1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Increasing your ranking

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by FRDrizzt, May 9, 2002.

1. FRDrizzt

FRDrizzt New Member

Can you increase your ranking (up around subjugator, when you need to fight people of your own rank) by copying your file to a new save and destroying the copy in vs mode? I fought for over an hour and didn't find 10 subjugators yet. Also, can you do that to get the "balls" on top of your health bar? Thanks

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

You can't fight your own copy, but if you're willing to spend the time, you can get to High King using 2 characters and their copies in less than 275 matches total. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif For example, you're at 5th Dan...
    Character A beats character B's copy 5 times, moves up to 6th Dan
    Character B beats character A's copy 5 times, moves up to 6th Dan
    Copies are deleted and remade at 6th Dan
    Wash, rinse, repeat. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

You do know that the 10 wins doesn't have to be in one seating right ? You could beat 5 subjugators, get lunch, and beat 5 more and you rise a rank. The only thing is you can't lose to a subjugator during your streak.

Hope you understand what I typed. Rankings and win ratio don't matter to me any more, they don't represent your skillz. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thats goddamn tweaking!!!
    :)

5. HuangSiKwan

HuangSiKwan Member

Hey Robyrt, is that to say that you can advance rankings in VS mode? My Kage has been stuck at Stormlord for God knows how long. I can hardly ever get Stormlords. And all the High Kings I fight now don't have any spheres!?!

6. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Yes, yes you can. The main use for this is for tourny matches (so if you're all in the lord rankings, you have some extra tension), but you can use it in a slightly less cheating manner to level up to 1st Dan in five minutes against your other saved character.

7. HuangSiKwan

HuangSiKwan Member

Can any of you guys tell me why I can't win items off of a "dummy" character that I made up. I missed some items going thru the first time, and my dummy has them (2nd Dan). I beat him in vs. and get nothing. If I win with him against my Stormlord, he can win the orbs and other items... what gives?!?

8. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I have a pretty cheap technique to duplicate spheres
    -In VS mode Select a character who owns spheres
    -Put your mem card in slot 2 and Select another char (the one you want to obtain new sphreres)
    -Have the second char beat the first one in order to steal his spheres
    -Quit vs mode when you have won all the spheres you wanted, and when the game ask if u want to save data for player one , answer NO and continue WITHOUT saving.
    -save the data of the second character

Voila!!Your first character hasn't lost his spheres and your second one has obtained new ones.

9. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

damn cheaters, be a real man and fight honest!

10. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

yeh i finally found the bitch who had kage's spiked arm brace yes not sharp arm brace spiked arm brace the faq has it wrong and when i fought him against my high king kage havin him win my high king didnt get the item so i tried again still nothin the fuck is up wit this?

11. CrYingCHoCoBo

CrYingCHoCoBo Well-Known Member

the easy way, is to just cancel the game and re-enter kumite until you find someone that is a subjugator, or stormlord or whatever, which shouldn't take more than 4 resets max

as for the Kage player who is having trouble getting that prize from the other Kage player, there are two arm braces, Spiked and Jagged or something like that, perhaps you have the one that he has, one has more spikes around it, the other has less spikes and they are spaced farther.

the only reason you can't win an item from someone who's the same character as yourself is if you've got that item yourself

you might have the same brace, however, it might LOOK different depending on which outfit you're wearing...

12. Chibitox

damn cheaters, be a real man and fight honest!

You know, wining spheres can be a real pain in the A*** ,not that Kumite Mode is too difficult but this week-end I fought around 200/300 fights with my Akira and encountered only one or two opponents owning spheres , whereas I got all 7 spheres with my Jeff in less than 100 matches after being a champion.

13. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

i dont have the spiked arm barce wit my high king kage but my lower ranked one has it so i try stealin it from him on both kostumes still dont get it y?????????

14. HuangSiKwan

HuangSiKwan Member

I've been trying to pick up some of the items I missed from my other (lower ranked) Kage, and I just can't do it. I know the items are not in common, and I make sure that my lower Kage is outfitted with them... what gives? Anybody?

15. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

You know, wining spheres can be a real pain in the A*** ,not that Kumite Mode is too difficult but this week-end I fought around 200/300 fights with my Akira and encountered only one or two opponents owning spheres

<hr></blockquote>

You need 3 wins streak to face High King opponent (six after defeating Dural) - everyone of them hold one sphere.

About Kage: have anyone got Short Sword? I have all his items...except this one. I didn't notice any Kumite opponent, who has this item...

16. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I fought too about 200 matches the last 3 days. and I have got 17 spheres. besides that, if you gain in ranking you will fight High Kings more. so you will get easily your 7 spheres.
    I love the yuki fightschool sign. it is an awesome item!
    I only have problems at the moment with the emperor Dural. what a fucking bitch to kill with Akira. with Lau Chan I had zero problems but with akira it is difficult, but I will get him sooner or later :)

practise makes perfect :)

17. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

besides that, if you gain in ranking you will fight High Kings more.

<hr></blockquote>

That's not true. You will face High King player every 3 wins streak (6 after defeating Dural) - this rule is independent from ranks.

18. Chibitox

You need 3 wins streak to face High King opponent (six after defeating Dural) - everyone of them hold one sphere.

<hr></blockquote>

It's true that u fight high kings every 6 wins streak but it's not true that they ALWAYS own spheres.

For example, yesterday I played with my Akira (War God, with 6 spheres, already met Dural twice, beat her once).I won 6 matches in a row and met a high king Jacky with no spheres, at 12 and 18 wins I met others High king (including another jacky) , no spheres either.
    I don't know the reason why they hadn't got spheres, probably because I had stolen theirs before, but I don't remember.

Anyway, Kali, do you know if the CPU keeps track of whose spheres u stole, even after turning off the PS2? I'm pretty sure it does, as today I fought an Akira with a green stone (the one with the blue bandanna) and he wasn't High king so I assume he stole it to me a while ago.
    I'm still playing with the JAP version.Do u know if there are any differences concerning the way to obtain spheres between the Jap and the other versions.

19. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

It's true that u fight high kings every 6 wins streak but it's not true that they ALWAYS own spheres.

<hr></blockquote>

No, you're wrong. Before you start to fight with High Kings, everyone of them have his own sphere (always with the same color...). I've checked this for all my characters (every one is High King already) - Jacky, Lau, Kage, Vanessa, Wolf and Sarah.

For example, yesterday I played with my Akira (War God, with 6 spheres, already met Dural twice, beat her once).I won 6 matches in a row and met a high king Jacky with no spheres, at 12 and 18 wins I met others High king (including another jacky) , no spheres either.
    I don't know the reason why they hadn't got spheres, probably because I had stolen theirs before, but I don't remember.

<hr></blockquote>

Of course they don't have spheres because of..you /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

Anyway, Kali, do you know if the CPU keeps track of whose spheres u stole, even after turning off the PS2? I'm pretty sure it does, as today I fought an Akira with a green stone (the one with the blue bandanna) and he wasn't High king so I assume he stole it to me a while ago.
    I'm still playing with the JAP version.Do u know if there are any differences concerning the way to obtain spheres between the Jap and the other versions.

<hr></blockquote>

Yes, you're absolutely right: CPU keeps track of whose spheres you stole. More than that, it traks every one sphere in the game, so if you lose your Crimson sphere to Lion named "Rich Kid" at Subjugator rank save and turn the power off, when you back to the game and you meet Lion "Rich Kid" at Subjugator rank, he'll have the Crimson Sphere. The same appy for winnig/losing 100 Wins Item.

I've never heard of any differences between USA/NTSC and JAP/NTSC versions concerning the way to obtain spheres

20. Chibitox

OK thanks for all the info, it helps a lot.
    Actually, the two of us were right but we weren't talking about the same thing, you were talking about the first time u meet high kings and I was talking more generally.
    Anyway thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.