1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for a stage - why hasn't this been thought of

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Shadowdean, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

well, shadowdean said nothing in the first post about vf so i assume it didnt belong here.

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

And u're right abt that as well.

I'm not disagreeing with u....
    Sorry if u thought i was /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

3. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Ok, I keep seeing this thread, and I'm sick of it. No offense, but if I wanted to move people put of the way, I'd play Spike Out or Shenmue.

This is a fighting game - one on one fighting - there's no bar, no dancers, no tables, no vince mcmahon chair throwing, no drinks to be spilled....okie??!!!

Oh, and by the way, it HAS been thought of before: ever played Powerstone?? Minus the people to shove, you've got tons of obstacles in bars to push and throw.

sheesh,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yes, but I just think that it would be a great evolution. You may not like the part about having to physically interact with people...but maybe little things...a spilt drink makes the ground wet..they dance around you...lights flashing...it just adds to the environment...Sega will never do it cause its to risky I think

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

sarcasm >And Sega never takes any risks do they?<sarcasm

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

shadowdean (josh, if i may), stop this thread now please. your ideas aren't 'too risky for sega' or whatever - they are just plain mad, crazy, crappo. i think i can safely say i'm not alone in this thought.

7. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: Idea for a stage - why hasn't this been though

the correct term is "FUCKING RETARDED."

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

"the correct term is "FUCKING RETARDED.
    LOL /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Rich...that's harsh man.
    Man has his own views.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 03/22/01 10:30 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. Shadowdean

Thanks pookie...I can always count on you to put a smile on my face and gratitude that aderal may one day make it into your system.
    Just becaues you may not like the idea, does NOT mean that the idea is not good.

10. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"...Just becaues you may not like the idea, does NOT mean that the idea is not good."

- true, but in this case your idea was indeed crap. (and, yes, i know you weren't addressing me). we should have another poll - who thinks the idea was crap? waste of time actually: would you trust a man who can't spell 'because'?

11. Robin

Robin Active Member

You want people to believe the idea is crap? Then justify why it's crap... I'm certainly willing to hear both sides of the argument, but at the moment I'm leaning toward "it sounds like it could work quite well".

12. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

so you think pushing bystanders out of the way, and swinging from dancers' polls is a step in the right direction for VF?

13. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

oh, and i never said i want people to believe his idea is crap. in fact, i'm gonna stop this now myself actually as this is getting tiresome.

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Dude
    not that I wanna butt in....
    in this case, I think there is no need to flame Josh in such a manner.

15. Shadowdean

Tell me, have you EVER had a class in formal argumentation? Let me educate you - you state a conclusion without ANY contentions/premises to uphold it. Maybe I would give what you say pause if you actually gave me a reason why it is "crap" as you say. If all you can actually propose are derogitory statements and put-downs, then I do hope you know what you state means little to nothing to me.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

You ARE a fucking retard.

stfu... you're embarrassing yourself.

17. Shadowdean

Re: You ARE a fucking retard.

Thank you for proving my point correct beyond ANY resonable doubt you putz.

18. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

freddie: i'm not flaming anybody.
    josh: your original idea, as described in the very first post in this thread, is a ludicrous suggestion as far as VF's future is concerned - that is basically all i have said. i stand by that opinion. i mean, dancers's polls to swing from and pushing bystanders out of the way - what sort of idiot thinks that is a valid suggestion? seriously - who actually agrees with josh's original post in this thread? anyone?
    as far as explaining WHY i think the idea was/is crap...well to me it is simply ludicrous, and self-explanatory to anyone with at least half a brain to see that pushing dancers out of the way during actual VF combat is insane. VF can do well without a 'hip hop' soundtrack too.

19. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

(wow, josh! no typos, nonexistent invented words or grammatical mangling of the english language! cool!)
    i can't believe i'm actually dignifying this fucking question.

but okay...i'll bite, and add to uk_kid's msg...
    you ask why "hasn't this been thought of before?" did it cross your small, vacant mind that your idea is/was completely graphically impossible on any of the old machines, and is probably still completely impossible on the n2? dozens of unique characters taking up memory and power - and just how do you expect the camera to see the fight if the characters are surrounded by people? it AIN'T gonna happen, dude. and w/o the people, your idea isn't very amazing - a room without much undulation with lights and music. fab-oh.

and "bouncing off poles"? just what the FUCK is that supposed to mean?

20. Shadowdean

Wow, one day you may just come close to writing without explitives, put downs, or maybe even be happy. I am quite confident with my grasp of the english language, as having numerous poetry and essays published would speak to.
    Perhaps with any system, but with current hardware, I would think that it would the idea would at least be thrown around in tech demos.
    Off of poles - have you ever been to a dance club? Most have polls placed here and there, and being able top manuever around them would add to another dimension to gameplay the same as having un-even terrain.
    Bungle - please stick to arguing a point, not the person, cause in a battle of wits with me, your woefully il-equiped.