1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

IE Crashing

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Myke, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in
    module MSHTML.DLL at 017f:70c9c056....

If you get page faults like this, go to MS Knowledge Base and copy the error message into the search form. Select full search and you almost always get a result that helps. How much it helps is the real question. Here is what you get for that error under the cause section.

---- Copyed from MS Knowledge base article Q265244
    This can be caused by an XML file that uses an XSL file to create either an anchor tag (A) set to change the right frame or element that calls Window.open ("URL", "rightframe").

This only happens if the right frame is currently pointing to a page located on another domain. If the page is on the same domain, it works fine until the page changes to a separate domain.
    -----------

I don't know if that's any help but as of the last major versus city update, ubb.threads is now using xhtml. I'm betting that Miscrosoft uses an XSL file to translate xhtml into html before putting it into the Modzilla engine.

With that in mind I'll have to check into the templates and make sure the html is good xhtml.

Another thing you may want to do is update IE's Vitual Machine (VM) if there is an update available. (Check http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com). Even though the VM runs java, and not javascript, it's is not too uncommon to have a corrupted VM and an update will fix that problem.