1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

In Singapore April 14-16

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by ice-9, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

Piang, I never come in only for a day or two, so many posts liao....
    Hopefully, Kenneth got take photos also.... /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif See Chio Bus ah !!!

Shoot, I'm seriously considering buying a PS2... /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Must "ren"!!!

2. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

ERMM!!! Not that one larz! IMPROVED VERSION!!!!!!!!! now i super liaoz. Danny saw my sucky version. now improved like siaoz HEHEHEH! i found new technique WOOHOOO. Wah today so happieeeeeee. Only me and a attachment guy here. 0 STAFF and the staff not coming back lol!!!!!

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

oh ya alan.... depending on my level of tireness i might go to the arcades. i am damn tired after 3 days straight of arcade and little sleep. I play like sai now cos cannot think properly .

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

go AMK lah, easier to go home from there.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

anything lor but if u vs me = home ps2 better ......

6. 22222

22222 Active Member

wah liao....shundi ...now har......is abt 50 plus to 60 plus lehz...so ex..increase until so much..haiiiz....anyway me taking private lessons loh...hopefully can pass without any problem...haha...anyway genie47 u a stuDent at nus??????????? or working there??

7. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

so got people going anywhere or not? bugis amk? like that I stay and work

8. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i not going i thinkz. i wanna go home sleep. i just slept 1 hr+ in office hehe

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm... So wat do you do? Still hop over your downed opponent? I know lets say you can manage to hop over your opponent high rising kick, TT kick-> b,f+p+k,pp does decent damage. Or you use b+p+k+g to dodge low rising kick then do elbow for back stagger? Hard to get though...

Anyway, the 4D and my ah Ma stall thing was refering to Bugis not ang mo kio.

Zhifeng's shundi went to bi kuan xiu lian, Now his Tian Chan Jiao(b+k+g) super powerful. Does it all the time after i tech roll or do rising kicks. Super safe, super easy to MC the rising kicks, super AH GUA! :p~~~~~~

10. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Or you use b+p+k+g to dodge low rising kick then do elbow for back stagger? Hard to get though...

<hr></blockquote>

half right hhehe. still training though. cos i always press wrong move.

Next time i meet zhifeng i will DODGE his b+k+g. Everytime tio hit even after i dodge. SUPER CHEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

11. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Sure tio one. Kick so many kicks, move back some more. F@*K man!

12. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

just thought of this.... Can kage's sonic roll or catapault 'qie' his b+k+g?! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

those who got my hp number hor, don't try to phone it thx. Cos it's my mum's phone I borrowed it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    I only take it out when I am going to meet pple. I returned it to her liaoz. So if u call now probably my mum will pick up hhehehe

14. Freud

Freud Well-Known Member

Whether we will call or not..will depend whether you have been a good boy to us or not. hehehehe...
    >)

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't come down that day. By the time I was out of my family dinner it was 9 pm already. BUT, the good news is that I may very well end up in Singapore full time after graduation, so there could be plenty of future bouts.

Thanks to everyone who went out to Bugis to play with me, and sorry once again for not making it on Tuesday!

16. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Hi!

Hope to hear from you soon. A pity cos we didn't have a chance to play in Version C. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Take care /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif "Look at my picture before my mule kick hit you in your face!" /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

CPF!?!?

Hey Zhifeng, no problem, I'm sure we'll have another chance soon!

Actually, I have a off-topic question for all you Singaporeans...

OK, how exactly does CPF work? I've searched the Net but haven't found anything specific...I realize that it's basically Singapore's social security system. Every month the employee and employer makes contributions to the employee's CPF, which accumulates until the employee can withdraw from it at age 55.

My question is, what are the percentages that are taken out into the CPF? What is the percentage amount that the employer contributes? When a salary is quoted, does that usually include the amount to be taken away into CPF? And does the employer contribute a percentage of that quoted amount, or does the quoted amount already included that contribution?

For example, let's say someone's salary is 100K. If the employer is supposed to contribute 20%, and the employee 15%, (I'm not sure about these numbers) does that mean the employee takes home 85K and the CPF has 35K? Or does the employee take home only 65K and the CPF has 35K? Or is it something else entirely? Help guys!

P.S. Also, is CPF determined from just base pay, or is it total compensation?

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: CPF!?!?

For example, let's say someone's salary is 100K. If the employer is supposed to contribute 20%, and the employee 15%, (I'm not sure about these numbers) does that mean the employee takes home 85K and the CPF has 35K? Or does the employee take home only 65K and the CPF has 35K? Or is it something else entirely? Help guys!

If it's 100K, and CPF is 15% (I dunno what the number is now, it used to be 20%, but it might be less now... hell I haven't worked in Singapore apart from one summer back in 1997)... then take home is 85K but your CPF account is 35K (depends on how much the co. has to contribute to the plan, normally I think it mirrors employee contribution). It's similar to a defined contribution to a Roth IRA in the US, somewhat.

You cannot touch the CPF until 55 or 60 (I forget), but you can use it to make certain investments -- in a house / condo / flat, in blue chips, etc. Also, CPF will be assessed on both base pay and bonus, I think.

SG people -- If I'm wrong on any of these counts, please feel free to correct me! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif