1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Insert Witty Tourney Name Here results (3/1, Chas, SC)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Icege, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Icege

Icege Member

EDIT: Added 4th and 5th places

For results/props/shout outs for the Capcom games at the tourney, goto SRK. For the Tekken series, goto TZ.

VF4:
    1st: Iron_Monkey_Fist (Orlando, FL)
    2nd: Cappo (Orlando, FL)
    3rd: Jerky (Boston, MA)
    4th: Srider (Tennessee)
    5th: stompoutloud (Orlando, FL)
    5th: Jedi (Orlando, FL)

2. krayzeejl

krayzeejl Well-Known Member

it was so fun getting to play everyone here! I really wish the weather wasnt so bad and the others could have made it also to play, maybe someday soon (TiT) but anyways...

FL crew: you guys are awesome... all I can say is WOW I learned a lot from everyone!!! and it was great getting to finally meet everyone!!! ps-Cappo - dude u got some crazy pai skillz!! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerky: man you got a hardcore Jacky and Lion!! I learned a lot of crazy stuff for Jacky now... and I'm totally gonna work on escaping those throws!!!

all in all everything went smooth!! hopefully if we hold another tourney everyone can make it!!! also I think dave will be putting the movies up sometime...

3. Icege

Icege Member

Wee! Props time!

krayzeeJL & Srider: Glad ya'll made it bo! Srider, thanks for letting me use your stick. Sorry if I tained it with my scrubness /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Krayzee, a million thanks for running the brackets and gathering up the players. This wouldn't have happened without you. I appreciate you trying to get me into VF4 now. You were tearing it up Friday night!

Team Hydra: It was a priviledge to have some of, if not the best Virtua Fighter 4 players in the country. Meeting and watching ya'll play made me want to learn the game even more. Cappo & IMF, those finals were nuckin futz. Crazy Pai vs. Kage stuff. Can't wait for the vids. I don't even have a full understanding of the game yet and I was blown away. Stomp and Jedi, thanks for the ass cutting. Made me feel like I was 2yrs old again catching the belt again (or in the case of being 11 and catching the car antennae /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

Jerky: Dude... all the way from Boston... yikes. Hella cool meeting ya, and hella glad you could join us at the after party. You even got Kevin wanting to play VF4 now! I promise that next time we have another tournament, that not only will Kevin will be trying to emulate your Jacky, I'll do more then 2K,P, 270 throw with Vanessa /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Ahhhh....my arch-rival IMF came out on top. I wish I was there to prevent that. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif /versus/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners. Get ready for TIT people!!!

5. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Re: Zippo Tourney 3/1 in Chas, SC (aww Crikey!)

Thanks for hosting VF we had a blast Jesus, err I mean Josh. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

...now it's time to... *praise* you /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

imf: good show. i was no match.

cappo: strong player all around. i hate pai, and now i'll have nightmares about 270.

jedi: you could have done better. i dont believe the hype. see you next time.

stomp: always the great guy to be around. db k,k is evil and you knew i wasnt used to it. good job.

krayzeej: thanks for playing, YOU'RE NOT A SCRUB! LIAR!. and also great job in T4! I have that Kuma and Jin replay!!

Srider: what would i have done without you! you and i were vultures waiting for a chance to snatch an unused television for VF! lol nice Lau!

I love each opportunity I get to play with everyone in this game. The scene is seeing its brighter days and I hope people don't let petty issues get in between setting up more events for VF. Big thanks goes out to anyone out there that enjoys playing. Peace.

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I scanned in the bracket for the tourney and posted them up.

Look at it here .

Things to note:
    IMF made it all the way without losing.
    Both me and Jerky had to play Cappo twice, and he eliminated both of us. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm working on capping the videos we saved. We only saved the videos for the top three spots, but everyone played very very well, and all the matches were intense! I regret not saving all of them.... Sorry about that guys. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll make a post about the vids in media once I got them all done.

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

imf vs. stomp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cappo, Jedi, imf, ninjinsan, krazyj, stompoutloud, Jerky

[​IMG]

(Jerky vs. Jedi)

[​IMG]

cappo thinking about how many time he can 270 throw jerky.

[​IMG]

ninjinsan vs jerky

8. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

Awww yea, look at Stephen dishing out the pad ownage.

9. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Thanks Jake. More to come.

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

/me thinks to himself.....

Was Stomp talking shit?!??!?... /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Stomp showed up with his mad pad skillz again!! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

I look good in the thumbs up pick. Like a total badass /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif