1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I usually only seem to get items from another pai in kumite

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Akhet, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Akhet

Akhet Member

is this normal? Also, i read somewhere that if u r wearing some accessory u won, and lose to the same character, it gets taken away - is this true?

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Yes...it makes TOTAL sense to be able to only win items from the same characters.

No, you do not lose items to AI characters.

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I thought it was possible to lose spheres?

4. Akhet

Akhet Member

what are spheres?

5. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

You can only loose items to the same character if its the item you get from winning 100 fights in a row. I did it with jacky and got some crappy red headband and then lost it to another jacky about 20 fights later

6. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You'll start seeing spheres above high king opponents when you face them for the first time. You'll probably have to get into the misc-lord classes before they start challenging you. There are 7 colors. If you collect a complete set, you can win another item. Search the boards for "spheres" for more info.

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hmmm..I never considered sphere to be items....

hehehe~

8. Munki

Munki Member

I have a couple questions on loosing the 100 win item.

#1: If lost to a Kumite opponent, will he be wearing it the next time you meet? In other words, is there a possiblity of winning it back?

#2: Is it possible to loose them to characters w/o a ring name?

Just curious, as Shun Di's Red Dragon bottle goes well with my 1P color scheme, and it would suck to loose it and have to win 100 more matches to get it back. I don't like killing a dummy 2P 100 times to get it, as it messes with your win % n stuff.

Oook