1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Inputs and commands

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by ashstampede, Jul 7, 2012.

1. ashstampede

ashstampede Member

(Buzzsaw Kick) [P]+[K],[P] on counter JF [P]+[G] does that only occur on major counter hit? I was testing on the computer trying to get the timing to do that on reaction on counter hit so i was trying :p: ~G, then [P]+[K],[P] JF [P]+[G] with the CPU set at state 5. I cannot get the JF [P]+[G] but i notice i am -1 on the counter hit from that setup. But if I do it solo [P]+[K],[P] JF [P]+[G] that gives me +10. SO the [P]+[G] is just a standard throw that can be tack on from counter of the [P]+[K],[P] even though its listed as its own move in the command list it cant be done if the frames for a throw (10f) isn't available? or Is it just my timing is wrong when i attempt :p: ~G, then [P]+[K],[P] JF [P]+[G]

Secondly What are the inputs for jeffry wakeup headbutt and slide leg tackle i get it in matches but i am mashing so i want to know the exact inputs

EDIT:
    ok i realize the head tackle low and mid is when you are face down, but what about the leg slide take down
    thanks

2. Koompbala

Koompbala Member

I would forget about buzzsaw kick cause as far as I know it can only be done during +10. Which requires quite a bit delay and your delaying a high attack which can be interrupted at any point in time. Although Kamais did say he has used it before and its been useful at times don't know if that's changed or not. All his other moves that require timing is definitely worth it though.

As far as the second question I believe your talking about when your positioned face down, legs facing opponent. Which if I remember correctly that crap is -15. I was gonna do the frame data for all special wake ups to see if they were the same frames for everyone but haven't got around to it.

3. ashstampede

ashstampede Member

ok you have now opened up more questions.

When you say moves with timing you are referring to his moves that have just frame inputs on hit and not things like [2][K] [2][3][6][P]+[G] which is that guarantee follow up?

you are saying you delay buzzsaw to get the +10. is that why it doesnt work after [P]~[G] but does when you do it raw? i though it would be useful as [P]+[K] is fast so if you got the ch to go into the buzzsaw.

4. Koompbala

Koompbala Member

Thats alright more questions is fine but in my opninion I would rate Buzzsaw the worst one out of all his timed moves. I would most definitely rate 2K 236P+G better. Simply because of a strat Stl Tm showed me in Vanilla. Sure the timing to 2K splash mountain is slow but you can do 2K on hit back dash input 236P+G and SM would still come out. Its a vacuum grab just sucks them right back into Jeffry's caring arms.

So this is good against people who don't attack at disadvantage. It also works against some pokes while yeah attacks nullify SM. Since you back dash you are out of the way of the poke and there poke brings them in for you to whiff punish with a 426P+G so the back breaker.

In training pick Jeffry vs Jeffry then record doing 2K 44 236P+G and when the computer hits you at max distance with 2k throw out a single K and see what happens. But then a smart play would be breaking 6 just in case the back breaker does reach.

To get the +10 yeah you need to delay so it doesn't count as a natural string but separate hits. Ive done that move once in cmd training and thats it. I dont use at all to comment to much on it.

5. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    [P][+][K], [P] - if the first hit connects on counter hit doesn't make the second hit register as a counter hit as well, only as a normal hit. So buzzsaw can't execute from that.

6. ashstampede

ashstampede Member

so i take it in cmd training when the moves comes up the settings is register all hits as counter, and the reason it work when i just did it in training was because CPU was at state 5 and it will attempt to attack after each hit so the 2nd hit became a counter as well. They need to clarify things like that.

I will try that backdash setup you noted koompbala as i couldnt get higher ranking players with it as they knew to always jab and it wasn't like i always go for it.

thanks for the replies, i'm still trying to build my VF foundation but I want to get my options down to break there guards as i don't think my pressure is fierce enough

7. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    yeah you seem to understand the mechanics now