1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Import vf3tb vs. U.S vf3tb

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Dec 29, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am considering picking up vf3...My question is are there 2 different versions of the game? A while back next gen. magazine gave the Japanese import 5 stars and recently they gave the U.S version 4 stars. Also reading the reviews posted at dreamcast.net the Japanese version got the higher rating over the U.S version...What gives? Arent Imports identical to the U.S or is the import vf3 the better one?
    Thanks

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You know, there are other resources at this site too, not just the message board.

The short answer is, the US version is better. I don't know why the same magazine rated the US version lower, did they give a reason why? Maybe they expected much more, and were disappointed. Screw them.

The long answer can be found in Astro City, here http://virtuafighter.com/astro/usvf3tbreview.shtml

__
    m y k e
    how ya gonna win when ya ain't right within?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry If this post has already been covered. As you can see Im new to vf scene. I love fighting games and I use to play sf2 and the mk's back in the day. Now Im thinkin about movin on to vf because I heard it requires strategy and not luck. Anyways thanks for the help.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I think the reason that the Japanese version was 5 stars was that it was pre-Soul Calibur software then. Since the US version came afterwards, they downgraded it because the "graphics looked dated" or something stupid like that.