1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Info abt VF4 Ver C

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by SummAh, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

The problem with Akira IMHO is not the shrm and double palm, but the reversals. Block a knee and you have plenty of options, but R-MTE puts a serious hole in characters without a good throw game (say Shun).

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Anyone who thinks otherwise...

...doesn't have their head up their ass.

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

sigh....

I never said that will make Akira less potent. Since when did I say that? What I AM TRYING TO SAY is that other characters are just as potent cuz you DO NOT need 20 moves to be a "potent" character... sigh... I assume when you call Akira a "pig??" you meant Akira is overpowered compared to the rest... unless the whole VF4 game is populated by swine...

>Oh, I dunno, maybe ESCAPE THE FUCKING THROW?!@??@ Wow! "Lookee maw! He done gone escaped my arm-twirl!!" WTF, dude

sigh.... if you read my post properly, the throw is to punish high block. Can you read?? There are other moves to deal with throw escapes... it is hard to argue if the other guy cannot read. If you read my post in the context, I was trying very patiently to explain to you what Wolf/Akira can do if they anticipate the opponent's moves. For opponent blocking high, Wolf can throw. Then what can Akira do? (ie what can Akira do if he anticipates a high block)... sigh... I feel like an elementary school teacher...

For punishing low moves, Shrm on minor counter is not very damaging unless you are REALLY light. In fact it is highly likely to do LESS damage than Wolf's low throw pounce. Okay it is not escapebable but the damage is definately less. If opponent break throw, Wolf can try for MC knee.

Actually, my Wolf level is not very good but I have watched some of the Japanese movies where Wolf can Low throw in some surprising situations. Wolf's low throw is DEFINATELY very useful.

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Can you read?? If you read my post in the context

Can you write?! If you had written it better, maybe I would have understood. Don't fucking blame me for your own mistake, you fucking ass.

Ok, as far as guaranteed mC tools - Yes, Akira's throw options are not as damaging as Wolf's, but they're hardly crap. The throws ending with f+P+G,df+P+G,d+P+G are all decently damaging - df+P+G plus df+P does more than a fucking giant swing with TR, for fuck's sake. His b,f+P can mC many moves, follow with AS3 for acceptable damage. And even up against someone using basic option-select Akira still has plenty of options. f or d+P+G to deal with GDTE, or just plain guarding. Excellent FC moves to press the initiative after blocking moves and deal with EDTE, etc. Akira ain't suffering in the mC department by a long shot.

5. alucard

alucard Well-Known Member

Akira's d/b,f+p+g and b,f+p+g are both TRable, so they
    can't do much guaranteed damage.
    I don't think anything is guaranteed after his ST throw,
    no?

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Apparently (looking at the Daioh clips), ST -- single palm -- double palm *seems* to be guaranteed...

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Shinz got out of ST - sgpm -dbpm once but it may have been a fluke or bad execution. It makes for a decent throw.
    I'm not sure about the guaranteed-ness, but maybe ST - sgpm - AS3 is a decent followup?

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

What? Doesn't the single palm after ST merely stun the opponent, but not knock down? Can AS3 work in that scenario?

9. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Creed, do you mean standing pm- as3? If so, the b,f+P is struggleable.

I'm not sure if the SglPm is struggleable after b,d+P+G. I know that SDE is...

Spotlite

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the single palm is guaranteed after the stumble throw (much like the rolling single palm or double palm after Akira's SE is guaranteed)... not sure whether the double palm that the Daioh guys tag on after is guaranteed, though it sure looks like it.

11. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Funny, I just replied to Howe about that a second ago. I really dont think the single palm into double palm is a combo. Although single palm does require some major struggling to get out of after the ST (nor have I seen it happen).
    As for ST - sglplm - Fujin, man, I been trying...

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I did in fact mean b,f+P.
    The sgpm after ST probably isn't strugglable because it's a canned followup, like the canned double palm after a surprise exchange..

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the single palm being canned...but ST -> D,f+P -> D,b,f+P is a true combo (unless the ST is escaped), unlike Lau's ST -> b,f+P -> whatever.

14. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    What? Doesn't the single palm after ST merely stun the opponent, but not knock down? Can AS3 work in that scenario?

Err, that's what I was thinking too. What are people smoking these days?

SgPm after the ST does not knockdown. For fun, you can do repeated m-SgPms, the opponent is never knocked down, but I don't think it's a true combo (it'd be sick if it were). As for SgPm - DbPm combos, you can do these anytime a SgPm hits, not just after the ST, and looks like a true combo for my money.

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Single palm -- double palm is a true combo always? Hmm... interesting.

How do you escape Lau's ST -- b,f+P...?

16. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I think the confusion here is people saying Single Palm when they mean the b,f+P, not the D,f+P. Creed verified that's what he meant, at least.

But, the b,f+P after ST is struggleable, as it is after f or d+P+G; whereas it seems like the D,f+P is not.

Chris, I tried rolling the Single Palm after the SE over and over again against the CPU today, and it guarded nearly every time. Is it really guaranteed?

Spotlite

17. Howe

Howe Member

If Single palm hits a standing oppo, a Dbl palm confirms? I tried this but sometimes it does turn out perfect... Could it be timing? Anyone can advice me?

18. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

I used to think that too. The single palm is guaranteed. However, the struggle stick shows up after it hits and I've had Johnson block the DbPm a number of times.

19. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

How do you escape Lau's ST -- b,f+P...?

Do *nothing*. Don't struggle. Don't block. Just let your character get up. Kinda like muteki in VF2. :)

20. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You're too slow! I'm pretty sure it's a combo done right...