1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If you had to eliminate 3 characters from VF4

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by xDURALx, Mar 19, 2002.

1. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

Who would they be? Lei-Fei would be my first choice, I can't stand his fighting style and think he's a poor addition...I'd rather have Taka than him. Vanessa and Aoi would be my other two. I actually like playing as Aoi from time to time, but it seems like a futile effort as another player of equal skill will almost certaintly win with someone like Jacky, Wolf or even Pai.

BTW, I can finally SPoD (VF3tb) with some consistency now (25-40%, compared to zero a few days ago), but the DLC still eludes me. Seems like by the time the elbow hits I'm in such a rush to get in the BC I mess up the excution...if I take my time, it comes out as a seperate move. I have to disagree with anyone who says SPoD is harder to perform than DLC.

2. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Vanessa rules! No way she should be removed. Hell, I bitched about them taking out Taka but I took it all back when I played Vanessa.

If I HAD to choose 3 characters to axe I'd say:

Lau-He lost his appeal to me after VF2. The fact that I'm not crazy about floats doesn't help either. His new beard kicks ass though.

Aoi-I probably haven't played enough of VF4 Aoi yet but I don't find her style that interesting sans the piles and piles of reversals. Her reversals are pretty brutal however.

Dural (Lame cop-out I know)

3. Darkseed

Darkseed Well-Known Member

I wouldn't remove anyone, all of them have their place in VF. Although I hate Jacky to death I still don't think he should be removed.

And Lei-Fei a poor addition? Tsk, his style is by far the most beautiful one in VF4, I haven't had the chance to play VF4 yet but I love him already and he will definately be my main chair when VF4 is finally released here.

4. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

It's more of a looking forward thing. Taka didn't make it to VF4, so it's not unreasonable to think some characters won't make it to VF5.

5. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

I can't say I would get rid of 3, but losing Dural wouldn't be half bad. I would much rather an ultimate, person fighter than some kind of overdone, metal, supercreature. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

That's just my opinion, but I try to stick with the realism as often as I can.

This time around, I hate to say it, I would say Lau, Lei, and Jeff (not in any particular order).
    Lei= I'm just not a big fan of. Dunno why?
    Lau= I love but he is too unchanged, not even a new throw, damn it!! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif
    Jeff= I would rather see another Wolf type character like a grappler or something. Not another guy trying to kill a shark. Sure he's big and powerful like wolf, but he's, IMO, no Wolf. I would prolly think better of Jeff if he still had his db+P+G VF3 wall throw. That was awesome. But, now his moves don't impress me. More eyecandy, please!!!!!!!! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Lei
    Kage
    Lau
    ...but only if we had to eliminate three.

7. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I would have to try and stick to storyline to pick 3 not to make it to VF5.

1. Lau Chan - He's dying and if Pai can prove herself. She would be a monster in VF5 mixing her and his styles together.
    2. Shun Di - He is a great character, but he is no spring chicken. Let the man meet the shadow student and go grab a drink. Then go home to teach for awhile.
    3. Jacky - Let the poor boy go back to driving. I'm tired of the buttmunches kicks.^_^;;

That's the news and I am outta here.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Dural - I don't think ANYBODY would disagree here.
    Lion - when he appeared in 2, I was like "oh, this is cool", but as time went on, he never really grew on me and I find him a very poor representation of southern mantis.
    Shun - I would love to see the old alcoholic retired and a younger, more agile protege take his place, but I definatly would not want to loose drunken boxing from VF.
    If not Shun, then Lau. Every time I play Lau and I see his moves, I keep thinking "could of been better" or "if only.." He has such potential to be such a kung-fu baddass, but I just find him just missing the mark..

9. ken

ken Well-Known Member

You can use any of the characters to win.

Who really gives a rats ass on which ones to remove.
    If you spent more time asking questions about how to improve your own game or investing more time into some solid practice and creative play generally it doesn't matter who you use.

Stop making excuses about the apparent strengths and weaknesses or the character. As far VF4 is concerned its always the player's lack of skill/understanding rather than imbalance or poor design of the character.

You are in the minority.

10. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I agree with ken completely. Even if you hate a certain charecter or two, won't you be impressed when you see expert players handeling them?

For example, I am not a big fan of Jacky, yet when I saw the Hitel tournament videos for example (Only one of the examples), some of the later Vanessa Vs. Jacky were INTENSE!! They really put up a good show, so I see how people can do wonders with certain charecters. And now actually I like to see all charecters as long as the people controlling them are good.

AM2 spent a whole lot of time balancing the game, so it is hard to say that a certain charecter is cheap or something. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

C'mon. Give the guys a break.
    This is meant to be a light thread in the first place and each one is entitled to his or her own opinion about which character to dislike.
    Posting their dislikes for certain aspects of the game may not mean that they are all scrubbies who are making up excuses for not being able to make the mark.
    Afterall, its only a game, so long as they enjoy playing and chatting about it...why is there a need to pour wet water over them?
    This would be a so much nicer forum if we would all go along with the thread rather than flaming ppl just because you see posts that u dislike.
    btw..from the flaming onwards, we are already venturing a bit far off from the initial topic of this thread..."IF you had to eliminate 3 char..."

12. ken

ken Well-Known Member

why is there a need to pour wet water over them?

Ok, I'll pour some dry water next time.