my opinion and not an offensive attack

18. HighKing

Haha!!, your opinion is so friggin hilarious!! No, I'm only friggin kidding.

19. jabbr

jabbr Member

thanx for the link cygnus...

dloading it now, it'll take a while though (56k dialup) /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

20. Blade_hunter

Blade_hunter New Member

Comparison with VF4 and say.. Jak and Daxter in graphics is way too unfair. Jak and Daxter is a RP game and VF4 is a fighting game, do we not see a bit of a difference? VF4 makers probably cut down on graphix to lower load times, but of course this is very much my opininon. I think that if people gripe about things that they don't understand why it's that way... well to put it simply they should look it up first.