1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

If you where sega...what would you do?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Jan 27, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Serious? You are god and running sega enterprises...what would be your immediate and long term goals at this point?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I would licence games for GBA and PS2, not such big identity titels like Sonic, or V.F, but Crazy taxi, F355, virtua tennis. If i were sega I would engage other enterprises for the translation.(they should follow half or 1 year after the DC release. for GBA or GB I would do the same thing , but with 2D titeles (shinobi,golden axe,...). i wouldn't care for much innovation like final fantasy or ridge racer , I would make a lot of sequels so the 'Title' would get ingraved in peoples minds.
    i would prefer machines like the GC ,because such kind of sega games are missing there, not much competition on that machine. however i would only start to produce a lot of GC games if the machine has got a good start( at the beginining limited engagment). On the Xbox there will be also heavy competition.maybe it would be a wise choice to bring famos identity products like sonic on the other platforms(but only if necessary and towards the DC's end).
    maybe i would keep up the hardware development for the arcades or else sega will get dependent after the DC's(naomi,naomi2) death, and thats very dangerous because they are still leader in the arcades. maybe a strategic partnership with Nintendo or Microsoft for XBOX or Gamecube sucessor for the arcades(like namco-sony).but they should dance on two weedings(like they did with 3DFX and power VR).....to minimize the risk if Nintendo or Microsoft retreat from the console market.Naomi1 or 2 should keep going on for 2-4 years.

3. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I would quit. They tried to give gamers what they wanted a system with more great games than you can shake a stick at and they chose the pretty little hype box. So if I were SEGA I would say fuck em and just make arcade games.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin