1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm obsessed

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Tao_Of_Tom, May 27, 2002.

1. Tao_Of_Tom

Tao_Of_Tom New Member

Hay, I am in need of some serious help, I started playing VF4 in the arcade for the first time a week ago and with Jacky, Sarah, Wolf, Kage and Lion. With any of these guy's I can get to the 12th stage which means i fight Akira, but for the love of god, I can't do sh*t that would beet him,mainly coz every time I attack He counters, and now as a result of this I have become totaly obsessed and realise that i am creating my own sadomasochistic path of self destruction. so if there are any Humanitareans out there who could help me please do. Thank you

2. Wedge

Wedge Member

Heh, I have the same kind of trouble against Akira A.I.'s when I play the PS2 version of VF4. I get alot of my damage against computer controlled Akira's from evade attacks. Waiting for Akira to make the move, then evade attacking.
    I also can usually get a few attacks by keeping distance from Akira and waiting for the AI to initiate a string of attacks. If you're far enough away, do a u+k+g (with kage at least) and you'll do his Cannonball Dive. This will interrupt most attacks and deal a bit of damage. Then retreat.

The problem with fighting the A.I.s is that they're vulnerable to certain types of attacks that don't tend to work often against human opponents /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Start playing Akira & you can better understand his fighting approach. Better yet become one of us, Akira geeks. Ya ya baby ya ya.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

haha... the mighty akira kicks arse once again...

actually, if you put the game difficulty on very hard, i have more trouble with vanessa than akira for some reason.. 0_o
    anyhow, my best stratergy with akira is using a counter-evade throw stratergy, it actually works if he does'nt start throw canceling..

with wolf, i have him quite easily, and get a low throw ready while he tech rolls.