1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

In Current News...

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I guess the latest Sega News of the week is one that's been in the rumor mill for awhile, but is getting pushed stronger and stronger in news. You'll probably find it in magicbox or other gaming news sites by now.

Supposedly, the Dreamcast production in Japan ends in March. Software support continues for another year at least. Sega to make at least 5 games for PS2 and 2 for Game Boy Advance. And that's what I've been hearing. The other stuff seems to be speculatory and added in as backdrop. I'm still not definitely sure what the "official" statement is, though major news sources are said to be claiming that Sega has "officially" announced all of this. Anyways, this is all based on if I understand what I've been reading correctly (hehe always gotta keep in mind the possibilities of misinterpretation and distortion).

Well... if this is true... guess I can only accept it. However, the side of me that has an attachment to the Dreamcast has this to say about the news:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=545633936

Hope I didn't offend anyone or their lifestyle with that last statement/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Oh well

I can understand why it might happen. Software that will generate sales, thus profits for the company.

But for some odd reasons, I refuse to believe what the current news.

If it's official, it will be the biggest news of 2001, so it shouldn't even be a rumor.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'PSO '

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

according to both the Nikkei news service and the
    Nihon Keizai Shimbun sales will halt once the
    current inventory is gone.

GE

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah,it is official.Believe it or not I saw it on my local news today,LoL!Anyway,it totally sucks cause no matter how many truly amazing games Sega made,they got no respect.It kind of reminds me of getting respect in arcade circles,no matter what you do sometimes,they refuse to acknowledge your skill.Ah,maybe it's only a Connecticut problem.Anyway,if you want more info on this Sega problem,check out:

http://www.gamingmatrixonline.com

They have official links about the news,first SNK and Neo Geo (and the Neo Geo Pocket Color before that),now Sega,two amazing legacies gone...

-GohanFan-

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

This is still a rumor there has been no official announcement and SoA has flat out denied it. Anyways I dont care if it does turn out to be true as long as they make games I will buy whatever system they make them for.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/technology/tech-japan-sega-dc.html

Not officially confirmed...but it certainly looks to be more than a mere rumor. At least, that's what investors seem to think. Anyway, I agree...so long as they make the games for somebody, I'm happy. And besides, we got the one game for the dreamcast we all cared about, right? :)

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

no it's not official yet

there's two issues to the news....

a)sega does games for others
    b)sega gives up on DC altogether

so far, (A) looks like it might turn into gold...

SOA denying the rumor, that's official.
    SOJ have stated they are in negotiations to develop 5 games for ps2 n 2 for GBA.

So. nothing it confirmed yet.

The reason why i felt there is a second issue is due to all those ' OH YEAH SEGA IS GONE' lovers out there. Either that, or some very smart journalist is gonna take it the wrong way altogether n influence his readers, which incidentally, has happened already. (just as i read somewhere stating that Sega might be into X-box and quite possibly bring VF-X to them since the DC is too pissweak)
    Now where do they get these fucking fantasies?

So no, Sega is not gone yet.
    Just making some 'news breaking' changes to ensure some cash comes their way.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'PSO '<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 1/24/01 06:48 PM.</FONT></P>

8. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member