1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Im new to VF, please help on gameplay, greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Condor, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

Hello veteran VFers. i just recently puchase a used copy of vf4evo at EB games. i been practicing for a bout a couple of days now. i used Akira. there are a certains things that i dont understand about him, and yes, i did looked through some of the thread here, but i cant find what im looking for. so i hope some of you here can help.

1. i can execute this combo perfectly: [4][6][P] , [2][P], [2_][4][6][P]. i went through some akira video and i found that instead of crouching, akira can execute this combo in standing position. However, i could never input [2_][4][6][P] in time, if at all, for this combo. is there an "easier" way to input [2_][4][6][P] in standing position for this particular combo? i really need some advice bc i saw that there are various variations to this combo and all of which ends with [2_][4][6][P], which i can never input in time, if at all.

2. For [3][K]+[G][6][P][4][6][6][P]+[K]. i could not input the [4][6][6][P][K] in time. so i was wondering if there is an easier way to do this.

3. for [K]+[G] (release [G] within 1 frame), i really have no idea on how to do this. i tried to release [G] as fast as i can but i could never accomplish this command.

By the way, i use a controll pad for playing VF. oh and please, dont tell me to go out and buy a stick bc i never enven touch a stick b4 in my life.

2. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

ohh and also, for the throw escape: i just could not fully understnad its machanic. i know that in tekken and SCII, to escape thow, all you have to do is inout the "right" button to do so. however, when i went to the practice mode with akira, the AI tells me to input "direction" along with [P]+[G]. can some one help me on this matter.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I'm no veteran, but I can probably help you out a bit. If you want more detailed explanations, try using the Search function without limiting the search by date.

1. you have to input a crouch dash and then the [4][6][P]. I recommend crouchdashing back, as you're right by the back button. If you have difficulty crouch dashing, just do it constantly for 10 minutes in training mode.

2. Press [6][P]+[K] simultaneously. It takes some practice.

3. It's almost impossible to do with a pad. The most effective way would be to play with your fingers on the pad instead of your thumb.

Akira's not a great character to start off with, but he'll teach you a lot about the game. Good luck, and use the Search function.

4. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

3. i actually play with my fingers, and not with thumbs. but it never comes out right.

and yes, i did do my research on this forum, but i could never find what i nee

5. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    If you use your fingers, then a stick probably would be better for learning the game. Especially when it comes to buffering attacks.

As far as the knee, I forget the exact location, but in Free Training go to the menu and select Display and select Command Display style B... I'm not sure of the exact phrasing, but it's b.

Anyways, when you try the knee you'll see how many frames you hold K and how many frames you hold G. It'll come out if you continue holding K and if you only see the G by itself, executed simultaneously with the K. You want to only flick the G really, you need to touch it for 1/60 of a second or less for it to come out.

And no offense, but you didn't look hard enough. There have been hundreds of people asking these questions, especially concerning the knee. Type "akira dlc" "akira knee" and "akira double palm" for starters, those should give you enough of a starting point so you can optimize your search results. There's also a Search faq. Good luck :)

6. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

thanks for ur response, but yes, i did went through the training mode (type B), but im still having problem with it, thats y i can here and ask. FYI, i did do a search of "akira knee", and such...but the only thread taht came out is this thread.

7. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    i'm willing to bet that you left it so that it only shows posts within the last week. Delete that "1" and you're set.

8. ukiraros

ukiraros Active Member

1. As what Ladon had said with the crouching dash method and also you could press [4][1][2][1][4][6][P] for [2_][4][6][P]. Akira also have other moves like [2_][6][P][P] and [2_][6][P]+[K], you can do it with [6][3][2][3][6][P]+[K].

2. Just practice [3][K]+[G][6][P] for awhile then practice [6][P][4][6][6][K]+[G] for awhile. Once you get the feel for it combine together and you will able to do the move.

3. It's best if you reconfigure your controller like putting just [K] or [G] on R2, R1, L1, or L2(whichever is most comfort for you) and just practice.

When your opponent throws you with a move like Akira's [4][6][P]+[G], you press [6][P]+[G] and if they throw you with [3][P]+[G] you press [3][P]+[G]. If they throw you and it end in the last direction then it is the direction you should press along with [P]+[G].

9. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ukiraros said:

1. As what Ladon had said with the crouching dash method and also you could press [4][1][2][1][4][6][P] for [2_][4][6][P]. Akira also have other moves like [2_][6][P][P] and [2_][6][P]+[K], you can do it with [6][3][2][3][6][P]+[K].

2. Just practice [3][K]+[G][6][P] for awhile then practice [6][P][4][6][6][K]+[G] for awhile. Once you get the feel for it combine together and you will able to do the move.

3. It's best if you reconfigure your controller like putting just [K] or [G] on R2, R1, L1, or L2(whichever is most comfort for you) and just practice.

When your opponent throws you with a move like Akira's [4][6][P]+[G], you press [6][P]+[G] and if they throw you with [3][P]+[G] you press [3][P]+[G]. If they throw you and it end in the last direction then it is the direction you should press along with [P]+[G].

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Its not that i can't do [2_][4][6][P], i can do it but not in a string of combo while im in a standing position. for some reason i find it to be a lot easier to execute [2_][4][6][P] while i am "crouching" or "sitting down". for example: when i connect [4][6][P], i usually follow it with [2][P], and then follow it with [4][6][P] , and it works out perfectly. but instead of "[2][P]", when i go for "[P]", i am having trouble inputing and connecting[2_][4][6][P] in a string of combo while im in a standing position.
    and as for [2_][6][P][P], it took me awhile, but i figured out how to do it now. a couple more hours of practice will i be able to do [2_][6][P][P] consistenly. and for [2_][6][P]+[K], i found it to be very easy to do after i learned how to do [2_][6][P][P].

2. yes, i can do [3][K][G][6][P] consistently. its the combination of that + the "body check" is what im having trouble with.

10. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

2.) input [6][P] as if you were buffering it from the [3][K][G], then you have to input the [4][6][6][P][K] immediately after you input [6][P]. it's almost like your buffering all the hits.

once you get it it's really easy.

as for 1.), i'm stumped as well. i just picked up the game myself, so i can't be too much of a help.

11. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    tribaL said:

2.) input [6][P] as if you were buffering it from the [3][K][G], then you have to input the [4][6][6][P][K] immediately after you input [6][P]. it's almost like your buffering all the hits.

as for 1.), i'm stumped as well. i just picked up the game myself, so i can't be too much of a help.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...yes, i did all that, thats y im here asking for help.

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

A crouch dash needs to be buffered so that you can enter the crouch the state that [2_][4][6][P] requires:

[3][3] or [1][1][2][4][6][P].

DLC requires rythem and timing. It's not that bad once you get the hang of it. Simply practice this move over and over and you'll get it. Same with knee. Repetition is key.

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Pretty much any move in the list that starts with [2_] is started from crouch (FC). To execute an FC move while you are standing, replace the [2_] with [3][3]. So, [2_][4][6][P] becomes [3][3][4][6][P]. You must execute it VERY fast.

With [3][K]+[G][6][P][4][6][6][P]+[K], you're either messing up the input or you're doing it too slow.

During training, turn on the command notation so you can see your inputs. This will tell you if you're messing them up. I think you should use type B command display.

This especially helps with the timing for knee...

When the Knee actually works, you should see this on your screen...

[K]__
    [G]

If you're seeing this...

[K]___
    [G]__

you are holding [G] too long.

Also watch out for this...

[K]
    [G]

(not holding [K])

this:

--[K]__
    [G]

(pressing [G] before [K])

and this:

[K]__
    --[G]

(pressing [K] before [G])

Takes practice. Good luck.

14. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Try practicing DLC in the slow mode with the input display on. If you misses the last part of DLC(The first two shouldn't be too hard, right?), it's normally that you been doing 4466P+K, 4666P+K, or 66P+K instead of 466P+K. Checking out your input to see what your case is would really help, and then make a correction accordingly.

15. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:

[ QUOTE ]
    tribaL said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...yes, i did all that, thats y im here asking for help.

[/ QUOTE ]

well then your input is incorrect. i've only been playing this game for about 2 days and it didn't take me long to figure this string out.

i guess the only other thing i can say is that instead of viewing it as three seperate parts, view it as two:

the initial [3][K][G], then do [6][P][4][6][6][P][K] as if you're inputting it as one move (think king's multithrows). that's the only other advice i can give.

16. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

well..i never play king, i use bryan and jin.

17. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

anyway..on a totally different subject, what is the point of Akira's "[3][K]? does it stun when counter...it seems to me that its uless because taht kick is very slow.

18. Condor

Condor Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

Try practicing DLC in the slow mode with the input display on. If you misses the last part of DLC(The first two shouldn't be too hard, right?), it's normally that you been doing 4466P+K, 4666P+K, or 66P+K instead of 466P+K. Checking out your input to see what your case is would really help, and then make a correction accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry but how do i access the "slow motion" in the practice mode? man, i must say with all the practicing, i am really into this game (i used to dislike the fighting genre very much). cant wait to get out of pratice mode and start playing agaisnt the AI. but i really wish i can play agaisnt a human opponent instead.

19. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Condor said:

anyway..on a totally different subject, what is the point of Akira's "[3][K]? does it stun when counter...it seems to me that its uless because taht kick is very slow.

[/ QUOTE ] The key thing for the [4][6][6][P]+[K] is speed, press back then pretend like you're forward dashing [6][6][P]+[K], if it's not fast it won't work.

And yes, akira's [3][K] is not only not useless, but one of his more important moves. (Long range, very safe)

20. Taim_Meich

Taim_Meich Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ukiraros said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't agree more with that. For us pad users, specially for those accustomed to play 2D fighting games, those motions are far easier than doing the traditional crouch dash shortcut. I can do those moves without having the character even start crouching using the motions suggested above, while with the crouch dash method I can't be as fast. I'm pretty sure that with an arcade stick the crouch dash method would be much faster, but with a pad, that one works wonders.