1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ignore Function

Discussion in 'Site News, Questions and Feedback' started by Kamais_Ookin, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Back before the big update on VFDC, the ignore function worked both in threads AND shoutbox. Now, for some reason it only works in threads? Why? I don't want to see BBS's incoherent ramblings anymore and this ignore function is not doing it's original job.

Will this be fixed soon or will I be banned again because I explode on BBS? (it's going to happen eventually...)

Genzen and steelbaz like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The Shoutbox is a 3rd party plug-in, and despite requests from users to have the ignore feature implemented, the developer has made no indication of their plan. So in the meantime, just deal with it.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  3. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Ok, I will just deal with it because I'm so good at that. ;)

Whenever the developer decides to implement it, put it in please. :)

4. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

I whipped up a quick and simple amendment to TaigaChat (the Shoutbox) that sets the framework for ignoring members. My Javascript is quite rusty, and it's difficult for me to test anything without having access to the VFDC server, but here's the summary:

I added a function for deriving the username of the sender of a Shoutbox message from the TaigaChat server's 'templateHtml' json object. I string-split the HTML around the username because I'm sleepy and couldn't immediately figure out how to use JavaScript's regex to do what I wanted:

function getSender(json_templateHtml){
    username = json_templateHtml.split("class\"username\" itemprop=\"name\">")[1].split("<\/a>")[0];
    return username;
    }

From there, I modified function handleListResponse. On line 342 (I believe), this function checks the (sometimes empty) array of newly received messages and decides whether or not to print them to the chatbox. I added an extra condition to this decision utilizing function getSender: whether or not the sender of the message matches a string in an ignoredUsers array. Line 342 and down becomes:

if($("#"+$(this).attr("id")).length == 0 && ignoredUsers.indexOf(getSender(json.templateHtml)) == -1){
    gotNew++;
    if(!reverse)
    $(this).attr("style", "visibility:hidden").addClass("taigachat_new").prependTo("#taigachat_box > ol");
    else
    $(this).attr("style", "visibility:hidden").addClass("taigachat_new").appendTo("#taigachat_box > ol");

}

VFDC would need a modification that stores ignored users in a cookie, and so taigachat.js could easily read that cookie into the ignoredUsers array at start-up. This would filter out the messages of ignored VFDC members in the Shoutbox.

Not that I expect for you to be especially interested, Myke, as I'm sure that you're a busy man, but, if you'd be interested in implementing something like this, please PM me, as I may be of some help.

-David

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  5. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey Vencabot, thanks for the suggestion.

Right now, I think there are higher priorities for me to work on (wiki, combo database, command list database) than implementing an ignore feature for the Shoutbox.

In other news, the developer of Taigachat is apparently working on an upgrade which may include the ignore feature. I'd rather wait to see how that pans out.

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The developer for Taigachat has confirmed that they'll be implementing the ignore feature in the next upgrade.