1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I think Virtua Fighter 4 could've been better....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, May 11, 2002.

1. mAxximo

mAxximo Member

I agree with the original poster.

I love the gameplay but I'm utterly disappointed by the quality of the graphics. There are stages that are a complete joke, like Pai's or Sarah's. Horrible. I compare the backgrounds/stages with those from the DC version of Soul Calibur (three years old) or even Dead or Alive 2 and I can't believe that Sega approved the release of their flagship fighting game with such half-assed graphics.

At first I thought it was a bad port but, actually, the arcade version is pretty bad too. I remember when VF3 hit the arcades it was way above any other fighting game. VF4 seems to be several steps back now in comparison to others. Even the lip-synch is a joke!

Nobody beats the gameplay and the characters, though, too bad they didn't go the extra mile with some killer graphics...