1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If there was one thing you could modify or add ?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ONISTOMPA, Jun 10, 2003.

1. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

I would give every character their own unique block animations (depending on the move blocked, the blocking character's martial art and weight class). For exemple Pai would block certain attacks differently than Wolf and Jeff. Also, a move that would usualy get a guard stagger on her wouldn't have the same effect on a heavyweight chararcter, or if it does then for a shorter period of time. For circular moves : lets say Jeff throws a left hook, instead of the standard guard animation, the other character would block it using his or her right arm and so on and so on. I think it would make the fights look even more interesting and animated even when your opponent is a proud turtle. It would add the martial arts movie look to them and make defense something good to look at and also be part of a characters weaknesses or strong points.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I would fix the bugs.
    They got rid of a lot from ver A.->B (like Shun warping after [4][P]+[K]) but there's still some new ones. Specifically people becoming transparent when rising and being hit by a crescent. Few circumstances, but it does happen - it's quite weird.

There are some other bugs here and there. I did a [3][P] w/ Lion against a Wolf after he charged me w/ his shoulder and I dodged... went straight to the ground and I did a down attack (IE - the first attack I did, the [3][P] was a down attack)

Would also clean up some of the graphics. That's to say, moves that eat other things from far away
    Jacky's [3][K][K], a number of Sarah's kicks, etc., I'd make the characters take a step forward if they were back too far so it would look more believable. A Jacky lifted my ass up w/ [3][3][K] and was nowhere near me - the foot never even touched. Not sure if it was a glitch, or graphical screwup.

And of course, hire real voice actors.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as to have it alter the character balance/gameplay, but block animation would be a great thing to bring back. Looking back at VF3, so many little things made it seem more realistic even though the models look terrible compared to today's. That's one of those things. It's not easy, and it's a lot of work for a cosmetic effect, but it's hella cool and it gives you visual cues to counterattack.

4. ONISTOMPA

Yeah, you're right some bugs are way too flagrant, one time Akira did a [4][6][6] [P]+[K] and literaly went right through me. I was like wtf !!? Was that a new jf or did I dream this shit ?

Creed : I think it could be done without screwing up the balance and gameplay. It would give you something else to think about when playing with or against a character : does he or she block well against Vanessa or is Jacky an overall good blocker, is Jeffry a blocking powerhouse... But if it can't be done without messing up the balance, then NO. But I'd give it a shot, blocking needs to evolve a little imo.

5. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

As a game I think Evo is pretty near perfect, and certainly beyond my ability to improve. Presentation wise there are some things I think could be kind of cool. For the most part it's just stupid stuff I've thought to myself during loading times while sitting playing at home.

Voice acting is a given. Character quotes on the whole I'd like to give a major overhaul. I know we're all used to them now but they're pretty bad for the most part.

Introduction of character specific quotes between some pairings could be quite nice if done well.

Pai v Lau, Jacky V Sarah, etc. It would give the characters just a flash more personality to see some of them interact like that.

I'd like ground throws to work after KO. Is it so wrong for me to want Jeff to pick my opponents lifeless body back up and chuck it around some more?

Which links me to; Jeff's 2P costume needs to be better. (Yeah I know there are a lot of great items available for it in Evo, but straight off the bat it's pretty bad)

Something that is slightly more game related, I'd like a stage with a mixture of high wall and open edges. Akira's vf3 stage is a perfect example of this.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I completely concur with the block animations....VF3 seemed more "personal" if that makes any sense.
    For shun, I would like to see his drinking animation make him wiff high attacks and to have more evasive attacks that work with different drinking animations. Maybe one more stance with about 3 or 4 moves? Just look at Revenge of the Drunken Master w/ Jacky Chan to get an idea of what I am talking about.

7. GaijinPunch

Did you not play VF4 pre Evo? You could do ground throws after KO... Aoi could anyway.

8. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Yeah I did but I don't play Aoi. So I was completely unaware of that.

All my experience of ground throws is with Jeff and Goh.

So from your answer I take it she no longer can in Evo? Hmmm I wonder why they took it out.

9. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

You still can

10. Faded

Faded Well-Known Member

Ok so help me out here as I don't have it to hand?

Is it just Aoi? Or am I completely mistaken in thinking that Goh's ground throws don't work after KO? All i remember is him crouching down hands outstretched but the grab not actually happening.

If anyone could clear it up for me I'd appreciate it..

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

yah, they don't work after KO.

12. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

One thing I want to add to this game is enables a

winner to get back on the ring or move around outside

of the ring after the winner rings himself out.

It would be kinda cool, if someone can get back on the

ring. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

13. GaijinPunch

No ground throw is possible after KO. I know for a fact Aoi's were possible but I never played the others so can't say. I was kinda shocked when they did that. not sure why.

If anything, they should take the pounce out after kO. That seems to be the one that pisses off the JPN players. There's a guy that plays at Gigo a lot, w/ Akira, and isn't very good, although you can tell he thinks he is. He never throw escapes, and 70% of his game is either punch-> throw, or low punch->Byakko. He will try a reversal now and again for intimidation - rarely pulling it off. Anyways, after a match, he continually pounces, which is considered rude here. He does a fair bit of arcade-pounding when he loses as well. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Strange, I remembered it working but now I cant seem to anymore.

15. ONISTOMPA

[ QUOTE ]
    GaijinPunch said:
    If anything, they should take the pounce out after kO. That seems to be the one that pisses off the JPN players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sore losers. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Event_Horizon

Event_Horizon Well-Known Member

Like 1 pounce after a combo that KOs them isn't too bad I don't think- it kind of just goes with the flow. But I think continual pounces after KO is very obnoxious and childish

17. ONISTOMPA

Yeah, but c'mon would you actually take it as a sign of DISRESPECT and get PISSED OFF about it ? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think that's overreacting.

18. GaijinPunch

Finishing your combo is considered okay. 3 down attacks after winning, is not, and that's what this guy does.

He used to have a very childish chat message (after a match) that said, "Do you have any friends?". Now, the verb Have and Need are synonyms in Japanese, so w/o the kanji (which he didn't have) it could go either way. So, I changed one of my chat messages to, "Nope, don't need any", as if he was asking "Do you need a friend". Hehe -- got a few laughs.

19. ONISTOMPA

Come to think of it, that would be cool if they gave Shun different sways dependending on how drunk he gets. For instance he could have an auto high punch sway animation after, I dunno... 8 drinks, where if you press kick right after the animation, he would kick his opponent in the chest or something. Similar to Jacky's auto-parry then punch animation. That's not a bad idea shadowdean. Drunken style kung fu is a very evasive type of martial art. It's crazy, the number of interesting things they can do with him if they put there mind to it or like you said, they could always get some good exemples from the movie.

20. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

I would do something about that weird wind-blown effect on the female characters' breasts. Looks wrong.

Someone already mentioned the thing where attacks pass right through characters getting up during certain frames. Make them invulnerable here... fine... just add a blocking or inashi animation or something.

Also, maybe AM2 could speed things along and have Lion's balls finally drop or something. Get some bass in his voice... right now i have to skip all his entrances and taunts because his voice makes me want to punch holes in my HDTV.

I love the backgrounds, but i really wanna see the stages redone a la VF3, with varying levels. I know this is wishful thinking, but it would still kick ass.

And projectile moves! Ha-Do-Ken!!! j/k

And a storyline for the people who give a shit.

Oh yeah, and i know Kage is Japanese, but he needs that queue like Lau and Lei, so i can have Iron Monkey flashbacks while i play...

Wow, that was the single geekiest thing i've ever posted... i need help...