1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If a character had to be taken out...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by strangelove, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

NO NO NO NO NOPE

If a character had to be taken out i recon it should be Shun cuz he musta be at least 100+ years old and he still manages to throw a punch. Lion is ok cuz he has one of the most interesting styles ever (wtf is it n e way?). Dural is another player i liked to see replaced its always the same " beat dural with a character get a ending, beat dural again and get the same ending". They should get a member of the JUDGEMENT 6 cartel to be a boss (VF is based on a story right?)

2. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

But that's the thing, Pai isn't a Kung Fu Badass she's a Graceful fighter who counters her fathers aggression with finesse.

But, returning to the gameplay, I still hold true to my belief that Lau is linear compared to the additions the other fighters have received bar Akira.

Check out Pai in VF4 she looks so fluid at times.

3. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

Lion is using a Kung Fu style called "Praying Mantis"

4. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been Taka, that's for sure, my main character in VF3, Sega just took him out like that, what's the deal ?

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I guess he just dident fit in for VF4!/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

LOL..sorry, robin hood: men in tights flash back lol
    Do you know....praying mantis??!!!

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

But to me, I never saw a huge amount of finess in her attacks..just basically weaker looking version of her fathers attack pluse a few stances thrown in. For me, she just does not cut it...her, and of course - dural..its time to update sega!!!!

8. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

nah man! Dural should defently stay!

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Go play Virtua Fighter 4. Then we'll talk again on the matter.

10. Torneko

Why ? Why doesn't Taka fit in VF4 ?

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Why?

Because even when he's flat on his back it's as if he's standing up right. Do you really think he could QR and TR? Despite his Super Heavy weight? He would be slaughtered by OTB as the above points would be in effect and he couldn't recover in time.

His very design is just unfeasible.

12. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Do you really think he could QR and TR? Despite his Super Heavy weight?

Why wouldn't he be able to QR and TR? Floating a character is the only aspect of the game affected by weight, as far as I know.

He would be slaughtered by OTB as the above points would be in effect and he couldn't recover in time.

This might have been true in VF3, where it was easier to do OTB combos on him than just about anyone else. But if the same QR and TR rules that apply to the rest of the characters apply to Taka, then I don't see how OTB combos could be a factor.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I keep hearing this argument and it just seems that Yu and company would have compensated for this if they wanted Taka in VF4.

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

OK, let me be blunt, the guy had more girth than a pregnant hippo. Do you really think someone with so much weight on them regardless of disciplined training to use that weight could Kip up and roll around with enough speed to dodge pounces and other attacks?

I don't, with the new engine Sarah, Lau and Kage would have a field day with him. Taka is such a large target that they could string Fighters Megamix style combos on him. His design clashed with every other character that AM2 made that they had to further tweak him in VF3tb. He was a mistake.

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

hey! ask the peps at AM2./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

15. Torneko

He could have different QR and TR animation, that work the same effect. Its a game afterall.

Or it could be compensated by the fact that he doesn't fall down so often, like the way he was in VF3. Give him some reversal stances I am sure Taka could work in VF4.

Taka was an interesting character, when he first showed up. He was like the Akira of VF2, to me. Something different.

16. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Do you really think someone with so much weight on them regardless of disciplined training to use that weight could Kip up and roll around with enough speed to dodge pounces and other attacks?

I don't think weight has any effect on mobility or QR/TR. I stated that in my first post. And this "disciplined training" of his shouldn't matter if the programmers made him have the same QR/TR as the other characters.

17. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

They could compensate also by reducing the amount of damage he takes from QR/TR-able combos. Hell they could reduce the damage he takes overall by a good amount. They could also make it harder to knock him down or juggle him (moreso than VF3).

There's always options... I've always thought the "super armor" from MvC (juggernaut, colossus, etc) was a good idea for big characters with all that momentum. They should have given this innate ability to the big characters in Tekken(Jacks, Kuma, etc) as well as Taka in VF. To clarify, I'm speaking of the ability to have big characters make huge attacks that ignore small damaging MCs (ie a shoulder charge that plows through jabs, despite the basher still taking mc damage).

Now that would put the fear in people. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

18. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

It's a good idea for VS games, since the fast characters have so much of a mobility advantage, but imagine Tekken 4 with super armor for Kuma... f,f+2 goes under jabs, through d+1, and about five feet forward. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

19. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

lol that would never happen./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

20. Luya

Luya Active Member

None, each character is unique and I don't see the point to remove Taka in VF4. Like someone said, he's like VF2 Akira since his powerful attacks have slow recovery. His double palms should interrupt quick attacks due to his weight. How about charginf double palms which will stagger blocking opportnent. There are a lot of possibilities with him. Concerning the design, take a look to the big guy in Shenmue 2. I couldn't imagine what if AM2 did a DC version of VF3tb.