1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

In Singapore April 14-16

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Apr 2, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm not 100% sure what time I would be able to go down to Bugis, but it's due to good news...got an offer today (yay) and will be meeting some ppl for drinks to talk about $$$. =) And I have dinner after with family so timing could be tricky, but I'll try to make it lah, and I'll post when my schedule is definite.

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

so u gonna work in singapore?

3. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

lucky for you..i am still waiting impatiently for the game to come to Jurong Pt (10 minutes walk from my home).
    Can you imagine? 3 arcade centres in a shopping complex...and yet not a single Virtua fighting game... and they have way too many Virtua Soccer machines.
    Makes me wonder if the VIrtua Soccer game is too affordable or if the Vf4 game is too ex.

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

hehehe. ok lar ginza got 2 arcades. 1 got vf4 /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Just go to bugis lor got pple go there mah. although i still prefer AMK! /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

5. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

I agree with you cos AMK is the best place to be in. Lots of delicious and cheap food.

Think about this :
    You just won 30 matches against challengers with the 2nd player side. Then you decided that you are very lucky that day so wanted to try your luck at 4D(0230).
    In Bugis, don't remember got any place to buy 4D.
    In AMK, boy you are in luck cos you can buy 4D within walking distance.
    Guess what?
    0230 came out on that day and you will be glad that you played in AMK that day. Then you treat every VFers to dinner and all will be happy liao.
    So go to AMK only on WED, SAT & SUN.

Sorry, but hope that this post brightens up your day. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Why only wed, sat and sun?

And think abt this:
    If you just lost 30 matches and you need to vent your anger, you can go market eat loads of food until you can vomit for nearly HALF the price of bugis food /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

0230...is that number of any significance to you..it sounds familiar ..and guess what...
    this 4D happens to be the last 4 digits of my office line.6***0230. Too much of a coincidence...if you had placed the bet with me, you probably might have won my $. Heh.

8. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hm.....

Looks like you never buy 4D cos only WED, SAT & SUN got. But you can still buy 4D everyday only thing is you cannot treat us to dinner.

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

oh ya horz, i don't buy 4D /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

1800 means ALOT TO ME!!!!!!! It's off work hour /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Argh! Ginza? I will pop down from NUS.

11. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

yapo ginza plaza! the basement floor! the machine looks funky. they got tekken4 there too. Surprising huh? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

i believe thats the exact same place where i was first introduced to my first Vf2 game.
    was so fascinated by the game that i could not sleep,eat,study and date without thinking about it...
    how could i imagine at that time, one day, the 4th series of game would be available in my room. Haii...time flies....old liao old liao...

13. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

oh yah.forgot about this..
    for all you who knows Kenneth. He plays Lei Fei and Lau.
    He is in Taiwan now, and before he left, he told me to tell you guys that he will be there to challange the taiwanese vfers and babes.
    Then, he will come back with reports on their standards.

14. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Last time i went there during VF2 days once. Got 1 big machine there.

I went there becos i met a guy in C&C. He say there got akira 'shen'. Went there he eat my spod until he don't play liaoz. Wasted my time cos there damn far /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

15. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

I intro'd Eric to the game at Ginza. He was still in Sec 3. That time was VF1. The Akira "shen" was an VF1 master. Dropped out of the scene since VF2. In fact, never got around to play VF2. So I guess the person you played against wasn't him. BTW, in the VF2 days Joe Augustine can be seen hovering around there looking at us play /versus/images/icons/smile.gif He is quite a vidgame fan. People at RCS say he like Star Wars X-Wing Fighter. Force was strong with him /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Yeahlow! There're places selling 4D within walking distance.
    to wilson: The market where i help out at my grandmother's stall sells lots of cheap and good food! They close ard 8pm so be there a little early for cheap food.

17. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

anyone going bugis today?? Is the machine fixed yet else only one machine. Go AMK better.

18. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

still 1 machine lor /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

danny ah, ur grandma work at AMK market(which store)?

BTW, wo lian chen kai shi wu kong liaoz..... My lion's dodging improve liaoz. Plus i got new backstagger ahem /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    it's a surprise i don't say too much better /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

like SHIT!!!! ah ur lion!!!! Don worry me will tell denny!!!!

20. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

His Lion really can dodge like crazy /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Good followup, either D,f+P or D,f+P+G. Need to practise that on my own. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

SG-Lion