1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for a stage - why hasn't this been thought of

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Shadowdean, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Fighting in a night club..having to move people out of the way..bouncing and jumping off of polls, differen't elevations...banging music..imagine the possibilities?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

general thread..

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

It's been attempted many times before in SNK games...

ice-9

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"...having to move people out of the way..bouncing and jumping off of polls..."

- is this a joke? have you ever played VF before?

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Idea for a stage - why hasn't this been though

sadly, it's not a joke.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

VF needs the people element (as suggested by the nightclub). VF3 ventured into more urban surroundings but all the stages were as dead as... dead! Esp. Pai's stage for example. It's HK, one of the most populated territories.

Vicks Biru

7. Shadowdean

Why are you so opposed to it? Would it screw up your flow chart or perhaps be a break into more interesting territory. To my knowledge, in a 3d fighting game, a night club stage has not been done. If anybody could do it right, I think it is Yu..and adding the element of people would just make the environment even more immersive...Have you ever thought outside of the box?

8. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i'm not narrow-minded. my comment was posted because your idea sounded completely unplasuable (and that's putting it mildly). no offense intended to you personally - just can't see it happening (the pushing your way past dancers, etc).

9. Sudden_Death

the idea of a night club where you push onlookers around and fight you oppponent has been done........ in PIT FIGHTER!

hahahah

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

10. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

how about a pub were you you can headbutt people and you have to be carefull not to spill pints or you get attacked?

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

11. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

exactly - pit fighter: the world's worst game. shadowdean was talking about VF. is he insane, i wonder?

12. Shadowdean

LOL..they just beat on you...I know the dancers might be a bit out of the way right now..but still imagine......

13. Shadowdean

Awful games have had great ideas...just cause the game sucked does not mean it did not have a few really great ideas...I am not talking about being beaten on by the crowd...just a little interaction..beyond the dancing crap in TTT

14. Sudden_Death

"..they just beat on you"

actually you can beat them too...

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

15. Nightstrike

Nightstrike Member

Hey shadowdean , i think you're idea is great imagine fighting running up the stairs on the stage and then the next floor maybe , but the people and those dancers and stuff can't be in you know.If they are there they should'nt be in the ring.

16. Sudden_Death

is there a way to move this to the general thread?
    i just think it belongs there.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

17. Shadowdean

I definatly think that would be dope...Picc - I definatly think since this is VF related, it should stay here.

18. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

They should have a Nightclub level in which you're fighting off stage and can move the fight onstage and watch as the female club dancers scurry to get away. Then the bouncers could head toward the stage and you and your opponent deal with them before returning to the match...

After one of you gets defeated, you can have the ladies return to the stage and give the victor a lap dance...

19. Sudden_Death

this is vf related?

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Their reason being
    ' New kind of stage in VF'

Thus, they would consider it being VF related.

Me?

I dun care.

Hey Pic, me getting my Q3 back next week...
    FRAG MATCH!!!!!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'