1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I used to think this game was nice

Discussion in 'Console' started by EVM, Jun 14, 2012.

1. EVM

EVM Well-Known Member

Now I think this game is just a bunch of bs. Unless you spend countless hours memorizing frame data and characters. This game is just filled with spammers and caters to noobs. Prime example would be I jump over a downed opponent with Blaze, the opponents rising kick with miraculously track around at the last second and hit even though he should be owned for spammiong a rising kick. Then you have the standing combo/punch spammers who get cheap tracking hits too.

2. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Complaining about circulars moves eh...

The game takes a little effort if you want to be good, but what games don't? I would say take a little break and then work on some short combos and your blocking/defense. My Sarah was getting tore up by my buddies Lion last night, on what I thought were pretty cheap tricks, but it was awesome. I just stuck with it and eventually started getting it figured out. The game has a ton to offer, but like everything, if you have no patience you probably wont be rewarded.

3. Cla

Cla Well-Known Member

This game may not be perfect but it's hardly a bunch of bs.

Wait what? You mean learning how to play a game affects your ability to win? I would've lost that bet...

Yes. Spammers are the easiest people to beat. If you're losing to spammers, it's cause you don't know how to play. Seriously, EVERYTHING in this game has an answer. If you opponent does THIS, you do THAT. If you're failing to respond to your opponent's actions properly, you lose. End of story.

And all respect is lost for you. -_- Feel free to stop playing, I hardly think anyone here will miss someone who is clueless enough to seriously believe this game caters to noobs.

You jumped too early.

You're doing it wrong. Either you're sidestepping too early or you're mindlessly assuming that you get a free hit because you got one successful evade. You need to evade ALL hits in a series, or block the first hits then evade the last one. You can't just mindless mash evade and then be like "YAY I GOT AN EVADE SO IT'S MY TURN TO ATTACK NOW". You have to predict that your opponent is going to do PPP instead of just P and react accordingly.

4. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    El blaze's front flip over rising kicks dorsn't work as well as it used to.

But you're a fool if you actually believe the rest of that nonsense.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I can only guess you never play any Tekken or Soul Calibur or DoA [​IMG]

6. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

... and BlazBlue.

VF is as fair as it gets, even though it's not as fair as it could be.

7. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Goes great with chicken.

8. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sometimes fair is not what people are looking for.

9. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    come on, you should know better. if you play online, you should expect ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from your opponents, including spamming punch strings and 2P. the players good enough to win are the ones that escape all that crap and counter properly.

i suggest you either practice a lot more or just wait for DOA5 or get another fighting game because stuff like frame data and defensive positioning are paramount to success in this game. ive been playing VF since the days of VF4 (not that long ago but still) and ive seen just about everything.

TL;DR: practice more and work on your defense or get another fighting game.

10. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America
    Yeah every game has what he's talking about if you're playing the wrong people. SF has random uppercuts, random supers and ultras.

Difference being, "random" rising attacks when you shouldn't be doing them = like 20 dmg lol. Random ultras = you lost the round.

11. Shinzu921

Shinzu921 Active Member

Posting while enraged is not a good idea.

12. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

13. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Hahaha.

14. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Gimmicky online gamers have existed long before fighting games went online, and they will exist long after devs stop making fighting games.

15. Mlai

Mlai Well-Known Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to think this game was nice</div></div>
    then I took an arrow in the knee.

16. Outfoxd

Outfoxd Well-Known Member

I actually remapped all the buttons on my controller to be 2P.

17. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Damn, boy. You'll win for sure!

18. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    EVO champion 2012.

19. EVM

EVM Well-Known Member

Another example of how this game fails is the hit logic. Another kid spams Jackys [6] [6] [K] from across the map and some how this kick hits me out of my [2] [K] [+] [G]?

20. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Wtf there's 2 pages full of responses towards you and you ignore it all and talk some more bs?