Images of Lion's items...

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by GaijinPunch, Mar 16, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

This page has images of all of Lion's items, except for the Rainbow Tengaron Hat (his 100-win item). Some items dirived form that though are the Nose Pierce, Flare Pendant. Enjoy!

Anyone figured out how to get the Mantis Head on the PS2 version?

http://home2.highway.ne.jp/osada/redzone/item.html

2. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

My Japanese isn't really sufficient to enough to translate the condition for the Mantis head. Something about losing to your opponent's attack 15 times in a round maybe?
    I can't really figure out the meaning of the verb here:
    kuratte makeru; makeru is lose, but it must have some special meaning when used as a support verb as in the case here, unless it means something like lose while eating, which doesn't really make any sense to me...

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Getting major countered (interrupted) 15 times in a row maybe.

4. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

It sounds like to me you need to get hit by the opponent's attack (round # x 15) times or more... and lose that round. So, get hit 15 times (or more) in round 1, or 30x or more in round 2, etc. You must be 2 dan or higher.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

kuratte makeru; makeru is lose [...] unless it means something like lose while eating

<hr></blockquote>
    Think of kurau in this case as "receive a hit" and it'll make more sense. I'm sure you've dealt out devestating moves that your opponent "ate". /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

5. soulmachine

soulmachine Well-Known Member

Getting Mantis-head is easy. All you need to do is lose 25 matches in a row, but you may have to lose them to someone ranked lower than yourself.

I got it after losing 10 straight and earning the Eiffel Tower head. Then I summarily dropped the next 15 straight and I got Mantis-head. I'm not sure if you have to lose them all at once, or if you can win a couple with the Eiffel Tower, then lose another 15 in a row, but it shouldn't be too hard.

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Ah! I just remembered... they changed it in Version C (arcade & PS2)... I'm such an idiot.
    You have to basically "take 15 hits from your opponent) but only the FIRST of each combo counts". This is how I got the elephant head for Lei Fei. Need to give that a shot. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Zen_Master

Zen_Master Member

Um...hey I'm the new guy here....uh how do u get Lion's Backwards black cap? I can't read Japanese too well...thanx anyways...

8. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Well, in the PS2 version all items that you opponents have can be one by beating them. So just play until you meet a Lion with the backwards cap and win against him. You will win a random item he has that you don't have.

9. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

It works kinda weird, though, cause I beat this Champion Lion today, that had those small yellow sunglasses, and all I got was this total bling bling old people sunglasses. pretty dumb looking. Oh well, I like my Silver Knuckles better than sunglasses!

10. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Wierd. You normally win one item your opponent has that you don't. Maybe you met another condition during that fight and got "awarded" with the ugly ones instead?
    I use the Silver Knuckles instead of glasses as well.

11. Vicious666

Actually, I think I might have been mistaken. The yellow sunglasses are just very weird looking. I'm used to seeing the red glasses that Chibita has on his black clad Lion. I figured the yellow would look like that, but they don't really...

anyway, Silver Knuckles rock! oh, and I just got a stylish Nose Ring...hahaha.

12. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

talk about chibita...
    anyone knows how to get the white hair for Lion??

13. Vicious666

I think it's a certain level item, probably Monarch or something after 10th Dan. Not sure, though.

14. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

You have to collect the 7 spheres to get the white hair.

15. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i have vf4 in jap version..the problem with me is that..i know how to view the items..but i do not know how many sphere i have won..anyone can enlighten me on this?
    thnks

16. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

u can see it on top of ur life bar.... count the number of spheres up there. if u see nothing that means u got 0 /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. Munki

Munki Member

How do you get the silver knuckles? On the page that this thread has listed, I thought (through babelfish) that it required something with a back throw. I tried it and I got a knit hat, not the silver knuckles. Is this one of the items I need the rainbow hat to get?

Oook

18. Vicious666

I honestly don't know. I don't have the rainbow hat, so it's not based on that at all. My guess is throw escapes, ring-outs, etc. There is a thread that talks about common conditions for unlocking items. Do a search for "unlocking items"