1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm new, I play as Akira mainly... any hints!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by matrok, Jun 14, 2002.

1. matrok

matrok New Member

Yeah could do with knowing how to do reversals, it seems to be a vital part of the game, lol! also are there any killer moves/combos out there that i must know?
    cheers

2. Wedge

Wedge Member

If you're new to the game, I would recommend trying another character /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Akira is very difficult to play well. His moves are all quite complicated.

As for reversals, they're not that important. They're nice, when you have a predictable opponent, but the timing of reversals has to be nearly perfect, so a reversal isn't something you can just pull out all the time.

Akira can reverse a lot of different attacks. He cannot reverse some types.

Generally, you reverse an attack based on where it will hit you.

High: [4][P]+[K]
    Mid: [1][P]+[K]
    Low: [2][P]+[K]

Read the documents in the Akira section from the main page.
    I'm sure you'll find The Akira FAQ useful.

3. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

akira's not hard to use, he's just not masher friendly; you can win solely by PG, SDE, LP and 2 throws alone. getting out m-ShRm and knee combos though, that's a different story.

you don't try to reverse on reaction, you either do it when you can condition the opponent to throw a specific move, or during option select(see the FAQ for info on this).

4. matrok

matrok New Member

Cheers, i've been on it all weekend! i'm pretty good with him now, can normally down an opponent with about 3 attack combos... instead of trying to reverse, ive found that the evade and attack (p+k+g) is more effective... cheers anyway