1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

In desperate need of Chicago VF's.........

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by egghead64, Apr 9, 2002.

1. egghead64

egghead64 Member

Whattup to all my Chi-town VF's out there, the only trouble is that you all are non-existant, or I'm just lookin' in the wrong damn spot. IN DIRE NEED OF COMPETITION!!!! I can't go a block without somebody bringing up Tekken instead, don't get me wrong, I like Tekken also, but I'm ready to move on from that, get back at me.

2. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Cool same here,,
    I think once the rest of the chi clan gets back into town we'll get something going.
    Right now i'm up for some battle when every you'd like......
    email me ..
    also readily available is
    Me (aoi, jeff)
    Lee (lion)
    Shota (jacky,lion,akira,kage)
    Ed, ? (shun, lion)

email me, we'll get something going home version preferably since we never got a final version...

later,

lick-stino

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehe, I've said this at a variety of other places too... but you guys should setup another Chicago Gathering! hehehehehe

A handful of players with some notorious ones from previous VFs + Chicago Pizza + some crazy personalities...

I guess I'm just hoping there will be a handful of VF gatherings this summer... though two definitive ones in the US would be good. I understand too many gatherings might spread everything thin though, possibly.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to visit Chicago again/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

4. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

>Shota (jacky,lion,akira,kage)

Wrong. It should be "Shota (LAU)", since the later days of 3tb. And add Kageh (Jacky) to the list especially when he is back in town.

Nonetheless, I do welcome any form of competition. I'm usually available during weekends, as long as you let me know in advance. Send me an email or PM if you're interested in meeting up.

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Hey,,,
    when did you get back in town??? still very busy???
    Anyway sorry forgot about your f+p, p Lau...
    painful,,
    We should try to plan something for some weekend soon, just to practice on PS2, do you have one??
    Just got a big screen in my basebent and would love to see vf on it,, gotta tell my cousin to bring it over...
    Anyway, Hope to play you soon,,,

cock-stino

6. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

Yeah, I definitely started focusing on Jacky with a little Sarah on the side. I play Andy when I'm free on the weekends and he's using Wolf and Vannesa.

Tommorow is e6. Time to show those foos how to play vf4. ha ha. jk.

Hopefully I'll be working over the summer, but will still be free weekends to throw down. We should try to get everyone together to play more often during that time.

7. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Omaha will see you at E6 Kageh:)

8. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

yeah, that is a surprise after shota told me.. Jacky was one of the last people i thought you'd try..
    2 quick questions...
    1) is that pary he does automatic, just him standing???
    2) how is andy, havnt talked to him in ages.. Is he planning come back with you for a bit????

Later punk,

ball-stino

9. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

Sup, Faust.

Yeah, I saw videos of Jacky on this forum and really like the way he moves. I like trying to make him as flashy as possible.

Shota won the vf4 tourney at e6. ha ha. No surprise there. We met some cool peeps from St. Louis that Mike "Sumeragi" trained in the ways of VF. They were pretty good. Knocked me out of the tournament.

Omaha crew was there also. Finally saw Jason and Troy again after like 5 years. Holy shit. Had a blast just playing around after the tournament. LonelyFighter has an evil Shun. I hate that old man. Not as evil as my "dark side" though. ha ha. Great games, guys.

As for your questions...

1) Yeah, just stand there neutral without doing anything and it stops punch attacks. I love that move.

2) Andy is doing ok. Still working his ass off. I'm sure he'll make his way up to Chicago as much as he can over the summer. Especially if we manage to organize any gatherings there or elsewhere.

Peace.

10. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Active Member

Sup guys. How's it going faust. I see your name on AIM every now and then, but it must be your sister or someone...
    Yep, busy busy. But who knows what the future holds. I'll definitely drop by for a weekend or two during the summer. We'll see what happens. But definitely let me know if you're planning anything.

11. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

You punks,,
    I didn't know you guys were heading out there...
    Well was a busy week for me anyway, but I'm definately going to the next outing, be sure to email me on it, and tell shota to email me on it also, so i know if he'd go to the next one...
    Especially if its out west, i'm dying to go out there, San Fran area..

Andy, hope to play your wolf, i usually have the most fun against wolf for some reason, still...

I'm looking to playing someone soon..

later,,

pew -stino

12. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Shota, Reiji, Harold: This is Tim from E6, I will be heading out to Chicago next weekend and I was wondering if any of you or the chi-town crew are up for some VF4? I know I will probably get a proper beat down, but I'm in it to learn from the experience. I have kinda given up the idea of winning as a priority. Anyway, if your free pm me back or just post before next weekend.
    Cya /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Shouji

Shouji Member

..Whoa. There is a Chicago-based thread. Took me a while to find it, but low-and-behold, here it is. Amazing.

Moving on to business, I now amazingly play this game. After the E6 gathering where I and stong black brotha-Panther were having some very interesting Sarah² matches, I bought the game when I got back into town.

Imagine that. Me. Playing and actually liking a VF game. I must be a clone from the N.E.S.T.S cartel because that doesn't sound like me. *cough* Anywoo..

Kageh, if you touch my Sarah and taint her with your unorthodox-style of bullshit, I will have no choice but to hit you. Hard. And twice.
    And get my damn Advance VG 2.

That is all. =)

..Metsu!

14. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

You LIKE vf? What have you done with the real Khris, imposter!?

As for that "unorthodox-style of bullshit" comment... I'll take that as a compliment. =)

You should hook up with Shota and play against Reiji's Sarah. He knows a bunch of cheap tricks with her. Well, more like a couple, but he got 3rd place at e6 with those. ha ha. ;D

Advance VG 2... nothing but Cels on ebay. Give me the link if you find one up.

15. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

As for that "unorthodox-style of bullshit" comment...

Well, in my opinion, it's your "orthodox bullshit" that sucks.

You should hook up with Shota and play against Reiji's Sarah. He knows a bunch of cheap tricks with her. Well, more like a couple, but he got 3rd place at e6 with those. ha ha. ;D

Going with tradition, I taught Reiji all those stuff that "works". But he also found quite a few stuff on his own, so he's been a good student.

Khris, I'm only glad that you finally saw a light and are getting out of the dark side (read: T*kken4). We're usually available during the weekend. Let me know if you want to meet up. I can pick you up at Rosemont station as always.

...as long as you're not 1 hour late getting there.

16. Shouji

Shouji Member

First and foremost to Kageh ...
    "Bitch im'ma kill you."
    ..And I'll try and get that link.

And now to sta783 ...
    After long studies and tests that I've gone through to analyze Tekken 4, seeing that the game revolves around Paul's JF and Jin's Laser Scraper (with a hin of Julia 1,1,1 and elbow), I've decided that E6 was my last tournament. Sure, I'll buy T4 when it comes to the States and even play people, but I'm through with the tournies. Unless it's to go downstate to Normal or Champaign. But that's another story.
    I've dedicated my self to 2D, but since VF4 is virtually new, I'm learning how to play that. Until SC2 comes out. Which in case I hope is soon. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I'll see when we can hook up so you can kick my ass in it. I've only just started to play it "hardcore" since E6 and still working on Sarah. Swapping things with the aforementioned "Panther" I met from Iowa. He said he might come up here since where he is gets NO competition. He'll write me and see.
    ..Back to playing SF3:TS. I have a tourney in that tomorrow. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh, and the "Shouji" I use is "victory time." Not the damn paper door. :mad:

..Metsu!

17. Shouji

Shouji Member

Well I see this board is NEVER used more than once in a blue moon. Could it be that Tekken 4 >>>> VF4 now? Inquiring minds wanna know.

And I have a SF3 tourney tomorrow. Wish me luck, assholes. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

..God the smilies on this board suck ass.

..Metsu!