1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of waiting

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SummAh, Feb 15, 2001.

1. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Alright

Listen up Andy, Adam, Jeff, Myke(Won't you be buzy!), Doomboy(see, I remember you) Chancai ANYONE!!!!!!!!

I really need a response of somesort in three week's time.
    It should be more than enuff time to consider. The earlier the better.
    And I do hope we can go around march, april or May.

April is good. Cause We can go during easter holidays n such.

June is out of the question, cause ah got exams to pass.

More importantly, I have to be there in order to get the cheaper than usual hotel rates.

Remember, they are doing the favor for me. So it cannot work if I am not there.

Then again, I'm not sure many people are interested in getting cheaper hotel rates(judging from the lack of responses)

I'm not trying to push you guys into making hasty decisions.
    I don't care if there will only be 3 to 5 of us going.
    I just need to know....then I can plan my schedule. (which you guys can then plan ur schedule)

Anyway...for our own sake, I'll start asking around for hotel rates tomorrow.

One more thing, which part of Japan are we going?

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 2/14/01 11:15 PM.</FONT></P>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Sorry man, the only time that seems like a decent time to go for me is July or August. June has a chance as well. Besides that, one week in March which is unlikely because I don't think i can raise the funds for that by then.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Alright
    If that's the case, I shall stop waiting for the rest to decide.

How about, we set the date for the 1st week of July?
    School starts at mid July for me...so I got two weeks to spare.....
    We get plenty of time to save n such.

Another thing we can really look into is the peak period of flights. Generally, periods such as june, nov, dec are not good times cause that's when the holidays are. So prices gooooo wayyyyyyyy uppppppppp!

Maybye june, july ,august then?

My only fear is by that time, 3tb is no more.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

bet you $1 that fucking nothing will come of it.

seems really insane, the whole thing. just fucking whack. WHACK.

- "hey everybody! let's go to japan! now! where the VF3 scene is dead, and on the verge of VF4's release!"

- "OKAY DOOD!...i've got $3000 stashed away in my cookie jar, i'm game! let's go! "

if people (meaning us vf'ers) can't get our SHIT together enough to make a 500+ mile trip that had been advertised for months actually work out (i'm specifically referring to T2K, where i busted my fucking ass to haul an entire vf3 arcade setup 1000+ miles for the enjoyment of many other players who promised, but did not show, leaving me holding my dick as the only out of towner who got there. and, T2K is just one of a few classic gathering fuck-ups we've made), then what the FUCK makes anyone think we could even possibly get together in a group and travel 12,000 miles away, much less think many of us have the resources for that sort of trip?

some of you twits really need a reality-bitchslappin'. hard.
    (i'm not referring to you, summers)

--
    "THE MONKEY IS HUGE!!!"

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Thank you Rich.
    When I first read it, I thought you were referring to me:)

To a certain degree, I do agree with what U said. Which is why I said I am sick of waiting.

Either we decide now, or we don't bring up this topic.
    EVER AGAIN.

All I know is, Shun(Tofu on this board, posted once, never again) is the most likely candidate to go with me. If this trip DOES NOT happen, fine, I'll drag the above mentioned with me.
    He'll need a hero to save his ass in Japan anyway HUAHAUAHAUAHAHUA!

I'm there not only for VF anyway, been a few good yrs since I went to Japan...SHOPPING SPREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

'seems really insane, the whole thing. just fucking whack. WHACK.'

I know... I think part of the reason why this whole thing blew up cause I kept talking about it, making it sounds like a sure winner. I turned a comment into a serious thread, asking for answers n stuff. My bad folks.

I'll just shaddup and wait.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'Ride the Lighting Legacy'

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey man, as nice as the whole idea of going to Japan is, you'll have to count me out. I'm not even sure of when I'll be returning home so you can see it's pretty pointless for me to commit to any kind of plan.

But even then I think it's too expensive overall, no matter what kind of discounts you can offer on accomodation, especially considering how poorly the $AUD is doing.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I'm going to talk it over somewhat seriously with the New York gang when I'm up there this weekend.

ice-9

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I was gonna count you out anyway buzyboy :)

And yeah, due to the poorass aussie dollars...I'll be forced to used Sing dollars...

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

OK, here's the low down on the Japan trip:

It's probably not going to happen.

Think about the costs. $1000 for the flight (it is possible to get it slightly under, but not by much more). Probably $100 a night in hotel costs. $20 per day in meals, assuming we skip breakfast and don't eat anything fancy. At least $10 a day in transportation costs at the very least in addition to about $50 subway ride from the airport to the city. And a boat load of money to spend at Kani-Spo; expect to spend about $50 a session if you want to play a lot, and I assume that's the purpose of this whole trip. I also assume there will be two main sessions, on Friday and Saturday night, and perhaps a few other "quick" sessions. So I'll just generalize that to three sessions.

So to break things down:

Fixed costs:
    - $1000 flight
    - $150 arcade
    - $50 airport subway

Variable costs:
    - $130 total per day

So if we were to go for five days, our costs would be $1850, conservatively. And this assumes you don't spend money on other stuff like a cool MD player, some vid games, Beat-Tribe tapes, and doing all the touristy stuff that we *should* be doing when you visit a place like Japan. Take a long hard look at that $1850 and decide for yourself if that's a figure you'd be willing to spend. Never mind the fact that travelling to Japan would be more than 24 hours long...one way. Is it all worth it?

To most people, the answer is no. The only reason I ever go to Japan is because I get free lodging with a friend and the airplane ticket is not a factor since Tokyo would merely be a stop on my way back to Singapore or Jakarta.

I think what is feasible is to arrange to meet at E3. I know for sure that Adam and Andy are going to be there this time, and I'm thinking of going as well on the premise that I would be guaranteed at least a rolling video of VF4. We could all meet up there and have a mini-gathering.

ice-9

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ah rich.

I owe u a buck :(

11. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

So who can I bunk with at E3?:)

Jeff, any chance of us meeting at Sg this june?